Could extreme Brexit ideology ruin Britain?

2»

Comments

• LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    "pensioner" - tick
    "poundshop" - tick
    "angry white man" - tick

Bingo!!!

You don't understand.
    Stereotypes can evolve!

If young Polish women start following angry mature men around Supermarkets......muttering abuse at them.....and then start getting even more angry when the Police arrive.....and then start flailing their arms around as they are arrested.....and then start shouting "Let go of me. >:( What have I done"........that will be a new Stereotype which will be of huge interest to Sociologists. :)
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    It's some imaginary Hard Remainer concoction where, following a decision of the population to smash everything in their lives to smithereens, a psychotic government which agrees with this starts turning everything into wastelands and bizarrely keeps getting re-elected with bigger and bigger majorities.
    Unlikely allies London and Scotland fight back in some kind of Cockney Braveheart heroic last stand, but alas "the UK is killed" by the evil Hard Brexiteers.
    Fantasy, and fortunately there is only a small niche market for this genre.

Only if you consider half the electorate to be a "small niche".
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »

No but those who are still opposing the vote result and spreading doom and gloom with cheer and talking down the economy are doing just as much damage to the economy as the media and the market players.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    You don't understand.
    Stereotypes can evolve!

If young Polish women start following angry mature men around Supermarkets......muttering abuse at them.....and then start getting even more angry when the Police arrive.....and then start flailing their arms around as they are arrested.....and then start shouting "Let go of me. >:( What have I done"........that will be a new Stereotype which will be of huge interest to Sociologists. :)

Not before hordes of severly traumatised teenagers/twenty somethings start hunting down and abusing pensioners and hurling "you ruined my life, die die die" etc. at them
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's based on handful of dreams.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    No but those who are still opposing the vote result and spreading doom and gloom with cheer and talking down the economy are doing just as much damage to the economy as the media and the market players.

What do you mean? Reporting on news that the economy is in bad shape is talking it down is it? You are going to be angry at a lot of journalists in a few month time then.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member

Extreme anything could ruin any country.

AFAIK, there are no extreme Brexiters, just people passionate about their anti-EU view. Almost everyone I know voted Leave, but none of them are what I;d call extremists, nor are they racist or stupid.

Brexit, handled right, could be the best thing to happen to the UK for 40+ years.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    It's some imaginary Hard Remainer concoction where, following a decision of the population to smash everything in their lives to smithereens, a psychotic government which agrees with this starts turning everything into wastelands and bizarrely keeps getting re-elected with bigger and bigger majorities.
    Unlikely allies London and Scotland fight back in some kind of Cockney Braveheart heroic last stand, but alas "the UK is killed" by the evil Hard Brexiteers.
    Fantasy, and fortunately there is only a small niche market for this genre.

Oh, I don't know...turn this into a video game and I'm sure there are a few on here who would rush to buy it.
    Hard Remainers would have to send in their elite troops the Snowflake Corps(if they can draw themselves away from their twitter/facebook accounts)

The Snowflake corps would be easily dealt with by the Brexiters' Rabid Pensioner Elite Corps.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not before hordes of severly traumatised teenagers/twenty somethings start hunting down and abusing pensioners and hurling "you ruined my life, die die die" etc. at them

I seem to have missed the Police Reports about this. Maybe you are confusing real life with Light Moderation Twitter.
  • GlastonGlaston Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

But half the electorate arent still stamping their feet and whinging about the vote.

Most sensible remainers are getting on with their lives .
  • GlastonGlaston Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard Remainers would have to send in their elite troops the Snowflake Corps(if they can draw themselves away from their twitter/facebook accounts)

Snowflake corp is on Pokemon manoeuvres, it may take some time.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

Half the electorate? :D
    You think half of voters in this country share your "End of the World" doom scenario? No they don't, Remain or Leave a month ago.
  • Irritable OwlIrritable Owl Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    WTF is "Hard Brexit" ??

Hard Brexit in the eyes of remainers, is anything other than staying in the EU.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Landis wrote: »
    A Race Card is what you attach to a pensioner shouting abuse at a young Polish woman in a Supermarket Checkout Queue (while you are waiting for Security).

I have a couple in my pocket right now. Only because it is more practical than attaching a Heart Shaped Helium Filled Balloon displaying the words "Poundshop Racist" to the collar of the angry white man. :)

I had no idea that Poles were a race apart. I do love it here. You learn something new every day.

BTW Poles* are welcome as far as I'm concerned. They have always been a friend to the English and there have always been Polish clubs around the UK. Their fathers flew Spitfires for us FFS!

*And other Eastern Europeans for that matter.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member

The negative resistance to it, is what will ruin us, if we are not careful. It seems all remainers are determined to be proved "right".

For pity's sake, snap out of this cloud of negativity and seize this fantastic opportunity!