Sugababes - Sweet 7 has leaked

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    If it was a marketing ploy then a whole month before seems extreme. Maybe a week or 2 but not a month. Surely that'll just make less people buy the album. Plus their last album didn't sell well and I can't see many rushing out to get this one..
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well here's the song that has some fans coming, and others bleeding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiG5zW6anc
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm half way through, and besides About A Girl everything sounds so incredibly bland and unspired. :( (Interesting to look at the waveforms though, even if it's a leak - they've actually left a lot of headroom in there, and no more clipping! I suspect the actual retail CD will be clipped to holy hell.)

Anyway, theres too much autotune crap going on, Keisha's voice is sorely missed, Amelle continues to bug the shit out of me, and this electronica stuff (currently up to She's A Mess) is downright horrendous. I guess my hopes of them returning to their urban sound are well and truly dashed now... then again, none of them would be qualified to make such music anyway.
  • ras4liferas4life Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    love it
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beginning of the end me thinks unless they break the states although I can't see that happening.
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, now it gets better - Crash & Burn, No More You and Sweet & Amazing are much more like the old Sugababes. It sounds like something that could've easily been on Three, or Taller In More Ways. When there's just a basic synth or keys beat behind them and they sing more, things sound great. When the "funky", "dancy" electronica shit starts up, it's awful.

*edit* Reached the end, and I'm surprised at how the second half of the album is completely different to the first! It's totally old school Sugababes. The last 4 songs, in addition to About A Girl, might just be enough to make me want to buy it...
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm half way through, and besides About A Girl everything sounds so incredibly bland and unspired. :( (Interesting to look at the waveforms though, even if it's a leak - they've actually left a lot of headroom in there, and no more clipping! I suspect the actual retail CD will be clipped to holy hell.)

Anyway, theres too much autotune crap going on, Keisha's voice is sorely missed, Amelle continues to bug the shit out of me, and this electronica stuff (currently up to She's A Mess) is downright horrendous. I guess my hopes of them returning to their urban sound are well and truly dashed now... then again, none of them would be qualified to make such music anyway.

I agree with this. The Babes have voices on them so I don't know why they thought this autotune mess was a good idea.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Nancy_Drew wrote: »
    Worst album of the year! These girls aren't the Sugababes and Heidi needs to get her wedding over and done with. She's not a pop star anyway. She's too old to be in the group!

I hate Jade's voice recorded. It sounds great live but on this album it could be anybody except Keisha. These girls are finished and washed up and this album will flop I bet.

I think that is harsh your using her age as a way of not being in the group. Ageism? or what.

Nicole scherzinger is older than any of the babes and carried the PCD's off fantastically.
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as much as I like the new album, they just don't sound like the Sugababes anymore. Their voices, the sound... they've crossed over into "Girls Aloud" territory.
    :(
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    I think that is harsh your using her age as a way of not being in the group. Ageism? or what.

Nicole scherzinger is older than any of the babes and carried the PCD's off fantastically.

The OP is perfectly entitled to their opinion, just because you don't like is does not make it invalid. The OP isn't the only one who has said this previously. Heidi looks so out of place in this group, just watch the WMK video...sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't even know if i could waste the time with this album...the singles have been dire. :confused:
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    caren197 wrote: »
    The OP is perfectly entitled to their opinion, just because you don't like is does not make it invalid. The OP isn't the only one who has said this previously. Heidi looks so out of place in this group, just watch the WMK video...sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't even know if i could waste the time with this album...the singles have been dire. :confused:

Uh excuse me i never said that person's opinion was invalid. I was clearly giving my opinion

And why r u butting into a conversation between me and that person?

I bet if i was to say "Adam lambert never deserved to be on american idol, because he is gay". You would all be up in my face about it, wouldn't you. Ageism and Homophobic are under the same thing. Being harsh about someone about who they are.

No that i would ever say that because i have respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Heard it this morning, it's a decent album - it's the only album of theirs I've bothered listening to fully so I can't compare...but Jade is horrible on Wait For You, which is my fav song on the album, she tries to hard! But overall it's alright!

The songs are far to simple for Jade and her vocal range, but I love what she does on Thank You For the Heartbreak on the 3rd verse!

:cool:
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it's more than descent but less than fantastic-if that makes sence.

The songs are much better and it has a boost that was needed. Also, there's a nice mix of slower and faster songs. So really there's a song for all.

7/10 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait For You is one of the best songs on the album, should definately be a single.
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Uh excuse me i never said that person's opinion was invalid. I was clearly giving my opinion

And why r u butting into a conversation between me and that person?

I bet if i was to say "Adam lambert never deserved to be on american idol, because he is gay". You would all be up in my face about it, wouldn't you. Ageism and Homophobic are under the same thing. Being harsh about someone about who they are.

No that i would ever say that because i have respect.

Butting into you conversation uh....ok!!! :rolleyes: if you wanted a private conversation use private mail.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking foward to this :D:D I'm going to resist the urge to take a listen, but i've had in on preorder from HMV for about 2 weeks :p

People are too quick to write them off. Just because Keisha left doesn't mean they are over. The band have 10 years of hits under their belt and it'll take a while for them to lose their fanbase entirely.

I'm a huge Sugababes fan, best line up for me is 2.0, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna give up on them!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a Mess is amazing - I love Amelles talking bits on it. I like Sweet and Amazing too, its one of the few songs that sounds like classic Sugababes.

But I'm gutted they've used the whole Stargate/Neyo production sound on No More You. I think the acoustic version with Keisha and Heidi was much better. They should have kept it as a traditional, simple ballad - a bit like Stronger. And there should be more of Heidi on it.

Oh and they should re-record a couple of Jade's songs, maybe Punching Out and I Had Him First. Or if its too expensive to re-record them, keep them as Jade's songs and have them as bonus tracks.
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Its a good effort. She's A Mess is great. Love Little Miss Perfect as well.

LOL to see the usual few still spending their days slagging them off and wishing them bad fortune!!!! :D
  • GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of these tracks sound like classic Sugababes. I am surprised to find myself liking it more than I thought I would. Maybe I will buy the whole thing now. So leaking worked in turning my opinion around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone pm me the link to download it please I cant find it :( Oh I dooo miss Mininova :(
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    could I have a link, please. :)
  • ChemistryladChemistrylad Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member

thanks. I'll take a listen :)
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    They really should change their name. The album is a world away from the original and previous Sugababes.
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After my negativity about the future of the Sugababes in the past....I can say that this is their best album.