GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the "viewers" are encouraged by the producers to react while they are recording them watching TV.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the vile Steph & Dom are axed from this show soon. Used to really like them but due to them arselicking the Farage creature I've lost all respect for them>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out that Farage is their local M.P. for Sandwich, which may be another reason.

possibly but would you interview someone you don't like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Just found out that Farage is their local M.P. for Sandwich, which may be another reason.

Nigel Farage isn't their local MP, but he wants to be. He's UKIP's 2015 candidate for their constituency.

I wouldn't want anybody to get the wrong impression that Farage is an MP because he isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »

There's more than one way to conduct an interview but I find that we rarely like we learn more than someone already wants to tell us when they are interviewed by people who it's clear likes them.

To find out something new you have to ask questions that challenge the person being interviewed, and perhaps put them out of their comfort zone, and interviewers who faun over their subjects don't do that.

If I'm going to watch a politician being interviewed for 40-60 minutes then I want to see something more than an extended party political broadcast.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    I've never seen any indication from Steph and Dom that they like or support Farage.

It's the Michael mum and dad that are total Farageophiles.
    They seem to have bought into UKIP's philosophy fairly enthusiastically.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I've never seen any indication from Steph and Dom that they like or support Farage.

Agreed

I really like Dom and Steph but i only started watching the show this season as i had always though the concept was poor, but i love it now.

I think the school teachers annoy me the most.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Apparently the "viewers" are encouraged by the producers to react while they are recording them watching TV.

I believe that in series 1 they were all natural. Since then most of them have been OTT, The only ones I feel that have not changed are Chris and Stephen, the Siddiques and the Tappers (they were always shouting)

Why do tv companies think that the viewing public want this?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    I hope the vile Steph & Dom are axed from this show soon. Used to really like them but due to them arselicking the Farage creature I've lost all respect for them>:(>:(>:(>:(

I have seen the trailer and will not be watching.

From what Steph says in the trailer it seems Dom takes Farage to the pub quite often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    That show with Steph and Dom looks so funny :D
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The dad is going to be a UKIP candidate in the election, isn't he?

I don't think they need to axe anyone because they're doing other shows. I think they could easily bring back the family whose son did CBB, too. There's not much innocence there now, they all know what they're doing, and you can't recapture it by introducing new people. I still find it entertaining, though.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Steph and Dom and supporting UKIP, so I'm looking forward to seeing the spin-off with Farage :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought they were dissing UKIP a few weeks ago ? Maybe I'm getting confused.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be on Televison Xs version, GobbleCock! :D
  • Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care for the dog family especially the father but my two least favourite characters are Sandy and Sandra. So contrived. The nails, the jewellery, the clothes - shudder. I know part of the appeal of the show is the watchers' reactions but they are both so over the top.

The Siddiquis are my top family. They say what I was thinking.
    Dom and Steph are my favorites they make me laugh looking forward to their programme with Nigel Farage next week: :)
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I get my dad on this show? He would honestly be funnier than some people on there already and he drives my mother up the wall with his commentary on a program they're watching at the time.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I want to be on Televison Xs version, GobbleCock! :D

I thought it was rude to talk witn your mouth full
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Well that Neil's bit, we may as well turn off now. :D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they singing oh come all ye faithful to the tune of away in a manger?
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but that tune is not known in any country on this planet.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, nice to see Sandy was wearing a "I love Brighton" hoodie :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Evening all :)
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that Neil's bit, we may as well turn off now. :D

Aaah but Neil comes back for the break, you can't miss him again... I think Neil is my favourite bit of the show :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    hang on,, is there no XF clip :o:o:o:D
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Moffat junior going to be cracking some jokes
This discussion has been closed.