Options

What can Leona do to avoid the same fate as Alexandra Burke?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Collide was a dreadful record - sort of stop start - just when you thought it was going somewhere it was over. Just seemed badly constructed.

I would like her to sing an uptempo song without all the ''feat. rapper'' parts, something unusual and different. But I do like her ballads too.

Have you heard Glassheart? It is an uptempo but is quite dark at the same time. We don't have a high quality of it yet sadly but I think it sounds really promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwgHpLxwXdA&feature=related
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Have you heard Glassheart? It is an uptempo but is quite dark at the same time. We don't have a high quality of it yet sadly but I think it sounds really promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwgHpLxwXdA&feature=related

I've been avoiding spoilers as I want to hear them properly, but thanks anyway. :)
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been avoiding spoilers as I want to hear them properly, but thanks anyway. :)

I couldn't do that, I am too impatient. lol
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, boy are you in for a treat when you hear Glassheart! :D
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Buy Capital a massive cake.

Or you give them another type of cake if you know what I mean.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    So basically she has to get Radio 1 and Capital onside. I wonder if her team have a plan for doing so or if they're just going to see what happens. Radio ruined Alexandra and has left her career in tatters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically she has to get Radio 1 and Capital onside. I wonder if her team have a plan for doing so or if they're just going to see what happens.

As someone said before ... she needs a great song that the radio cannot resist. Not a toytown "lalala" tune that sounds like everything else, lacks personality and autotuned to f__k.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said before ... she needs a great song that the radio cannot resist. Not a toytown "lalala" tune that sounds like everything else, lacks personality and autotuned to f__k.

sounds like the description of Trouble :p

upbeat, organic, edgy with attitude and vocally amazing.

I believe the words to describe it were "Massive attack with Kate Bush thrown in"
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see alex's 4 fans from the burke bum licking appreciation thread have hijacked this thread as usual. No point debating anything while they are here they will just spout the same rubbish they do all the time
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habanala wrote: »
    I see alex's 4 fans from the burke bum licking appreciation thread have hijacked this thread as usual. No point debating anything while they are here they will just spout the same rubbish they do all the time

See you later then...:)
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    habanala wrote: »

And we gave a good opinion on what Ms Lewis must do. Stop being bitchy and give an answer to the question.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Collide got playlisted by both Capital and Radio 1, but I remember it just didn't get played that much. I think they where playing Pixie's "All About Tonight" 4 or 5 times more than Collide.

Apparently a Radio 1 DJ said Collide isn't really what he wanted from Leona, but he had heard her next song (Trouble) and said it was much better. We just have to wait and see. I don't Capital is that important though. With Radio 1 & Radio 2 plus good promo and X Factor performance, hopefully Leona will do well. Only time will tell.

They hammered Adele along with every other station, it all helps :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's already done it. She's releasing the album after 1 single, not 2.

Everyone's talking about how HOH was a massive failure, but Elephant got to #3 in the charts (with no radio support) and sold relatively well. Had she launched the album with Elephant, it'd have underperformed, but not to the level it did.