I didn't pass my driving test :(

Comments

• Kiwi oneKiwi one Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't give up you will get there. (((hugs))).:)
  • The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry to hear you didn't pass Mr. N. You clearly have the skills necessary. It's sad the examiner failed you for such minor things. Good luck for your next test, and let us know how you get on.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    They fail you on the most innocuous of things. Really annoys me it does. I know they are only doing their job, but some of them seem to take some pleasure in failing you. My first examiner was the most surly ****er I have ever come across. And he was smirking as he was telling me I had failed. Took all my willpower not to smack him in the mouth. My second examiner, on the other hand, engaged me in chit chat, was very helpful and supportive and passed me. Luck of the draw, I suppose.
  • Mr NMr N Posts: 2,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They fail you on the most innocuous of things. Really annoys me it does. I know they are only doing their job, but some of them seem to take some pleasure in failing you. My first examiner was the most surly ****er I have ever come across. And he was smirking as he was telling me I had failed. Took all my willpower not to smack him in the mouth. My second examiner, on the other hand, engaged me in chit chat, was very helpful and supportive and passed me. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Well, you were lucky with the second examiner (not that you weren't prepared of course) unfortunately having had the same examiner twice I didn't have a lot of hope from the start. My examiner wasn't a present guy, I mean he had his sun glasses on the whole time and made no conversation other then telling me what to do. If I have him next time I will make an official complaint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry to hear you didn't pass Mr. N. You clearly have the skills necessary. It's sad the examiner failed you for such minor things. Good luck for your next test, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, I will be having my next test very soon as my instructor is moving from BSM to the AA and will have a new car so I need to do a test soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss1977 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you did not pass.

(((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))) Hug for ya!

Thanks
    kie-kie wrote: »
    Don't give up you will get there. (((hugs))).:)

I hope so but this time I thought I was there.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad :(

It was third time lucky for me recently and you know what, hard as it is to see now, it really does make you a better safer more confident driver.
    Sure it will be 3rd time lucky for you too- don't get down and book your next test straight away!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,098
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass :( It'll only be a greater feeling when you DO pass, after failing a couple of times beforehand!

As I said in the other thread, you should definitely try to get a cancellation for a retest as soon as possible. You don't have as much time to worry over it then.

Did you tell many people you had your test? I found that telling people only made it worse because I just kept thinking about having to tell people if I fail. On my third test, which I passed, I literally only told my mum. I was much less nervous about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr N wrote: »
    My examiner wasn't a present guy, I mean he had his sun glasses on the whole time and made no conversation other then telling me what to do. If I have him next time I will make an official complaint.

But complaint about what? Many examiners often wear sunglasses- maybe so they don’t make sudden movement to put you off if they have to bring the visor down.

Tough as it is it doesn't sound like there is much to actually complain about here unless there are other things? Some are more lenient than others but that’s human nature, lets just hope you get someone more friendly next time. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Mr N, good luck for next time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass :( It'll only be a greater feeling when you DO pass, after failing a couple of times beforehand!

As I said in the other thread, you should definitely try to get a cancellation for a retest as soon as possible. You don't have as much time to worry over it then.

Did you tell many people you had your test? I found that telling people only made it worse because I just kept thinking about having to tell people if I fail. On my third test, which I passed, I literally only told my mum. I was much less nervous about it.

Exactly the same for me too! On my 3rd I told no one and felt far less pressure. When I passed I then rang my mum from the car and she screamed down the phone for ages as she had no idea
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beccyl wrote: »
    But complaint about what? Many examiners often wear sunglasses- maybe so they don’t make sudden movement to put you off if they have to bring the visor down.

Tough as it is it doesn't sound like there is much to actually complain about here unless there are other things? Some are more lenient than others but that’s human nature, lets just hope you get someone more friendly next time. :)

not about the glasses, about the fact that I would have had the same examiner 3 times (if I have him next time)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not about the glasses, about the fact that I would have had the same examiner 3 times (if I have him next time)

I'm not sure they would do anything or care, but yes I agree, that would be harsh. If I had my first cow all 3 times I'd still be a non driver as she would never have passed me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Mr N, good luck for next time.

thanks, third time should be a lot better, my second test can’t possibly be compared to my first as they were very different. The first one was a complete nightmare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beccyl wrote: »
    I'm not sure they would do anything or care, but yes I agree, that would be harsh. If I had my first cow all 3 times I'd still be a non driver as she would never have passed me

When I did my bay parking I opened the door just to double check that I had done it and I had but he didn't trust me and he opened his door too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you failed. My driving instructor thinks the current test is rather hit and miss and thinks an assessment would be far better by an experienced instructor.

Good luck for next time :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you failed. My driving instructor thinks the current test is rather hit and miss and thinks an assessment would be far better by an experienced instructor.

Good luck for next time :)

Thanks, I do agree that the test isn't great but sadly I can't blame the test as many people pass the test every week.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,098
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I do agree that the test isn't great but sadly I can't blame the test as many people pass the test every week.:(

Try to get one for early in the morning - there's much less traffic on the road which means there's less chance of getting into an awkward situation. I had my third one at 7.20 and the roads were almost empty!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try to get one for early in the morning - there's much less traffic on the road which means there's less chance of getting into an awkward situation. I had my third one at 7.20 and the roads were almost empty!

I had my first one at 8:30 and I thought that the roads might not be as busy then I realised that was the rush hour. I had the one I just failed at 12:40 but the roads weren't too busy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister took six tries before passing.

Me too :o every time I failed on something different, and my dad and my brother would say to me "you can't possibly fail again...." and that made me more nervous

Am a much better driver than most now though. Even got my advanced driving.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the same examiner first two times also. I think the second time he failed me because I told him he failed me last month :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the same examiner first two times also. I think the second time he failed me because I told him he failed me last month :D
    Why on earth did you tell him that?! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did the same thing, I said "I hope you'll pass me this time you B*****d" LOL not really but I did tell him that he failed me last time.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that you failed again. The only thing I can suggest is to maybe book your next test at a different test centre? Don't worry that you may not be familiar with the roads in an adjoining town - this can actually help you on a test, as you are actually driving to the conditions of the road as they are, and not how you expect them to be.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you didnt pass Mr N. It took me 4 attempts! Being told I've failed 3 times was horrid, I cried every time!! :(