Options

Has Cheryl unfollowed Lily Allen?

Comments

• Options
    BieberIsMyLifeBieberIsMyLife Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is. Nothing Lily wrote was wrong. Its the truth.
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People dont forget that. But I have to laugh at the people on here constantly bringing up the assault charge whilst saying "THEY expect us to forget but I will never forget what she did" as though they're doing a great service to their country or something!! She was a young popstar who got into a fight, wow!! :eek::eek::rolleyes::D

Lest we forget the actions of la Cole against ye olde toilet attendant.

Lol :D

I think sometimes people feel like that ^ because the press have absolutely tried to whitewash the past with Cheryl. Things will change at some point (again) but as the nation's sweetheart, right now, she can do no wrong.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm neutral about Cheryl, but it seems to me that she's learned from her teenage mistake and trancended into a better person. And that's to be applaunded - we must forgive our teenagers who change for the better otherwise they become a expensive social problem for the rest of their lives. I always get the feeling some people would like her to still be a fisty, sweary, fighty gobshite ripping girls to shreds in nightclubs because they feel justified in disliking her.

As for Sarah.....oh dear, I think she's in a worse place than people realise. I suspect I know what's going on here but it would be unfair of me to suggest it on here. Sarah does not yet have a criminal record of course, although on may follow in the near future obviously, but the girl is not in a good or safe place in her life :( I'm concerned for her if it's got to this state whereby the police are now involved (always a sign that things are out of control) and certainly find joking about her unfolding self destruction tasteless. She's not well that girl.

As for Lily, you can pop out a sprog but it doesn't make you a grown up. Cheryl has tried to smooth over things with Lily via Twitter..but of course this does not suit Lily's agenda very well as she likes to mouth off certain people/group..that where her fame comes from these days. She should really get a bit of help for her 'issue' she has with members of GA...amongst other things..

So unfollow on the imternet is like walking away from aggrovation or taunting in real life rather then rising to it. So good for her, really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    There's nothing wrong with what Lily said, she was having a joke. Cheryl said a lot worse about her in the past which was more personal. If someone said that about you, you would 'move past it' but not necessarily be friendly with the person who said it. I doubt Lily cares that Cheryl has unfollowed her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    I don't think Tweedy's changed one bit. This reeks of the old her. "I can't batter lily meself, so I'll get me soldiers shut her up, Soldiers where ya at?" Sarah hasn't had that type of history and she's having a tough time. It's obvious that Sarah troubles are going to be turned into a "Tweedy taking care of sick sarah" story, even though the opposite will happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    At that time though I dont believe Cheryl ever started those fueds, but she always responded. And apparently Cheryl and Lily's fued didnt even start off with Lily saying anything about Cheryl, she apparently called Nicola 'the ugly one' and then Cheryl reacted with her comments because of that.

Edit: Oh wait I just remembered the Charlotte Church one, I believe Cheryl kicked that one off. :p

I maybe mistaken but didn't Cheryl start the lilly fued by saying Lilly was a chick with a d**k?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweedy starts all her fights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    I don't think Tweedy's changed one bit. This reeks of the old her. "I can't batter lily meself, so I'll get me soldiers shut her up, Soldiers where ya at?" Sarah hasn't had that type of history and she's having a tough time. It's obvious that Sarah troubles are going to be turned into a "Tweedy taking care of sick sarah" story, even though the opposite will happen.

That was wrong but I think after Cheryl was complimentary about Lily only to Lily to childishly refuse to take the olive branch but instead drag up Cheryl's teenage mistake just shows what kind of person Lily is. I'd be mad too. So the war starts up again...but that exactly what Lily - Queen of Passive Agressive wanted isn't it? Cheryl was right to unfollow but wrong to mention the soldiers thing, played straight into Lily's hands...silly girl :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But it wasn't much of a dig, her name wasn't mentioned. It wasn't really aggressive, she made a joke. Tweedy's had a lot more thrown at her over the years, she's kept quiet and done the "Cowell stepford wife act" so why is she bothered now. Why is she using her soldiers to teach Lily a lesson. she's really a immature girl.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sexy_kelly wrote: »
    I maybe mistaken but didn't Cheryl start the lilly fued by saying Lilly was a chick with a d**k?

Cheryl was referenced in Lily Allen's "Cheryl Tweedy", a b-side to her 2006 debut single "Smile". Cole took the song as a compliment to her, although Allen later pointed out that it had been tongue-in-cheek. Saying, "Nobody wants to look like Cheryl, they just think they do". She apparantly said some stuff about Nicola and Ashley in the past, not sure if that's true though.
    After the chick with the dick fiasco (she only repeated what Gordo said) Lily posted this blog.

"I think I was just having a hard time last week . After reading cheryl tweedys comments branding me a "chick with a dick"...Cheryl if you're reading this , I may not be as pretty as you but at least I write and SING my own songs without the aid of autotune . I must say taking your clothes off , doing sexy dancing and marrying a rich footballer must be very gratifying , your mother must be so proud , stupid bitch"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I am not surprised she has unfollowed her, but I did find Lily's tweet quite funny. Here is what she said,

Although it was funny I dont think she should have said it, as it appeared they had ended their spat. Cheryl even tweeted Lily a couple of months ago after she put up a pic showing off her bump,
    Its Cheryl thats taken the hump, she doesn't like to be reminded of her past indescretions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sexy_kelly wrote: »

Cheryl called Lily that in response to Lily calling Nicola Roberts "the Ugly One".
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl called Lily that in response to Lily calling Nicola Roberts "the Ugly One".

If that's true it's quite hypocritical of Lily. She's not exactly stunning herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweedy was looking for that fight. NIcola can fight her own battles and the fact that she didn't say anything back says alot about Nicola. There was no need for the ex wag to get involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweedy was looking for that fight. NIcola can fight her own battles and the fact that she didn't say anything back says alot about Nicola. There was no need for the ex wag to get involved.

Ofcourse there was, it got her in the magazine. Cheryl has always been the outspoken one from GA, and the one who has wanted more fame than the rest of them. She has got it over the year, from mouthing off, making an arse of herself declaring she would never forgive a cheater, then forgiving him TWICE! Cheryl is just a fame seeker, who has done what ever it took to stay in the public eye.

Lily is the same, but she actually is talented and does write and perform her own songs, however she is gobby cow sometimes. Hopefully motherhood will mellow her out a bit and she will learn to realise whats important and whats not.

If Cheryl is sensitive about her past indescretions then twitter is not the place for her, people talk about what ever they want on there with very little consequence. (just look at the whole imogen Thomas and 'footballer' scandal!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweedy wants to pick and choose. She can't gossip to the press on her own terms and then turn away from trash mags when it's not in her favour. Lily made a joke Tweedy thinks she's so important that fans have to do her dirty work. She'll take fame anyway she can get it. But using her fans is really self absorbed and it's strange they can't see they're being used. Lily doesn't do that with hers.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you say that, but what if one of your best friends was bring made fun of in public for how they looked? Given how quick you've been to come on here and defend Lily (someone you dont even know) over her comments, I'm gonna take a stab and say you'd do the same as Cheryl and stick up for you mate.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is. Nothing Lily wrote was wrong. Its the truth.
    What did Lily say?
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Lily say?

It's on the 1st page.

MrsLRCooperlilyrosecooper
    @fieldproducer @nmemagazine wow 40% of Girls Aloud will have been charged with assault.
  • Options
    SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems the repugnant slimeball that is Dan Wootton got involved. God I ****ing hate that pig.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cheryl didn't call her it at all and it's on film for anyone to see. It was said during a taping of one of Gordon Ramsay''s shows and it was Gordon Ramsay that called her a chick with a dick. That's been changed over the years by various media outlets and people to Cheryl calling her it.
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I think you all forget that Cheryl Cole was the first one to go public, on the tv show the F show, and call Lily 'a chick with a dick'.
    All after Lily had written a song in praise of Cheryl :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on the 1st page.

MrsLRCooperlilyrosecooper
    @fieldproducer @nmemagazine wow 40% of Girls Aloud will have been charged with assault.
    Thanks. Don't know how I missed that lol :o

Low blow from Lily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buster65 wrote: »
    Cheryl didn't call her it at all and it's on film for anyone to see. It was said during a taping of one of Gordon Ramsay''s shows and it was Gordon Ramsay that called her a chick with a dick. That's been changed over the years by various media outlets and people to Cheryl calling her it.
    Gordan called Lily a chick with a dick and then asked Cheryl what she thought of Lily. Cheryl said chick with a dick. Just before that, she called Charlotte Church an arsehole and that was without any prompting from Gordon so it's not like she is an innocent angel being blindly lead astray by Gordon :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who started it, both were able to dish it out back in the day. Lily's comment was unnecessary but if Cheryl really did send her soliders to fight her cause then it just goes to show that neither of them have really grown up.

Maybe they'll be like Peggy and Pat - at each other's throats one minute and calling a truce the next :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    pobop wrote: »
    I think you all forget that Cheryl Cole was the first one to go public, on the tv show the F show, and call Lily 'a chick with a dick'.
    All after Lily had written a song in praise of Cheryl :rolleyes:

Can you not read? :rolleyes: A couple of posts above you it says Lily HADN'T written the song as complementary, it was written as 'tounge-in-cheek' "Nobody wants to look like Cheryl, they just think they do". And, As pointed out, It was Gordon Ramsey who called her a chick with a dick, not Cheryl.

As for the Twitter row, It's not really something massively offensive but it's in poor taste when the person you are slagging off is following you. I don't really think domestic abuse should really be taken the p*ss of either. I feel quite sorry for Sarah, and if that were my friend someone was being rude about, I would probably have done more than unfollow.