Options

Horse Racing 2014

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be real hard work in the races today. This wind is appalling (and I am in East Anglia - where we have avoided the worst of it). It absolutely tipped down for about a quarter of an hour a short while ago today.

Will the wind be against the runners in the home straight at any of the courses today?

Will probably want a horse that really stays the distance at all races today. The long-distance chase at Warwick could be really hard work. The ground is described as soft but they are forecast showers this morning and some sunny spells during racing. I'm tinking the ground could get really sticky. Plus Warwick has tricky fences and if a horse makes a mistake at one of them, that will put even more emphasis on it's stamina.

I quite fancy Rigadin de Beauchene (good record fresh, loves bad ground, is a thorough stayer and trained by a yard that win plenty of good staying chases at this time of year in bad ground - many at big prices). Worried he is too high in the wights though and his big wins have come off a fairly light weight. he is second top in the weights today on 11-8

Lower down the weights I like Cadeaux George (unexposed, looks a real stayer and likes bad ground), as well as Tales of Milan (won nicely penultimate start at Sandown in a haf-fecent race over this trip on bad ground. Is quite unexposed nd is at the bottom of the weights. Ran poorly last time though and that could be an issue. I think he's a big price though - probably because the trainer is pretty unknown