Options

BBC/Sky Golf Coverage 2013

Comments

• Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Yes, so why did they:

- cut the red button at 3.30pm this afternoon?

- not use it tonight?

Seems very odd.

Sky seems to have started doing this sort of thing for the last 12 months or maybe a little longer. So why this is happening now I don't know. Very strange!
    Ian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Red button option probably has to be staffed.

At least they kept on doing updates back to the pga tour studio of the canadian and went back live to the seniors.
  • Options
    andy_d77andy_d77 Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the seniors an 18 hole play off today?
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    andy_d77 wrote: »
    is the seniors an 18 hole play off today?

Dont think so - hadnt they played two extra holes last night before the light faded?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes they did but they could have scrapped a one hole and put in place 18 hole one. it started at 8am today...
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC so annoying
    Women's Open Thurs and Fri start 6.30...BNBC come on at 13.00.

Saturday 2.30 start from BBNC an hour after last tee off
    Sunday 2.00 start from BBC 30 minutes after last tee off

Did the idiots at the BBc not get the letter form the R&A?
    Sure I heard that after losing live Scottish Open and PGA BBC were told that they need to show respect to Open/Womens Open as no guarantee they will keep them.
    Looks like all LIVE golf will be on Sky by 2020!
    Sort it out BBC!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes they did but they could have scrapped a one hole and put in place 18 hole one. it started at 8am today...

I doubt they can change the playoff rules part-way through the play-off :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt they can change the playoff rules part-way through the play-off :rolleyes:

with agreement of both or all of the parties involved play off conditions can be altered.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC so annoying

Sure I heard that after losing live Scottish Open and PGA BBC were told that they need to show respect to Open/Womens Open as no guarantee they will keep them.

I wouldn't have thought the R&A would 'warn' the BBC about the Women's Open as it's an LGU tournament.

Agree though. They always give the Women's short shrift. Why, when they've all the staff/facilities in place they'd rather show repeats of lifestyle programmes, i don't know?
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with agreement of both or all of the parties involved play off conditions can be altered.

I presume the fact that they started it as early as 8am meant that people have got other places to go this week so I hardly think they would be looking at extending the time they were there.
    Well done to Mark Wiebe by the way -seems like a real nice guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What, once the play-off has started?!?!

The only reason it carried on today was the fading light, no player in their right mind is going to agree to an extra 18 holes out of choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, once the play-off has started?!?!

The only reason it carried on today was the fading light, no player in their right mind is going to agree to an extra 18 holes out of choice.

rule 33 allows for this, but would have needed all round agreement
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC so annoying

Looks like all LIVE golf will be on Sky by 2020!
    Sort it out BBC!

Funniest post of the year so far. What's its got to do with the R&A ?
    Watching the dross that Sky put on instead of the Senior Open I suspect the LGU are massively grateful for FTA coverage of their tournament.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only four and quarter hours of coverage today (they need to leave at 5.15 for an Antiques Roadshow repeat) and they're showing the morning session!!

Why couldn't they have come on air in this morning for that?
  • Options
    adman50adman50 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    well it is definitely live now.

have you not noticed?
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Only four and quarter hours of coverage today (they need to leave at 5.15 for an Antiques Roadshow repeat) and they're showing the morning session!!

Why couldn't they have come on air in this morning for that?

More coverage today of the Women's Golf on the BBC than of the World Golf Championships on Sky by the way.
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    More coverage today of the Women's Golf on the BBC than of the World Golf Championships on Sky by the way.

Sky can only cover from Golf in the USA, whatever USA TV Channels show.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adman50 wrote: »
    well it is definitely live now.

have you not noticed?

2.20pm they went live.
  • Options
    redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A tweet from Ewan Murray the other day told me that he is out there with David Livingston, David Howell, Butch Harmon and Rob Lee.

I imagine this will be the main team for next weeks USPGA major to with Howard Clark joining them if he isnt there already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the commentators are off tube back in London as we are hearing nothing of Butch commentating.

Wonder why they send Livingston out there on his own instead of just letting him work it from the studio back in London then all travel out together for the PGA next week?
  • Options
    Stereophonic83Stereophonic83 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Livingstone is over there because its a WGC Event and gives a better impression seeing him presenting from the course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Livingstone is over there because its a WGC Event and gives a better impression seeing him presenting from the course.

For the first one this year it was done from the studio. Maybe with it being a major next week as you say it helps with the build up a little
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the commentators are off tube back in London as we are hearing nothing of Butch commentating.

Wonder why they send Livingston out there on his own instead of just letting him work it from the studio back in London then all travel out together for the PGA next week?

They did the same last year didn't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, just wondered when Sky first started showing the 2 main tours live and also the US open and PGA?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "This is why golf takes six hours folks, the fear of being found out doing something wrong, when it doesn't matter a toss"

Never a truer word spoken by Peter Alliss, after awaiting a ruling.