I bet Kevin's kicking himself

12346»

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    His sister, his home town, his accent, his fiancee, her legs, his celebrations, his glasses, his nerdiness, Blackpool itself... Pretty much anything that comes within the ambit of Kevin is open to the kind of jeering condemnation that assumes complicity.

And then you look at the guy himself... What has he done to deserve it? :confused:

I don' t consider thinking that Kevin should consider others a bit more in a specific context to be " jeering condemnation". A rather dismissive generalisation there, I feel.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kevin is fabulous! His paso with Susannah was triumphant and keeps him in my good books FOREVER!
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some say KFG overdances but "kicking himself"?
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I don' t consider thinking that Kevin should consider others a bit more in a specific context to be " jeering condemnation". A rather dismissive generalisation there, I feel.

What has he done wrong?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His sister, his home town, his accent, his fiancee, her legs, his celebrations, his glasses, his nerdiness
    He's a fianceé? What's her legs.. I mean her name?
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a fianceé? What's her legs.. I mean her name?

I don't understand that
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And then you look at the guy himself... What has he done to deserve it? :confused:

Well this is it isn't it, he looks like Clark Kent's little brother or the bloke on the beach who had sand kicked in his face. He looks at odds with how he shows off on the telly!
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Well this is it isn't it, he looks like Clark Kent's little brother or the bloke on the beach who had sand kicked in his face. He looks at odds with how he shows off on the telly!

How bizarre - might is right?

Say that to floyd mayweather
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    How bizarre - might is right?

Say that to floyd mayweather

I think you have completely misunderstood me.

Somebody said what has he done to deserve all the vitriol. What I meant is that he looks a plain inoffensive sort of chap.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what he's done to make the forum hate him

It is not the whole forum, just a select few.
    I think some dislike him rather than hate him though, well I hope so as to hate a person you do not even know is a bit silly in my opinion.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I think you have completely misunderstood me.

Somebody said what has he done to deserve all the vitriol. What I meant is that he looks a plain inoffensive sort of chap.

Oh, my apologies, i read that all wrong, i thought you were adding to the list of things to hate kevin for! :o
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has he done wrong?

I just think he is a bit OTT (shouting "Yes" very loudly and punching the air) when he learns they are safe. I know the others celebrate also, but it never seems quite so overt. There are others waiting to hear their fate, they may not mind of course, but it does look and sound a bit.. unthinking, from where I am sitting.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I just think he is a bit OTT (shouting "Yes" very loudly and punching the air) when he learns they are safe. I know the others celebrate also, but it never seems quite so overt. There are others waiting to hear their fate, they may not mind of course, but it does look and sound a bit.. unthinking, from where I am sitting.

I've got to agree I was like :o when he shouted when they got through I know he is happy but it was OTT, what is he going to be like if he wins :o:o
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has he done wrong?

Some detect a lack of empathy with the as-yet unsafe couples.
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    It was Aljaz being only 24 that shocked me :o

Me thinks he's knocked a few years off;-)
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the dislike for Kevin on this forum quite extraordinary. I find it very uncomfortable at times and it does this forum no favours. It's absolute snobbery.

I think it's based on his face, he has a slightly cartoonish gawpy face.
    Seems like a nice enough bloke but he looks like one of the kids at school who got on people's nerves

Shallowness is a feature of strictly, people like those who look nice and can dance well regardless of what sort of person they are
    Brendan is a horrible chap but he's swooned over because he can cha cha cha. James is a pig, Olas a bitch, but they look good dancing.
    Kevin, nice ordinary bloke with no side to him isn't adored because he looks like a dork.

Nice forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not the whole forum, just a select few.
    I think some dislike him rather than hate him though, well I hope so as to hate a person you do not even know is a bit silly in my opinion.

I always think it's ridiculous pointless and pious to say it's silly to hate someone you don't know on a forum.
    I hate James! I hate bob Geldof , I hate Putin, I hate Cilla. I hate Cameron, I hate Rose West. I hate Cheryl cole. For varying reason and to varying degrees.
    I've never met any of them.
    I'll accept you think it's a bit silly and disregard your opinion totally as idiotic.
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Seems like a nice enough bloke but he looks like one of the kids at school who got on people's nerves

Shallowness is a feature of strictly, people like those who look nice and can dance well regardless of what sort of person they are
    Brendan is a horrible chap but he's swooned over because he can cha cha cha. James is a pig, Olas a bitch, but they look good dancing.
    Kevin, nice ordinary bloke with no side to him isn't adored because he looks like a dork.

Nice forum.

Projection??????????
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to agree I was like :o when he shouted when they got through I know he is happy but it was OTT, what is he going to be like if he wins :o:o

I've been supporting Team Pasholine but I'm tempted to vote for Team Grimstein just to see what happens.
    Will his shrieks of delight shatter the glitterball?
    Will Karen's tears of joy (or Mark's of despair) flood the studio?
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he frightens Frankie. :o:D
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I think Pasha would be my last choice. Nice enough chap but he always gets young, fit partners with reasonable potential but has yet to win with any one of them. I can't work out why he doesn't have to take a turn at teaching an older contestant like all the other pros seem to. He might even learn from the experience.

Pasha partnered Elaine Paige for last year's Christmas special, she's an older lady:) They looked like they had lots of fun .

Nikki:)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Nice forum.

Yes, that's our forum.
  • RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I really don't understand what kevin does wrong. sometimes i think if he even breathes in the wrong way this forum would call him arrogant.

1- him being happy when they get through?! ok its quite a bit reaction but i think it really shows how much he genuinely cares about them getting through

2- i have watched strictly both years he has been in it and he's been nothing but lovely, and he's built genuine friendships with both of the ladies he's danced with. it shows that both his partners absolutely love him.

i have seen nothing of him being arrogant, just him being someone who really believes in Frankie and her potential even when she doesn't,

Ive seen some people bashing him for crying tonight, its an emotional situation, he was emotional for Karen, the camera panned to him its not like he stuck his face in the camera!!!

I don't know if im blind or something but i really just don't see this so called arrogance. I would think he was one of the least arrogant pros!

An excellent post. I absolutely agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scout2006 wrote: »
    Projection??????????
    Idiocy ^^^^^^^ ????
    Yes, that's our forum.

Not mine my dear! I'm not a fully paid up member.

I'll be banned again soon.
    What will I do with myself? :o:(

:D
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    No, Frankie did that for him during the Argentine Tango. :D

(Anyone who watches ITT last night will get it :p)