Options

Eye Patch Lady when Rory is around?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
Whilst watching yesterdays episode I realized that on two occasions where the Eye Patch Lady has appeared in the series Rory has been very close to Amy.

In The Curse of the Black Spot Amy was laying next to Rory when she saw the Lady, and in yesterdays episode Rory interrupted Amy after she shut the door. The only time Rory has not been physically close to Amy was in Day of the Moon where Amy is exploring the Children's Home, but even then he comes soon after.

I thought the way he reacted to Amy when she saw the Silence for the first time in the Oval office in The Impossible Astronaut was also very suspicious, almost as if he is waiting for her to notice something...

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    No I agree. Had not thought about Rory and eye patch lady but I do think there has been something odd about Rory behaviour this season. The whole 2000 years thing, when the Doctor asks him in Pandorica how he managed to stay out of trouble he replied unsuccessfully and I have really wondered about that for a while...think all will be revealed....;-)
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    steveleeee wrote: »
    The only time Rory has not been physically close to Amy was in Day of the Moon where Amy is exploring the Children's Home, but even then he comes soon after.

In fairness, he got there soon because he was with the Doctor. If you replace "Rory is always around" with "The Doctor is always around" - it still works.

When Amy first saw the woman, she was basically alone in that part of the orphanage and had been trapped in a room with Silence long enough to have her implant removed and had to draw on herself to keep track. We have noidea how long that took or if she even remained in that room the whole time. The curious thing for me is that Canton doesn't appear to noticed any missing time.

Certainly keep one eye on it (pun intended:)) but I suspect that the cyclopian bint is just an Amy thing.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the eypatch lady has something to do with Rory dying all the time. At first I thought Rory's deaths were just a theme, or a joke but now I think he is dying all the time because he is meant to be dead (from being shot) but it was reversed and the universe is trying to kill him if that makes sense? And that would link in with Amy's pregnancy, why the tardis can't decide, because Rory (the father) isn't meant to be alive.

That probably doesn't make much sense reading it over :o lol
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    revans33 wrote: »

Not a lot :D

Actually - I rather like the idea that the is-she-isn't-she story hinges on Rory's humanity. I don't buy it - but I like the way you think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I think the eypatch lady has something to do with Rory dying all the time. At first I thought Rory's deaths were just a theme, or a joke but now I think he is dying all the time because he is meant to be dead (from being shot) but it was reversed and the universe is trying to kill him if that makes sense? And that would link in with Amy's pregnancy, why the tardis can't decide, because Rory (the father) isn't meant to be alive.

that makes a lot of sense actually :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Only she didn't appear in the Doctor's Wife. and he kinda died in that episode if only briefly
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean like in the Final Destination films? I must admit that had crossed my mind, too. And the point about the pregnancy would also make sense.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no relation to rory, but DEFINATELY to amy

may also have a connection to the preggers-notpreggers situation .....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a dream about Madame Kovorian last night..... Cant remember what she was saying but she said a hell of a lot. I think that I am getting very obsessed with Doctor Who:o