First Sexy Navy Captain suspended after allegations that she was banging seaman.

15678911»

Comments

• MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Most men must have the same look what with them being 'rug munchers'

Funny really, since it appears she's a keen player of the pink oboe by other more reliable accounts.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    When we meet people we tend to use our first names - as with many proctologists, it only matters that we are doctors when dealing with ar*eholes. ;)
    Definitely mattered to me when i was getting Dyno rodded. At least she introduced herself as a Dr. Seemed to know her way around anyway. :D
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    Funny really, since it appears she's a keen player of the pink oboe by other more reliable accounts.

Well, if it's good enough for a nun .....

http://www.monkeychops.karoo.net/b3ta/pics/pinkoboe.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Where's the confusion? Why should you need to know whether someone doing a job is male or female?
    Husband and wife used to clearly distinguish male and female. Now we have men mentioning 'my husband'....that very unfunny 'comedian' Scot Capurro is a good example who mentions his 'husband' in almost every sentence.

Yes Scott.....everyone knows you are a Gay man so just get on with it.

Why would you care what sex they are? Don't get your objection at all.
    That was in relation to Woman Police Constable and Police Constable ( a bloke). It's not an objection at all. Just that i think it useful to know beforehand whether dealing with a man or a woman. Also instantly identifies them rather than PC123.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Well, if it's good enough for a nun .....

http://www.monkeychops.karoo.net/b3ta/pics/pinkoboe.jpg

:D You must have had some interesting results besides that one in your search.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does a man call the woman he is married to? His wife right? Well that is why a woman would call the woman she is married to a wife as well - because the word is used to describe that specific woman, not the person (male or female) she is married to.
    I find it easier to relate to 'partner'. As i've said, anyones sexual orientation etc is a matter for each individual and nobody elses business. That's something i don't understand why some gay people seem to constantly be agitating by all this 'outing' and so on.

If someone is in a same sex relationship and they are happy....so what? Leave alone, live life and let them get on with it.
    As for the F1 driver - well, perhaps Simona de Silvestro will show you next year, eh?
    Hmm.....as she's Swiss there's a probability. The Swiss have a totally different 'psyche' to other Europeans and most definitely British. Believe me.....i know! My ex-wife is Swiss and de Silvestro was born just a few miles from where my e-wife lives. It's a very pretty area and i know it well.

Only downside is she's been in Indycar coming to F1. Normally drivers make the change the other way round (F1 to Indy or even Rallying). But then she is Swiss.....and that's what i mean about the 'psyche'. They can be difficult and 'not the most' as my ex-wife used to term it. However, on the positive side she is only 25 so plenty of time still left on the body clock. :)
    Now... the job titles thing. Why would you even worry about the sex of a police officer before they turned up? Do you have to make special preparations depending on whether it is a man or a woman? If so, why (and what!) ?
    Bib.......most definitely!

If i knew a woman PC was coming i'd have a quick tidy round, vaccy the carpet, plug in the air freshener and get the kettle on. :cool:

If a Policeman was coming......i wouldn't bother doing anything.

Why? Because that's how i was brought up. :)
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    justatech wrote: »
    Not in the context of the thread where Jesaya had been rather snide and obnoxious towards one of the other posters. Hence my 'behaving like an arsehole' comment.

It's called giving as good as you get. Maybe you should read all the posts in this banter-filled thread before you start getting all high-horsey about just one of them.
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I find it easier to relate to 'partner'. As i've said, anyones sexual orientation etc is a matter for each individual and nobody elses business. That's something i don't understand why some gay people seem to constantly be agitating by all this 'outing' and so on.

If someone is in a same sex relationship and they are happy....so what? Leave alone, live life and let them get on with it.

Hmm.....as she's Swiss there's a probability. The Swiss have a totally different 'psyche' to other Europeans and most definitely British. Believe me.....i know! My ex-wife is Swiss and de Silvestro was born just a few miles from where my e-wife lives. It's a very pretty area and i know it well.

Only downside is she's been in Indycar coming to F1. Normally drivers make the change the other way round (F1 to Indy or even Rallying). But then she is Swiss.....and that's what i mean about the 'psyche'. They can be difficult and 'not the most' as my ex-wife used to term it. However, on the positive side she is only 25 so plenty of time still left on the body clock. :)

Bib.......most definitely!

If i knew a woman PC was coming i'd have a quick tidy round, vaccy the carpet, plug in the air freshener and get the kettle on. :cool:

If a Policeman was coming......i wouldn't bother doing anything.

Why? Because that's how i was brought up. :)

Well, I don't think the point is about how easy it is for you to relate to it though, is it? Married people have husbands or wives... all that has happened is that a couple might both be wives... it's really not that difficult. As for 'agitating' - well if you were treated like a second class citizen then you might agitate too.

If it was a male or female police officer I would tidy up etc... as that is how I was brought up.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    Husband and wife used to clearly distinguish male and female. Now we have men mentioning 'my husband'....that very unfunny 'comedian' Scot Capurro is a good example who mentions his 'husband' in almost every sentence.

Yes Scott.....everyone knows you are a Gay man so just get on with it.
    Just wondering if you'd feel the same way if a female comedian mentioned her husband in every sentence. Would you say she was making sure we knew she was straight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't think the point is about how easy it is for you to relate to it though, is it? Married people have husbands or wives... all that has happened is that a couple might both be wives... it's really not that difficult. As for 'agitating' - well if you were treated like a second class citizen then you might agitate too.

If it was a male or female police officer I would tidy up etc... as that is how I was brought up.
    Ok well for me a husband is still a bloke and a wife a woman. Even the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as such;

A married man considered in relation to his spouse:

And for the woman/wife;
    A married woman considered in relation to her spouse.

As for being treated like second class.....welcome to the world or as Orwell so eloquently put it, "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

I don't get my feather duster out for blokes.....they don't notice a bit of dust. :p

Just wondering if you'd feel the same way if a female comedian mentioned her husband in every sentence. Would you say she was making sure we knew she was straight?
    No i'd begin to wonder if she was right in the head.
    Why this need for constant public reminding of peoples sexual orientation at all? :confused:
    Gay, lesbian, transgendered, hetero or whatever else? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Ok well for me a husband is still a bloke and a wife a woman. Even the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as such;

A married man considered in relation to his spouse:

And for the woman/wife;
    A married woman considered in relation to her spouse.

As for being treated like second class.....welcome to the world or as Orwell so eloquently put it, "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

I don't get my feather duster out for blokes.....they don't notice a bit of dust. :p

Why this need for constant public reminding of peoples sexual orientation at all? :confused:

I agree a husband is a man and a wife is a woman... so I am a wife who has a wife.

Sadly I don't need the welcome to the unequal world - I have lived in it for all my adult life... I just did something to help change it where I could.

Blokes don't notice a bit of dust? You have got to be kidding... have you not seen 'Sleeping with the Enemy'?

We are reminded of straight people's sexuality all the time... you just don't notice it I suspect. I can think of few straight male comedians who don't talk about their wives (usually telling jokes about them). When LGBT people talk about their spouses or partners it is simply more noticeable because it is unusual, having just been changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree a husband is a man and a wife is a woman... so I am a wife who has a wife.

Sadly I don't need the welcome to the unequal world - I have lived in it for all my adult life... I just did something to help change it where I could.
    But it's unequal for most people, it always has been. Not just gay/lesbian people. A couple of women i used to work with lived together and they seemed happy enough. Tbh what i always admired most about them was neither ever ever brought their sexuality into the workplace (not sure i've explained that too good so just hope you understand what i mean).
    Blokes don't notice a bit of dust? You have got to be kidding... have you not seen 'Sleeping with the Enemy'?
    No, but always liked watching the original series of The Odd Couple about Oscar and Felix. Also the later film version with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. No prizes for guessing which character role applies to me.

Ermm....come to think of it, yes my son is fanatical about dust and tidiness with every damn thing which has to be in it's precise place. But then he had spent years in the Forces. Still irons his own clothes even though he's been out two years. :confused:
    We are reminded of straight people's sexuality all the time... you just don't notice it I suspect. I can think of few straight male comedians who don't talk about their wives (usually telling jokes about them). When LGBT people talk about their spouses or partners it is simply more noticeable because it is unusual, having just been changed.
    When i was married if my wife was with me i'd introduce her to people by her name, not 'title'. I never said, 'oh this is my wife and we are quite straight'.

I think people would have considered me a bit wacko if i had. :confused:
    Forum Member

There is no such "need" - you are reading too much into jokes or conversation about partners and family. When Les Dawson made jokes about his wife or mother-in-law, he clearly wasn't trying to "remind" everyone that he was heterosexual - he was just being funny.
    Forum Member
    But it's unequal for most people, it always has been. Not just gay/lesbian people. A couple of women i used to work with lived together and they seemed happy enough. Tbh what i always admired most about them was neither ever ever brought their sexuality into the workplace (
    I'm not actually sure what you mean by that. People don't generally bring their sexuality into the workplace deliberately, but it becomes obvious if they happen to mention their partners or spouses in casual conversation. There's nothing wrong with that, surely?
    When i was married if my wife was with me i'd introduce her to people by her name, not 'title'. I never said, 'oh this is my wife and we are quite straight'.

I think people would have considered me a bit wacko if i had
    Well, yes. It wouldn't have been in the least odd though if you had just introduced her as your wife. Just as a gay man might introduce someone as his boyfriend or partner. He wouldn't say, "Oh, this is my partner and we're gay" - that would be a bit daft. Which is why it wouldn't happen!
    Forum Member
    Ok well for me a husband is still a bloke and a wife a woman. Even the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as such
    Yes, because nothing's changed. A married gay man has a husband, a married lesbian has a wife. They're still blokes and women!
    Forum Member
    But it's unequal for most people, it always has been. Not just gay/lesbian people. A couple of women i used to work with lived together and they seemed happy enough. Tbh what i always admired most about them was neither ever ever brought their sexuality into the workplace (not sure i've explained that too good so just hope you understand what i mean).

No, but always liked watching the original series of The Odd Couple about Oscar and Felix. Also the later film version with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. No prizes for guessing which character role applies to me.

Ermm....come to think of it, yes my son is fanatical about dust and tidiness with every damn thing which has to be in it's precise place. But then he had spent years in the Forces. Still irons his own clothes even though he's been out two years. :confused:

I think people would have considered me a bit wacko if i had. :confused:

We were discussing 'agitating' which you were critical of - the inequality I am talking about things like being unable to get jobs; losing jobs; being thrown out of home; having children taken away from you; not being able to have legal recognition of your relationship (let alone marry); unequal pensions; unequal age of consent; being refused service in shops; etc etc. That's a LOT of inequalities and doesn't even cover the violence and abuse... so yes, I have agitated to change those over the past 40 years and I think that's a good thing. It's all very well you saying that 'well there is inequality everywhere' but that's hardly a reason to just sit and take it...

As for 'bringing sexuality into the workplace' - straight people do this all the time and always have... when a man talks about 'my wife' or a woman talks about 'her boyfriend' or they sit and chat about people they fancy, or put pin-ups on the wall etc etc. In the past, because of prejudice etc, gay people had two choices in most workplaces... we either said nothing at all or we lied. Now we don't have to lie - and because this is a new thing for some straight people they see it as 'bringing sexuality into the workplace' when of course straight sexuality has been there all along.

As for introductions, I say 'this is my wife, X' - or more usually 'this is X'. If I am asked 'what does your husband do?' or similar, I reply 'my wife is a historian'. There is no need to say 'I am gay' because most people are able to work it out from my replies.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    :D You must have had some interesting results besides that one in your search.:o

In actual fact no.