Options

The Big Bang Theory S09 (UK Pace, E4)

Comments

• Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice tonight's E4 episode, they've dropped the 'Sweeting' from Kaley Cuoco in the credits.

Did they drop it immediately in the US, or maybe a couple of weeks after?
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Well these are the US episodes (we don't get different credits), so they dropped it after the same number of eps in the US. This ep was shown on Oct 12.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned tonight's episode off just after Sheldon had finished interviewing potential room-mates - it was pretty terrible. I've actually seen next week's as well and it's worse ..
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned tonight's episode off just after Sheldon had finished interviewing potential room-mates - it was pretty terrible. I've actually seen next week's as well and it's worse ..

I couldn't actually remember whether or not I saw last night's episode, but your comment reminded me that I did. I then promptly forgot all about it.

Reading the summaries of the repeats on E4, I can't help remembering how much better the series 4 episodes they're currently showing were than this and the previous series'.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Sky+ is stressing me out. I watched last nights recording and it showed the Mexico episode. Do E4 play last weeks new one before the actual new one and my box is recording the wrong episode?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I couldn't actually remember whether or not I saw last night's episode, but your comment reminded me that I did. I then promptly forgot all about it.

Reading the summaries of the repeats on E4, I can't help remembering how much better the series 4 episodes they're currently showing were than this and the previous series'.

I agree, the early days of this were so much funnier. I can appreciate it's difficult to keep a sitcom fresh after so long, but the quality of this, for me at least, has almost fallen off the edge of a cliff it's gone downhill that quickly.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    My Sky+ is stressing me out. I watched last nights recording and it showed the Mexico episode. Do E4 play last weeks new one before the actual new one and my box is recording the wrong episode?
    Yes, they show last week's at 8 pm and the new one at 8.30 pm on Thursdays.

The new one is repeated on E4 Sunday 9 pm and Tuesday 8.30 pm each week - and, of course, at 8pm on Thursday just before the new one. So you get four chances to watch it.

I'm still loving it, especially the way Penny understands Sheldon. I did think Raj and Howard were a bit daft.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last week's was shown before the actual new one. Not sure what your box is doing!

It's not as good as it was but I'm still getting enough out of it.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    ................I'm still loving it, especially the way Penny understands Sheldon. I did think Raj and Howard were a bit daft.

Sometimes Raj and Howard's relationship is the funniest part of the show. And I always felt that Penny had far more chemistry with Sheldon than she ever did with Leonard.

Which is a bit strange really, since I think I've read that the actors playing Penny and Leonard were going out together (a euphemism, I take it) for about 4 years).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, Jim Parsons is gay and has a partner, so Kaley Cuoco wouldn't be with him.

Johnny Galeki ad Kaley were an item for a couple of years. but parted good friends and remain so.

In the show, so far Sheldon has been totally asexual, even with Amy. Leonard fancied Penny from the first time he saw her. Sheldon just regarded her as another human organism and a dumb one at that.

Penny has more experience of normal life than any of them so understands them all better than they understand each other - even that Howard was an oversexed disgusting person, although they've toned him down now. All of them are disfunctional apart from Penny.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Well, Jim Parsons is gay and has a partner, so Kaley Cuoco wouldn't be with him.

Johnny Galeki ad Kaley were an item for a couple of years. but parted good friends and remain so.

In the show, so far Sheldon has been totally asexual, even with Amy. Leonard fancied Penny from the first time he saw her. Sheldon just regarded her as another human organism and a dumb one at that.

Penny has more experience of normal life than any of them so understands them all better than they understand each other - even that Howard was an oversexed disgusting person, although they've toned him down now. All of them are disfunctional apart from Penny.

Penny is just as dysfunctional as the other characters, just in a different way.

If she hadn't met Sheldon and Co she'd probably be a single mother or on drugs by now. She'd certainly be in debt and would have probably given up on acting.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed Episode 3 last week (and probably plenty of subsequent repeats!). Any idea why it doesn't appear to be available on All4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Penny is just as dysfunctional as the other characters, just in a different way.

If she hadn't met Sheldon and Co she'd probably be a single mother or on drugs by now. She'd certainly be in debt and would have probably given up on acting.
    That wouldn't be dysfunctional where she comes from - that would be normal. More likely to be drinking than on drugs though and living in a trailer park.

Apart from Bernadette and Emily, none of the others would be considered normal ANYWHERE.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Raj had any involvement with the "A-Story" in any of the four episodes so far?

The Howard/Raj song sub-plot this week was pure cringe, and probably not in the way the writers intended.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I missed Episode 3 last week (and probably plenty of subsequent repeats!). Any idea why it doesn't appear to be available on All4?

It's available on the website
  • Options
    pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a link to Ep3 please? It does not show up on All4 for me this morning.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again no real point in Bernadette
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Worse :o I don't see how that is possible....
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I wish they'd kill her off! She's just a high-pitched squeaky voice (which gets higher every series) and a pair of boobs trying to escape a cardigan. I can't remember the last time she had a line that made me laugh (although the studio audience seem to think almost every line she says is hysterical :confused: Perhaps her voice is less irritating in the studio).
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »

They need to either make her more relevant or make her a total background character who is talked about but not seen, Similar to Howards mother....However they probably can't/won't unless the actress chooses to leave, And why would she do that?

I think they probably now regret putting Howard with someone who appears, She as said has no purpose other than the girly group scenes but even they could do without her. If they had not married Howard off then after the death of his mother they could have had him meet someone off screen and have her just referred too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    I wish they'd kill her off! She's just a high-pitched squeaky voice (which gets higher every series) and a pair of boobs trying to escape a cardigan. I can't remember the last time she had a line that made me laugh (although the studio audience seem to think almost every line she says is hysterical :confused: Perhaps her voice is less irritating in the studio).

Isn't there something to do with the conversion from US to UK that means we get a slightly sped up version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    They need to either make her more relevant or make her a total background character who is talked about but not seen, Similar to Howards mother....However they probably can't/won't unless the actress chooses to leave, And why would she do that?

I think they probably now regret putting Howard with someone who appears, She as said has no purpose other than the girly group scenes but even they could do without her. If they had not married Howard off then after the death of his mother they could have had him meet someone off screen and have her just referred too

I agree. I know people will argue that the series had to develop but now it has doubled the cast and is now stale (in many peoples' opinions).
    Saying that, I would welcome Emily as a regular as I think she is the most interesting of the females.
    Raj doesn't get much air time these days though so it's a possibility that they could get together and move away. But again, why would the actor leave?

My master plan would be for Wil Wheaton to be fleeced by his accountant and be made bankrupt and he moves in with Sheldon :D
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Isn't there something to do with the conversion from US to UK that means we get a slightly sped up version?

Doesnt she speak differently 'off screen'?

Sure that behind the scenes doc had her speaking 'normally'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she exaggerates the voice but that conversion would make it even higher pitched for UK viewers than US.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She certainly puts on her high-pitched voice for the show. Here she is speaking normally.