Options

There's probably an extremely obvious answer to this...

stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
Forum Member
✭✭✭
....but why didn't the time lords just come through the crack anyway?
Yeah, I understand that they trust the doctor and so him saying his name would confirm it wasn't a trap or whatever, but if they hadnt sent their message across all of time and space in the first place, no other species would have arrived and surely they could have slipped through unnoticed?!

And if they were confident in the knowledge that it was the doctor, so much so that they were willing to send all that regeneration energy through, why didn't they just come through themselves? I though all they needed was confirmation it was him?! Oh, actually, in writing this last bit I think I've just realised.. The time lords coming through would have triggered another war. So that's why they're still waiting, just for the doctor to say the coast is clear. Is that right?

Comments

• Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....but why didn't the time lords just come through the crack anyway?
    Yeah, I understand that they trust the doctor and so him saying his name would confirm it wasn't a trap or whatever, but if they hadnt sent their message across all of time and space in the first place, no other species would have arrived and surely they could have slipped through unnoticed?!

And if they were confident in the knowledge that it was the doctor, so much so that they were willing to send all that regeneration energy through, why didn't they just come through themselves? I though all they needed was confirmation it was him?! Oh, actually, in writing this last bit I think I've just realised.. The time lords coming through would have triggered another war. So that's why they're still waiting, just for the doctor to say the coast is clear. Is that right?

Yes,they are waiting for The Doctor to say things are clear for them to come through,or for The Doctor to find them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    The time lords weren't trying to come through the cracks....in another universe they were calling out all through all of space and time looking for a response to their question to know how to get back, or where to get back. That was the whole thing of the doctor not answering the question. At the end they heard Clara but chose to save the doctor instead of coming through that crack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought...
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    since when did he give a **** about the time lords?? what happened between the classic series and Nu Who for him to care so much about his own people..??
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stoo2907 wrote: »
    At the end they heard Clara but chose to save the doctor instead of coming through that crack.
    They could have come through the crack and defeated the Daleks, getting rid of the Doctor in the process.

But why did they send a message through all of time and space if it was going to mean everyone turning up, not just the Doctor

Is the Doctor actually the Doctor or A.N. Other Timelord with the new regeneration cycle being a red herring to cover the death of the Doctor & his replacement?
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    since when did he give a **** about the time lords?? what happened between the classic series and Nu Who for him to care so much about his own people..??
    Time War
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the idea that they were searching for the right universe? They wanted to get back to their own one and they knew the Doctor was there so it was his say so they were relying upon before they came through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    They could have come through the crack and defeated the Daleks, getting rid of the Doctor in the process.

But why did they send a message through all of time and space if it was going to mean everyone turning up, not just the Doctor

Is the Doctor actually the Doctor or A.N. Other Timelord with the new regeneration cycle being a red herring to cover the death of the Doctor & his replacement?

Them coming through and fighting the Daleks would have led to another time war, hence why the church weren't willing to let him bring them through.

They sent it through all of time and space assumedly because they had no means to target him specifically throughout the universe. If they're searching for the right universe, perhaps they just blasted the message through every universe they could find.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »

Take it you didn't watch the anniversary special, as that whole episode answers exactly your question.