1000S or 1010S Difference

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
Hi

I am after yet more advice,

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 1000S and a 1010S?

Many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    The 1000 is in a black casing and requires an external dongle for wireless connection to your router. The 1010 is in a white casing and comes complete with built in wireless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Thank you
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm

Would have suggested going to the Humax website but seems whoever looks after their site cocked up. Unless I'm seeing things the bulk of the text on the 1010S page is identical to that on the 1000S page (it even says HDR-1000S!). Only the picture at the top of the page is different.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=135
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=369

Somebody tell me I'm not going mad and they really are the same page with different pictures :o:o:D:D
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Hmmmm

Would have suggested going to the Humax website but seems whoever looks after their site cocked up. Unless I'm seeing things the bulk of the text on the 1010S page is identical to that on the 1000S page (it even says HDR-1000S!). Only the picture at the top of the page is different.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=135
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=369

Somebody tell me I'm not going mad and they really are the same page with different pictures :o:o:D:D

Of coarse the pages are pretty much identical as both boxes software & UI are identical.
    The only difference is that the 1010s is white and has WiFi built in. The only thing they have got wrong is not stating the 1010s has WiFi.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Of coarse the pages are pretty much identical as both boxes software & UI are identical.
    The only difference is that the 1010s is white and has WiFi built in. The only thing they have got wrong is not stating the 1010s has WiFi.

100% agree :)

The only other difference is the hard disk size installed. Apart from the above a 1TB box should work exactly the same.

In the end do you want a white box under your TV or in a AV rack, or a black one ?

Do you really need to connect by WiFi ?

Why can't you use a direct wired connection, a Wi-Fi bridge, or simply a pair of homeplug adaptors (these use your mains wiring to make the connection between the box and your router).
  • koogakooga Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I bought a 1010s last Monday, the white box is growing on me, the built in wi fi is handy. so if you can stretch to it go for the 1010s
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've looked at both pages. Apart from the image of the box in the top right and the header line they are identical. every word, every other image is the same.

The HDR-1010 page even copies this bit verbatim from the HDR-1000 page
    Combining freesat HD, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player*, 4oD and Demand5, the Humax HDR-1000S delivers over 190 channels of viewing goodness.
    (My bold)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I thinking of getting the 1010s next week and was hoping someone could tell me whether it has an optical out port to connect to a home speaker system as I currently have with my sky+hd box?
    Forum Member
    I thinking of getting the 1010s next week and was hoping someone could tell me whether it has an optical out port to connect to a home speaker system as I currently have with my sky+hd box?

It does indeed :).
    Forum Member
    Thank you all, I love the idea of the 1010s thought the price is a little more than I'm after
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyns_t wrote: »
    Thank you all, I love the idea of the 1010s thought the price is a little more than I'm after
    Keep watching http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/ProdCat/freesat?ck=factory for great refurbished/rechecked deals (1 year warranty)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    It does indeed :).

Thank you, lastly could someone please tell me if the 1010s comes with a 2 year warranty, I currently have a free trial to Amazon prime and would like to receive the box ASAP, however John Lewis (no store where I live) offer a 2 year warranty. Yet I have read that somewhere that there is a humax 2 year warranty if you sign up 30 days after purchase?

Should I buy from Amazon if the box will s have 2 year warranty or shall I just order from John Lewis?

Thank you in advance
    Forum Member
    Thank you, lastly could someone please tell me if the 1010s comes with a 2 year warranty, I currently have a free trial to Amazon prime and would like to receive the box ASAP, however John Lewis (no store where I live) offer a 2 year warranty. Yet I have read that somewhere that there is a humax 2 year warranty if you sign up 30 days after purchase?

Should I buy from Amazon if the box will s have 2 year warranty or shall I just order from John Lewis?

Thank you in advance

Yes as long as you register with Humax you'll get 2 year warranty, there should be a leaflet in the box.
  • tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Keep watching http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/ProdCat/freesat?ck=factory for great refurbished/rechecked deals (1 year warranty)

Another vote here for keeping an eye on the Humax Direct site as that's where I bought mine from about a month ago.

Nice to see the price has dropped. :o

I paid £139 plus postage but still a bargain compared to full price/
    Forum Member
    Thank you all :)