Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Ah, OK. Great. So - just to clarify:

PA has a reality show showing us his life on TV. He actively invites the public to watch him and show us the minutaie of his existence. This show is part of his career and is reliant on people showing an interest and commenting on his life.

However - if there are aspects of his life that are on the show that he doesn't want people to comment on - aspects of his life that he has actively wanted to show us - then it's nobody's business even though it's on the show.

:confused:

No - that simply doesn't work.

With respect, you obviously didn't read my post properly.

What I was saying is, it is nobody elses business what decisions the family made about where Andrew had his treatment.

And what decisions the family came to regarding another family member is not anyone elses business.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    My 2p worth here, I think Nicola was referring only to Pete's parents above, and the decision the family took re Andrew's treatment. That's their business. Speculation (as per this thread) along the lines of eg. he cruelly removed Andrew from Aus against his parent's wishes just to feature him on the show etc etc - has no basis in fact. Whatever else I might think about PA, I would believe that Andrew receiving treatment here was done for the best reasons, and with the entire family's agreement. Speculation that it was cruel to his elderly parents is frankly subjective nonsense and rather insulting to his parents.

That's exactly what I meant.

Thank you.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean your not? ;) I'm :eek:

Haha :D
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I do not understand scone is the reluctance of radio stations to play his music. Maybe it is 'crap' (this is a reason I have heard) but I have heard a lot of 'crap' on the radio recently. :confused:

He does a lot of interviews on the radio (I assume he has a good relationship with them) yet they never play his music.
    Maybe they consider his music to be the equivalent of The Hoff or Joey Essex releasing music. Peter Andre isn't considered "a musician" or "singer", he's a "reality star" and as such his music is treated as a novelty only, not an entertaining one like Gangnam Style.

If Andre were a credible performer he wouldn't need the crutch of a reality show in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Maybe they consider his music to be the equivalent of The Hoff or Joey Essex releasing music. Peter Andre isn't considered "a musician" or "singer", he's a "reality star" and as such his music is treated as a novelty only, not an entertaining one like Gangnam Style.

If Andre were a credible performer he wouldn't need the crutch of a reality show in the first place.

Didn't the Jonas brothers have a reality show? I thought they were and still are huge.

Maybe he should stick some of his songs in the show, tart it up a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Didn't the Jonas brothers have a reality show? I thought they were and still are huge.

Maybe he should stick some of his songs in the show, tart it up a bit.
    You don't hear them on the radio either, though. They're aimed at the Disney/Nickelodeon tween market.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That is a valid point about being a 'reality star', but I hear other 'reality star' songs on the radio now and then. I never hear his songs, and I listen to a lot of different stations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't hear them on the radio either, though. They're aimed at the Disney/Nickelodeon tween market.

True ;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is a valid point about being a 'reality star', but I hear other 'reality star' songs on the radio now and then. I never hear his songs, and I listen to a lot of different stations.

But are they not much younger reality stars who maybe are coming off things like the X-Factor etc and have fan bases who are targets of those radio stations? I think, as Nota said, it's a combo of PA being a reality star but also being 40 and cheesy and not being very good at singing that's the problem. If he were just a musican and that was his sole focus, then maybe he might get a bit of airplay...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    With respect, you obviously didn't read my post properly.

What I was saying is, it is nobody elses business what decisions the family made about where Andrew had his treatment.

And what decisions the family came to regarding another family member is not anyone elses business.

Sure - I accept that.

But Andrew's treatment per se IS others' business as he was featured on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't mind playing all the dross from Xfactor, year after year, so they can't blame it on having taste.
    Jedward! Miley Cyrus! Each to their own, but it is sooooo pompous of the radio stations to decide that people don't want to listen to Peter Andre's music, since his tours sell well.
    Most of what they are playing is proper bilge.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    But are they not much younger reality stars who maybe are coming off things like the X-Factor etc and have fan bases who are targets of those radio stations? I think, as Nota said, it's a combo of PA being a reality star but also being 40 and cheesy and not being very good at singing that's the problem.

Put together, I can't really argue with these points.:)

Yes, you are right. The other songs I hear are by younger 'reality stars'
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    They don't mind playing all the dross from Xfactor, year after year, so they can't blame it on having taste.
    Jedward! Miley Cyrus! Each to their own, but it is sooooo pompous of the radio stations to decide that people don't want to listen to Peter Andre's music, since his tours sell well.
    Most of what they are playing is proper bilge.

I agree.. Some radio stations claim its not what their listeners want to hear..yet interview him on their shows...well surely if they don't want to hear his music they don't want to hear him talk about his music.... I don't think any station should dictate what it's listeners hear..it should be all music for all listeners..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.. Some radio stations claim its not what their listeners want to hear..yet interview him on their shows...well surely if they don't want to hear his music they don't want to hear him talk about his music.... I don't think any station should dictate what it's listeners hear..it should be all music for all listeners..

Betty, you're right, why are they interviewing him if there's no interest? Plus he has worked with decent people and I think he's changed his style on the last album (less high-pitched, which is a good thing). I've only heard bits of his album, but they sound no worse than most of Robbie Williams' songs to me. Age shouldn't come into it. We don't all need spoonfeeding from Simon Cowell.
    His album got into the top 20, yet they won't play anything, zilch, by him. That's a conscious effort to cut him out.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betty, you're right, why are they interviewing him if there's no interest? Plus he has worked with decent people and I think he's changed his style on the last album (less high-pitched, which is a good thing). I've only heard bits of his album, but they sound no worse than most of Robbie Williams' songs to me. Age shouldn't come into it. We don't all need spoonfeeding from Simon Cowell.
    His album got into the top 20, yet they won't play anything, zilch, by him. That's a conscious effort to cut him out.

Genuine question: I only listen to radio during my 10 min journey to and from work, and that's Radio 2 or a local radio . Is it just Radio 1 who wont play his records or all stations?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Genuine question: I only listen to radio during my 10 min journey to and from work, and that's Radio 2 or a local radio . Is it just Radio 1 who wont play his records or all stations?

I don't know, I'm just going on what was said on here, and an article PA 'radio stations won't play my songs' .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, I'm just going on what was said on here, and an article PA 'radio stations won't play my songs' .

Radio one did the same to Robbie Williams but had to play it cos it got to No1.. Both album and single.. I'm obviously not a fan of Pete but if people want to listen to his music they should play it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio one did the same to Robbie Williams but had to play it cos it got to No1.. Both album and single.. I'm obviously not a fan of Pete but if people want to listen to his music they should play it
    Given that his own fanbase who watch the shows and follow him on twitter won't even buy his music, there's no reason for radio stations to give him airplay. Maybe his fans could organise themselves and constantly request him on radio stations.

At the end of the day, if fans want to hear his music, let them buy it and play it on their own sound systems. That's what I have to do with a couple of acts I love.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But he was being interviewed on a radio station in one of his shows. when he found out about his brother. Didn't they play his music?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that his own fanbase who watch the shows and follow him on twitter won't even buy his music, there's no reason for radio stations to give him airplay. Maybe his fans could organise themselves and constantly request him on radio stations.

At the end of the day, if fans want to hear his music, let them buy it and play it on their own sound systems. That's what I have to do with a couple of acts I love.

If you can get to No 18 in the charts theres obviously a market for your music.
    scone wrote: »
    But he was being interviewed on a radio station in one of his shows. when he found out about his brother. Didn't they play his music?

I didn't see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you too.. I said the other day if all his followers bought his album he would of been No1 Or watched his show.. It would be higher in the ratings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can get to No 18 in the charts theres obviously a market for your music.

I didn't see it.

In all honesty ..you don't have to sell many to get in the top 20 these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many do you have to sell?

How did you work that out? It's all dependent on what everyone else sells.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looking at this article, I see what you mean http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/album-sales-fall-to-new-low-as-rihanna-tops-uk-chart-despite-selling-less-than-10000-copies-of-talk-that-talk-8038553.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »

Thank you for posting this article ... It illustrates my point perfectly :)