The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2013

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
As revealed in Channel 4 Christmas Schedule it is being aired on Boxing Day this year. (Actually being filmed next Tuesday I believe).

What they have revealed so far is that Dara o' Briain, Micky Flanagan, Noel Fielding & Jack Whitehall are 4 of the panelists. (No word yet on who the other 2 are unless anybody knows different)

Im actually quite happy with this. Dara is insanely funny and usually is the star whenever he does these shows (Especially when he did the original BFQOT90'S) :D Noel Fielding has been awesome when teamed with Brand or Ayoade. Flanagan is getting much better at picking his spots and well Whitehall will probably get complaints again because he likes pushing edges more and more (Wouldn't mind seeing his Dad on the show).

Channel 4 Christmas & New Year Line Up 2013/2014

Comments

• who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds great thanks. If Jack's on they should bring Mr Blobby back to keep him in line ;) That was hilarious last time.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it, it's always funny. Of course the only problem i have is Jack Whitehall because i just don't see what is so funny about him. He seems to be everywhere at the moment though so i'm not exactly surprised.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    who me? wrote: »
    This sounds great thanks. If Jack's on they should bring Mr Blobby back to keep him in line ;) That was hilarious last time.

Mr. Blobby on Big Fat Quiz Of The 90's was one of the Greatest TV Moments of All Time For Me :)
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, it's always funny. Of course the only problem i have is Jack Whitehall because i just don't see what is so funny about him. He seems to be everywhere at the moment though so i'm not exactly surprised.

Agreed. At least they usually have 5 Comedians and 1 TV Personality in addition to Jimmy Carr. So the Comedians are doing what there job is to be funny...there should be someone there for everyone.

Would love to see Jon Richardson on or Phil Jupitus back to be honest :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a highlight of the christmas schedule for me, although boxing day is very early for it ..

they'll have the obligatory female panellist i imagine, so it'll be interesting to see who - decent line up so far though.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dara O is tediously unfunny - I'm bored just thinking about him. And Fielding is DIRE.
  • MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An OK line-up - and one that woud still make me give it a watch - but hoping there's someone a bit better to be announced, David Mitchell or Richard Ayoade (or both!) would be ideal.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather take a razor blade to my ball bag than watch Jack Whitehall and Noel Fielding.

I'm out.
    Forum Member
    Definitely a highlight of the christmas schedule for me, although boxing day is very early for it ..

they'll have the obligatory female panellist i imagine, so it'll be interesting to see who - decent line up so far though.

It is quite early compared to recent years which is weird. When it first started didn't it air before Christmas?
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Dara but not so keen on the rest. Will watch though.

The 2009 one was my favourite in recent years (though I think it actually aired at the start of 2010?!) Rob Brydon and David Mitchell were good.
    Forum Member
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Like Dara but not so keen on the rest. Will watch though.

The 2009 one was my favourite in recent years (though I think it actually aired at the start of 2010?!) Rob Brydon and David Mitchell were good.

Rob Brydon is incredible. He used to do it every year at first (Like first 5 Years)...wonder why he stopped
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guarantee you that if you walk out of your house right now the first five people you see will all be funnier than Jack Whitehall.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is quite early compared to recent years which is weird. When it first started didn't it air before Christmas?

I don't think it did - i think the first one was actually on, or close to, new years day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite teams so far have been David Mitchell & Rob Brydon, Jonathan Ross & Russell Brand or Russell & Noel Fielding.

I don't like Dara or Mickey but hoping the other panelists make up for them!
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they bring Richard Ayoade back.

He's been marvelous on the episodes he's appeared in. Had me in stitches repeatedly.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who the token woman will be.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Whitehall was annoying last year. I don't mind him much as a comedian, but if he tries the same schtick that the tried last year with James Corden with their desperate and unfunny attempts to produce humour from deliberate incorrect answers (something only Brand/Fielding/Ayoade have been able to pull off) then I'm going to turn over very quickly.
  • marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I really dislike is Flanagan, who was awful on that quotes quiz with David Mitchell.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »

It'll be someone to annoy the viewers, Carol Vorderman or that irritating witch Janet Street Porter, maybe Miranda Hart.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Like everyone but Fielding, he'll drag down anyone he's paired with with his 'funny' answers.

If there is a female contestant I hope it's a comedian rather than someone like Carol Vorderman.
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »

To be honest I wouldn't mind Claudia Winkleman...PROVIDED she is on the right team. Didn't like her so much with McIntyre (Not that I dislike McIntyre...Hes not the best but he certainly isn't bad). When she was with Dara of Big Fat Quiz of the 90's she was funny. It seemed like she picked her moments better because well Dara tends to do that :)
  • gopher_uk1gopher_uk1 Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Again about 5 posters have expressed opinions as FACTS!. Just because you don't find someone funny doesn't mean they aren't, they just don't mesh with your sense of humour.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to a Christmas TV supplement in today's Mirror the teams are

Jack Whitehall and Jonathan Ross
    Dara O Briain and Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords)
    Noel Fielding and Richard Ayoade
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to have been in a time warp, because I was sure it was only in its fifth year at most... It started in 2005! (Not sure if that was looking back on 2004 either.)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The first was broadcast in 2004 looking back on 2004.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, pretty obvious Ross would be on again given his wife is involved with the show.
    Very. very pleased Vorderman isn't on. Like Penny Smith, she seems to have a tendency to pretend she's thick or doesn't understand things when she clearly does. I don't find that funny.