Options

Mom. Did it end on ITV2?

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,594
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was watching series 3 of Mom on ITV 2 earleir in the year and it seemed to end mid series. Did ITV 2 stop showing it, or did i miss the second half of the series?

Comments

• Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Geektown says it might be showing the second half of the season in the autumn.
    http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/ I was hoping it would be back soon because I think the last episode aired in February.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks, didnt know that site existed :)
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV2's had a bit of a rum time since it tried to push into the traditionally E4 territory of US comedy. A lot of the shows they picked up - Dads, Animal Practice, Up All Night, Ben & Kate - only ran for a single season: when they finally got hold of one which was a hit (Mom) they treated it pretty shabbily, shunting it around the schedule (I had to give up when it shunted from the sensible 9pm slot to the arse-end of 11pm behind movies) and then they dropped it like a hot turd as soon as the rights to Family Guy came through. I kind of understand the motives given ITV2 is a commercial channel and FG has an identifiable audience, but it does spit in the face a bit of those viewers who came to the channel in the first place because of Mom...
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV2's had a bit of a rum time since it tried to push into the traditionally E4 territory of US comedy. A lot of the shows they picked up - Dads, Animal Practice, Up All Night, Ben & Kate - only ran for a single season: when they finally got hold of one which was a hit (Mom) they treated it pretty shabbily, shunting it around the schedule (I had to give up when it shunted from the sensible 9pm slot to the arse-end of 11pm behind movies) and then they dropped it like a hot turd as soon as the rights to Family Guy came through. I kind of understand the motives given ITV2 is a commercial channel and FG has an identifiable audience, but it does spit in the face a bit of those viewers who came to the channel in the first place because of Mom...

Unfortunately, despite being a hit in the US, Mom didn't perform well in a prime time slot on ITV2. I suppose ITV2 isn't a place viewers traditionally turn to for US sitcoms (although repeats of Two and a Half Men appear to do quite well). You can't really blame them for moving it if it was under performing.
  • Options
    SlugerSluger Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught a re run the other night (2am) which I hope means we get to see some new episodes soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22 June ITV2 1.40am that the time slot its running in, 2 back to back, but repeats so far.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    thanks, didnt know that site existed :)

No problem. I only discovered it a few months ago.
    I wonder if Mom would have done better on E4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12th July 9pm ITV2 New episodes.
  • Options
    startidestartide Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    The second part of S4 starts this Thursday, 9pm, ITV2
  • Options
    Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why show the first half of season 4 at midnight and then screen the second half at 9 pm, that makes no sense