Justin Lee Collins

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd hoped we'd heard the last of him. Bad move Helen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/justin-lee-collins-return-stage-2669985

Comments

• SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    awww I love JLC,think hes hilarious.He was great on the games with Big Daddy Bunce.Top bloke
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he needs a haircut :)
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is off thread but I cant believe one of the mirrors headlines :D:D:D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/german-mechanic-found-sleeping-top-2671436
    Forum Member
    He does need a haircut and he looks so gaunt,but welcome back JLC,you have been missed
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've never found him entertaining and he may be an arse but he's still entitled to earn a crust.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I've never found him entertaining and he may be an arse but he's still entitled to earn a crust.

True. He's served his punishment and deserves a chance to rehabilitate himself. If he's still a dick then it won't be kept quiet for long.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon O wrote: »
    this is off thread but I cant believe one of the mirrors headlines :D:D:D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/german-mechanic-found-sleeping-top-2671436

Hahahaha there's even a picture :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does need a haircut and he looks so gaunt,but welcome back JLC,you have been missed

That photo was from the time of his trial, so he may be looking a bit healthier now.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awww I love JLC,think hes hilarious.He was great on the games with Big Daddy Bunce.Top bloke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9jsZ2dtow

Yeah. Top bloke.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    I think a complete makeover would be in order for JLC. Starting with the hair. It would be a symbolic break with the past,as well as making him look less like a tw*t.
  • Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    There was only one side of the story printed and believed, people are so gullible. She only hit the record button in the middle of a row for her own gain, God help us if there was a jury consisting of people believing one sided events, where the woman doesn't even have any bruises, oh what am I saying? There was a jury just like that, if there was a jury at all, if not the judge is a moron :rolleyes:

Some of us believe the man isn't as guilty as he seems, she was a druggie from what I have heard and flew into rages, she isn't totally innocent and for me to believe her story I would like to see photos of her bruises at the hands of JLC and the full recording where she had wound him up to that level. After all the woman can record him but then we are supposed to believe that she can't take pictures of bruising??? Sorry I am not gullible :rolleyes:

Good luck to him, it's not a bad move for Helen Lederer
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rehabilitation and white washing of a convicted abuser. What a joke.
    Forum Member
    "Abuser" just sounds like a normal row to me,she was a raging piss head I bet she gave as good as she got,i don't believe he was guilty at all
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Abuser" just sounds like a normal row to me

If that's a normal row then you've dated some really nice guys.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    The rehabilitation and white washing of a convicted abuser. What a joke.

The rehabilitation of Chris Brown seems to have been successful & he was found guilty of abuse,photos 'n all!!
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    The rehabilitation of Chris Brown seems to have been successful & he was found guilty of abuse,photos 'n all!!

I posted this in a previous thread.

Chris Brown for many years had cultivated an image of a 'bad boy' in a scene that loves these sorts of characters.

JLC's whole career was based on his cheeky chappie persona, a regular nice, funny guy who we'd all like to share a pint with. When this was exposed as being very far from the true nature of the man, it made it incredibly unlikely that he will ever get anywhere near the level of success he had before he was exposed as a nasty piece of work.

Chris Brown, though undoubtably a prize tool, was soon embraced back into his scene, where the persona of the bad boy is celebrated.
  • Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    I posted this in a previous thread.

Chris Brown for many years had cultivated an image of a 'bad boy' in a scene that loves these sorts of characters.

JLC's whole career was based on his cheeky chappie persona, a regular nice, funny guy who we'd all like to share a pint with. When this was exposed as being very far from the true nature of the man, it made it incredibly unlikely that he will ever get anywhere near the level of success he had before he was exposed as a nasty piece of work..

His ex wife never saw this side of him
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

Which just proves that there are a lot of people including on here who don't think abuse is much of a problem really. Disgusting.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never condone abuse in a relationship, whoever the perpetrator is, and JLC behaved appallingly in the one that landed him in court. All the same, I don't think his partner behaved well, either and was selective in what she chose to present to the court. If there is no evidence of him behaving like this in previous relationships, it would suggest that this was a particularly toxic one that got out of control. I would imagine that there was a lot of guilt and anger mixed in due to the fact that he had left his wife and kids and gotten into something whereby the grass wasn't greener and he was realizing what he had so stupidly thrown away. His new partner is troublesome and not what he expected so he takes his aggression out on her. Definitely not right or acceptable but I can see how it happened. I hope he stays well clear of relationships with women until he has straightened himself out but, yes, he does deserve to earn a living because if he cannot work or do anything constructive he's going to get even more messed up. I would imagine it's not going to be easy because there are those who will show up to antagonize him if and when he goes into public (T.V., music, media) work again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    She only hit the record button in the middle of a row for her own gain, God help us if there was a jury consisting of people believing one sided events, where the woman doesn't even have any bruises, oh what am I saying? There was a jury just like that, if there was a jury at all, if not the judge is a moron :rolleyes:

Ugh. That's the kind of victim-blaming ugliness being thrown around by a few people at the time. I forgot how horrible it is. I don't know how anyone can look at the details of this case; the things he used to demand of her, and conclude that there was a different "side" to it.

I think he got off extremely lightly and should have had the book thrown at him. The notion that there needs to be physical bruises to demonstrate harm is a very ignorant and sad point of view. I'm not sure how any grown adult can believe that harm can only be manifested physically. The mind boggles.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed by this. Fair enough he needs to earn a living like anybody, but who wants to watch him now? He should try getting a job behind the camera.

Always found him very creepy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. That's the kind of victim-blaming ugliness being thrown around by a few people at the time. I forgot how horrible it is. I don't know how anyone can look at the details of this case; the things he used to demand of her, and conclude that there was a different "side" to it.

I think he got off extremely lightly and should have had the book thrown at him. The notion that there needs to be physical bruises to demonstrate harm is a very ignorant and sad point of view. I'm not sure how any grown adult can believe that harm can only be manifested physically. The mind boggles.

Yep, there are some very sinister non-physical ways to hurt a person, to wear them down, to humiliate them. Many people who've been abused in this way say it's worse than any physical abuse they may have undergone, don't they? JC certainly was guilty of psychological abuse; the evidence was there on the tapes. Even if his partner did give him a hard time (which I believe she did) it doesn't make it right or acceptable. Such a thing as walking away. Better than turning into a monster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed by this. Fair enough he needs to earn a living like anybody, but who wants to watch him now? He should try getting a job behind the camera.

Always found him very creepy.

I don't think he'll ever really be successful in the public eye again but unless he retrains for a new career (which he could), I think your suggestion is the more sensible because broadcasting is what he knows. I could never see him in the same light as I did.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    His ex wife never saw this side of him

You mean the ex-wife who's level of financial support from him depends on his ability to earn a living?!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They obviously brought out the very worst in each other. Just because he is well-known and viewers felt they had got to 'know him' doesn't mean he isn't capable of nasty behaviour and that it was all his ex 'goading' him into it. He clearly has some issues of his own to address.

Some very weird details came out about the kind of 'relationship' they were leading. For that reason I cannot see him returning to mainstream TV anytime soon. Who would want him as the 'face' of their show?