Options

Hopkins: "The british public are MY people"

Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hopkins berated Perez for saying unkind things about the british public. I can't actually recall him doing this. I know there were a lot of "F*** you"s to all and sundry over the tweet, but mostly spoken in anger, and I'm not sure Hopkins was even around for that.

Though the thought of her claiming the BP are HER people and that SHE speaks for us makes me wanna throw.

If they are her people why does she make so much money out of slagging them off in the papers and on TV and in tweets. Yeah you must really love them!

I feel more love from Perez when he is an ocean away.

Comments

• Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopkins berated Perez for saying unkind things about the british public. I can't actually recall him doing this. I know there were a lot of "F*** you"s to all and sundry over the tweet, but mostly spoken in anger, and I'm not sure Hopkins was even around for that.

Though the thought of her claiming the BP are HER people and that SHE speaks for us makes me wanna throw.

If they are her people why does she make so much money out of slagging them off in the papers and on TV and in tweets. Yeah you must really love them!

If that were true, I'd emulate Perez and shoot myself
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people that she likes to slag of so often.

That woman is full of it.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    At least Perez will disappear back to the states.

We're stuck with katie and no doubt she'll become the nations sweetheart when she wins!
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I am not her people , she is a vile horse faced bint and is equally as bad as Perez .
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say it startled me to realise she was claiming us when many of us really just want her to go away and leave us alone !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I wish she was my auntie.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rightly or wrongly she seems to speak for a lot of people in the UK. A bit like UKIP.
    No accounting for taste. She will go back to her spouting and rantings , some will love it others won't. I could not care less.

She is a good housemate. That's the beginning and end for me .
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Rightly or wrongly she seems to speak for a lot of people in the UK. A bit like UKIP.

Please. UKIP don't speak for me either.
  • Options
    d_ream1d_ream1 Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    It's classic grandiose behaviour as exhibited by people with BorderLine personality disorder.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'm "her people" then I revoke my Britishness with immediate effect :o
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    No accounting for taste. She will go back to her spouting and rantings , some will love it others won't. I could not care less.

She is a good housemate. That's the beginning and end for me .

She does not speak for UKIP !
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    She does not speak for UKIP !

I apologise , I meant she speaks for some people in the UK , as does UKIP. Diverse opinions are not yet illegal .,:) sorry it wasn't clearer .
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She refers to Nadia as the liberal left which must surly place her in the far right.

And who do we see on the far right? UKIP, BNP, and the more extreme (Nazis). Obviously I'm not saying Hopkins is any of those things, just that thats what is associated with right wing.

Presumably this is why Nadia doesn't take much offence to Hopkins calling her a lefty.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My People".....now she thinks she's the Queen! It must be her superiority complex playing up again.
  • Options
    Brutal TruthBrutal Truth Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie's delusions of grandeur in full effect.
    Katie likes to think that she is to the British public what Michelle is to the gay community.
    Get over yourself love.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do I go to renounce my citizenship? :D;)
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The little Englanders might have a claim to be her people, but leave us in the Celtic countries out of it Katie.>:(

*no offence intended to English people with brains intended
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FGS - she wasn't saying "my" people as in "her" people. She was saying that the GBP shouldn't be slated as that will alienate the voters. I haven't explained that very well but I do understand what she meant. It seems that whenever Katie speaks, people jump on her. As a British person, all Brits are "my" people too. I am proud to be British and thank heaven that I don't have some traits that Perez has because then I would be ashamed to be associated with his country.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to wonder if she's the long lost child of Thatcher. She's worryingly believing we ALL love her. [shivers at how dangerous this woman's mindset is] :(
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    I wish she was my auntie.
    You want this woman to be your auntie...??? Do you know much about her?....Here is just a taster of those she dislikes...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-13-bitchiest-statements-3787639
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's also untrue. The "born into wealth British public" are the only people she thinks are worthy and claims them as her people. I would think most of them recoil at her every juvenile ignorant word. Thank goodness she can't ever get any political power, she is sinister and dangerous to anyone not born into wealth.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/feb/14/katie-hopkins-interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-HYrihBajU
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/8734458.stm
  • Options
    bajanqueenbajanqueen Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    You are not her people if you live north of the boarder,fat,on benifits and have ginger hair.... I don't fall into any of those,but Hopkins you don't speak for me,I am not one of your people,she is a disgrace and doesn't speak for the British public.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder if she's the long lost child of Thatcher. She's worryingly believing we ALL love her. [shivers at how dangerous this woman's mindset is] :(

Thatcher was a left wing progressive compared to this woman. At least she was from fairly ordinary stock, state educated and encouraged social mobility. Jeez, that doesn't mean I was a fan. BB chopped out Hopkins gleeful praise of Maggie getting rid of the miners, from the debating task. I wonder why?
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    You want this woman to be your auntie...??? Do you know much about her?....Here is just a taster of those she dislikes...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-13-bitchiest-statements-3787639

Great isn't she!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She's an embarrassment....I wonder if it's too late for me to emigrate.