Rayman Legends

2»

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's been confirmed that this will be released in Feb 2014 on both X1 & PS4. Don't really know what they can do to change it for the new consoles?
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    It's been confirmed that this will be released in Feb 2014 on both X1 & PS4. Don't really know what they can do to change it for the new consoles?

Seems an odd choice to bring to next gen, I agree, assuming it already runs at 1080P and 60fps I believe, then what else can they do with it? 4K? :p

Cam imagine it being no more than a simple port to appease those who sold their current gen system to buy into the next gen. Still has me a bit intrigued, was gonna buy it for PC or PS3/360 but thinking I might just hang on for next gen (getting PS4) in case they do pull something special out of the bag....
  • lukemholllukemholl Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Hadn't got anywhere near finishing this on my 360 (which I'm selling when my One arrives), so this is good news :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just picked this up for £17.99 off Amazon for the PS3. And wow, what an amazing platformer! I loved Rayman Origins (had the Wii version), and this one is similarly creative and surprising. The graphics are truly stunning too; it's not often a game can make you laugh with a left-field baddie parachuting in or hopping about on stilts. :D

Well worth the asking price, and a lovely game for the run up to Christmas. :)
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Picked up today £16.99 from game as part of their black Friday deals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone recommend between the Wii U and 360 versions.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a big jump in quality from Origins to this, or is it mostly a more-of-the-same kind of deal? That game was alright but not nearly as amazing as I'd heard, IMO.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Fantastic joyous game! The musical levels are genius.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get the PC version (identical to the PS3/360 version from what I've read) for just £8.99 at Zavvi with the Black Friday deal and a code I had for 10% off. Was going to wait for the next gen version but at £8.99 vs £50 for the next gen release, which will probably add little, if anything, waiting just didn't make sense. :D

I adored origins, so nice to see the come back 2D platformers are slowly but steadily making, those who played the 3D platformers that dominated through the late nineties/early 2000s will know how awkward 3D platformers can be, only a few developers such as Nintendo can do them right, and even then they still lack the immediacy and precision of a good 2D platformer like origins.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rayman Legends is getting a cheeky little next-gen outing, with prices at around £30. It retains the 1080p/60 visuals of it's last-gen cousins, but with uncompressed graphics and drastically reduced loading times sweetening the deal.

Certainly not worth re-buying if you had it before, but for newcomers it's an amazing platformer that comes highly recommended.

And if you happen to have a Wii U, you can currently pick it up for £10 in HMV - arguably the definitive version and an absolute steal.