Bought items on eBay, part of address was wrong.. Will I recieve the items?

stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello there!

I bought a few of my christmas presents on ebay and I think my internet browser must have autofilled one of the parts of the address without me realising..

The street number, street name, area, town, and postcode are correct but the 'County' part was set to Devon..which is very much not where I live any more.

I'm hoping that because the post code is correct I will still receive them?

That said, however, I've ordered some items from ebay since, with the completely correct address, and have received them already. Could the previous orders, with the wrong county, just take a bit longer to be processed perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

I'm such an idiot for not realising this before I placed the order.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine the postcode would be enough. You just have to wait.
  • hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think you'll have much to worry about. I got a parcel with the wrong post code (I put work PC by mistake) arrive and I also got a letter from the US labelled 'Inverness, Ireland' !
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Royal Mail only look at the county name if the Postcode is missing.
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise, we live in Granada (as in province) in Spain some twit in the ear;y day ssent t to Grenada in the west Indies, still got back to us though, should be ok with the post code
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your replies, folk!

Fingers crossed I should get them through soon, otherwise I don't know what I'll do..
  • Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the postcode is correct you will get your items.

Just turn off auto fill next time, I have on Chrome, it's useful sometimes but a total b&$^ when it goes wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    If there isn't a street in Devon with the same name as yours (or enough house numbers), the chances of arrival will go up even more :)
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Royal Mail haven't used counties in addresses for years, so I wouldn't worry!
    The postcode is what's important :)
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I would imagine the postcode would be enough. You just have to wait.

agree, the post code is vital..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postcode first, everything else is secondary. It won't go to Devon, it will go to the postcode the county signifies. I doubt it will even slow down the speed of it arriving.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Settled my mind a bit... I guess i'll just wait for them to arrive now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Door number and post code is all you need.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I must have been on a right one. Sent a Christmas or Birthday (can't remember which now) card to my grandma. I didn't have her address written down but thought I knew most of it.

I addressed it to

Name
    Street
    Town

which were all right

then put the wrong county and didn't put a postcode down, it got to her.

So I think you will be fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    You can send a letter to just the house name/number and postcode and it can still arrive.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    A few years ago I must have been on a right one. Sent a Christmas or Birthday (can't remember which now) card to my grandma. I didn't have her address written down but thought I knew most of it.

I addressed it to

Name
    Street
    Town

which were all right

then put the wrong county and didn't put a postcode down, it got to her.

So I think you will be fine.

I know people put Royal Mail down but when you hear stories like this you realise what a good job they do :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanndav wrote: »
    I dont think you'll have much to worry about. I got a parcel with the wrong post code (I put work PC by mistake) arrive and I also got a letter from the US labelled 'Inverness, Ireland' !

How?! Was it for you?
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends of ours always get their mail - they live in Blackburn, East Lothian. There's at least two other Blackburns in the UK - West Lothian and Lancashire. There's also a Preston in East Lothian, New York in Tyneside, Houston in Ayrshire, Moscow in Ayrshire - probably many more examples if you can be bothered to search!