Options

Madonna is making another flop movie...

Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A couple of years ago, Madonna said she was planning on returning to the directors chair and bringing Rebecca Walker's novel "Adé: A Love Story" to life.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/madonna-to-direct-adaptation-of-beautiful-book-ade-a-love-story-20140326

Today she posted references and quotes to it on her instagram account so It looks like it's actually happening :(
I was hoping she would forget about it but here we are.

Why she is so determinted to crack the film industry when her movies are usually massive flops? "W.E" took forever and a day to make, so this means that there won't be any new music on the horizon for at least 2-3 years. As i'm such a big fan of her music this news hasn't exactly brightened up my day. >:(

Comments

• Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Probably annoys her seeing all these Disney brats and rappers making loads of movies.
  • Options
    rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think she'd give it up as a bad job. She's made more turkeys than Bernard Matthews.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago, Madonna said she was planning on returning to the directors chair and bringing Rebecca Walker's novel "Adé: A Love Story" to life.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/madonna-to-direct-adaptation-of-beautiful-book-ade-a-love-story-20140326

Today she posted references and quotes to it on her instagram account so It looks like it's actually happening :(

Why she is so determinted to crack the film industry when her movies are usually massive flops? "W.E" took forever and a day to make, so this means that there won't be any new music on the horizon for at least 2-3 years. As i'm such a big fan of her music this news hasn't exactly brightened up my day. >:(

That's a relief then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    That's a relief then :D

Maybe Prince should've done the same and spared us from the crap he recorded from the late 90's / 2000's :p
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

If you're such a big fan of hers, why not just go with her flow? If she wants to make a movie about something she's passionate about, surely as a fan you'd appreciate and accept that and wish her well? Or do you think she should take you, as a big fan, into account, and just do what you think she should do?

*moves away slowly*
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Madonna is a very determined person and will do things until she gets a result and not stop until she does.

I like some of her films:

Desperately Seeking Susan
    Who's That Girl?
    Dick Tracy
    In Bed With Madonna
    Evita

But not others:

Shanghai Surprise
    The Next Best Thing

I prefer her music too but it's something she wants to do so even though I'd rather she made more albums I accept her decision to do another film.
  • Options
    Lily LayfieldLily Layfield Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Madonna, her fans always seem so ungrateful. Film making seems to be a hobby for her. Not sure why that makes people so mad, thousands of films 'flop' every year. If anything the term flop is overrated. Given that musically she seems to be an embarrassment thesedays perhaps focusing on a project that seems to be a decent story for a movie is a wise move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Madonna is a very determined person and will do things until she gets a result and not stop until she does.

I like some of her films:

Desperately Seeking Susan
    Who's That Girl?
    Dick Tracy
    In Bed With Madonna
    Evita

But not others:

Shanghai Surprise
    The Next Best Thing

I prefer her music too but it's something she wants to do so even though I'd rather she made more albums I accept her decision to do another film.
    I quite liked Body of Evidence for the smut!! :D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing can be worse then Die another Day?

Acting and theme tune?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing can be worse then Die another Day?

Acting and theme tune?
    Yeah, nearly forgot that she was a Bond girl!!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yeah, nearly forgot that she was a Bond girl!!

Hardly a bond girl. She appeared in like one scene
  • Options
    Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    She keeps herself busy, I'll give her that.

At least no one is going to force me to go to see her new film!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're such a big fan of hers, why not just go with her flow? If she wants to make a movie about something she's passionate about, surely as a fan you'd appreciate and accept that and wish her well? Or do you think she should take you, as a big fan, into account, and just do what you think she should do?

*moves away slowly*

:D

This is the first time I've said something negative about Madonna. Would you rather I went and bought some rose tinted specs and started lying and bleating about how great this is? Being a fan doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to automatically love and adore everything she flings at us.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly a bond girl. She appeared in like one scene

Very very badly

Still, it was a Pierce Brosnan film
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing can be worse then Die another Day??

I take it you haven't watched "Shanghai Surprise". :D

Oops! There I go again saying something negative. Silly me for being a fan and not appreciating EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should bring out another sex book
  • Options
    TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you ever think she lays in bed at night and reflect on her extraordinary life and stratospheric career?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Madonna, her fans always seem so ungrateful. Film making seems to be a hobby for her. Not sure why that makes people so mad, thousands of films 'flop' every year. If anything the term flop is overrated. Given that musically she seems to be an embarrassment thesedays perhaps focusing on a project that seems to be a decent story for a movie is a wise move.

Embarrassment according to who...and why?

I take it you're referring to her age?

I love how people get annoyed at the fact that she doesn't conform to societies narrow minded views on how a women should behave once they reach 50+. :D
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be correct, the book that she quotes on her instagram is another book called the Impossible Lives of Greta Wells. not Ade: A Love Story. She at one time said she wanted to make Impossible Lives into a movie, but it hasn't been confirmed that she is actually directing that one.

The Rolling Stone article links to a Deadline article from 2014 which claims she is directing Ade. Maybe things have changed since then? Who knows?

So this really isn't confirmation of anything. So fans who don't want her to direct another movie should chill out.

I don't mean to be rude, but it annoys me when people post incorrect or outdated information!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And just because she puts a quote from a book on her instagram doesn't mean she's directing a movie from the book!

Maybe she just likes the quote!
  • Options
    waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassment according to who...and why?

I take it you're referring to her age?

I love how people get annoyed at the fact that she doesn't conform to societies narrow minded views on how a women should behave once they reach 50+. :D

She's much nearer to 60 than 50, She's 58 next month ( born August 16, 1958) so more of a -60 than 50+
  • Options
    Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on her I'd say.
    She can do what she wants, maybe people forget that everything she has done the last 15 years or so has not been necessary to move from Lidl to Waitrose weekend shopping.;-)
    She could have stopped after Ray of light and then people would have complained that her output phased out early days. Be pleased with the legacy she already has offered whether it flops or is a success
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »
    She's much nearer to 60 than 50, She's 58 next month ( born August 16, 1958) so more of a -60 than 50+

Erm, I'm well aware of how old she is...you're not telling me anything I don't already know. People have been attacking Madonna since 92. Watch this interview with Jonathon Ross.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNqjZ9C2ZVQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe the people in here. I'm a fan who has loved and adored her for over 30 years. This is the first time I have said anything negative about her and fans are jumping on me left, right and center for saying I don't want her to make a movie?

Where were you all a few months ago when she was getting ripped apart and I was the only one defending her against the hoardes of detractors?

Some "fans" make me SICK!
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member

I wouldn't say I'm ungrateful, i would prefer it if she just made music rather than films because on the whole her film career hasn't been box office gold but I understand that it's her choice what she does!
This discussion has been closed.