why do people call cheryl cole biffa

Comments

• guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    So what if the woman was much bigger, Tweedy committed a horrific assault on her. That beast should have been locked up for that.

horrific ???? it was a black eye
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    We do know which one was legally convicted though

as have many before and after her who were later found innocent

the legal system is not infallible
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

Well she's had many years to try and appeal the conviction, but hasn't.

I think I'll happily take the court's decision on this one. They were party to the actual evidence after all. Why would you question the conviction without sight of the full case?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I don't believe Sophie assaulted or verbally provoked Cheryl - and at any event there's no proof of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

Justice for wor chezza!! I assume you'll be lobbying the European Court about getting this travesty overturned. I'm surprised though that Ms Cole didn't put up more of a struggle to ensure justice. Didn't anyone tell her anything that´s worth having is sure enough worth fighting for, quittings out of the question when it gets tough gotta fight some more?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    We don't know how severely the toilet attendant verbally provoked Cheryl. Words can be very provoking if the right ones are said. Even the most non violent in society can be provoked if the verbal abuse is persistent enough. I think there'll always be certain words that will cause anyone to lash out if said persistently enough.

Magnificent bullshit from yourself. I'm guessing those words are often said to you, do you ever lash out about it?
  • lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    We don't know how severely the toilet attendant verbally provoked Cheryl. Words can be very provoking if the right ones are said. Even the most non violent in society can be provoked if the verbal abuse is persistent enough. I think there'll always be certain words that will cause anyone to lash out if said persistently enough.

Exactly. Who's to say that the toilet attendant didn't attack Cheryl on purpose to get some money from her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Well she's had many years to try and appeal the conviction, but hasn't.

I think I'll happily take the court's decision on this one. They were party to the actual evidence after all. Why would you question the conviction without sight of the full case?

to launch an appeal there would need to be fresh evidence or it would beed to be filed immediately.

i have no doubt the record company were paying the legal bill as Cheryl was a member of what could still have been a one hit wonder band and the company were not going to fork out extra cash to ask for a re-trial

of course you are happy to accept the judgement it suits your agenda.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Wow! 8 years later and people are still banging on about it.

..... Really??
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. Who's to say that the toilet attendant didn't attack Cheryl on purpose to get some money from her.

What money? She was just starting out and paid a weekly wage and the companies do not pay big money out to new artists(oh I can't believe I used that word in the same sentence as Biffo:rolleyes:)!

The woman wanted money sue thats where you get the money.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffa has to be the most pathetic "insult" I have ever heard. I actually cringe for people who use it. Get a life.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Justice for wor chezza!! I assume you'll be lobbying the European Court about getting this travesty overturned. I'm surprised though that Ms Cole didn't put up more of a struggle to ensure justice. Didn't anyone tell her anything that´s worth having is sure enough worth fighting for, quittings out of the question when it gets tough gotta fight some more?

So no truth in the scurrilous rumour that her debut solo single was going to be called "Fight in this Club" then? :p
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just a common, trashy cow, rough as the arse of a badger and twice as nasty.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    The woman was three times the size of Cheryl!
    She hit Cheryl first! She was hardly some timid little girl!
    Cheryl went to court, and has not hit any more toilet attendents since, she didn't murder anyone, maybe the odd song, but some people just can't let it go.:rolleyes:

First I've heard of it :rolleyes:
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Biffa has to be the most pathetic "insult" I have ever heard. I actually cringe for people who use it. Get a life.

It's not an insult. It's just a term of endearment, or a jolly nickname. A bit like they call Paddy Ashdown 'Paddy Pantsdown'. :cool:
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have Biffa in our town and it's the name of our rubbish skips.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    It was a horrific attack. No-one can look at a picture of that woman and think Tweedy went easy with the happy slapping. She is gutter lowlife tralier trash, and now the US are keeping her, her place will be taken over by the TOWIE kids.
  • AnEnglishGentAnEnglishGent Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Wow! 8 years later and people are still banging on about it.

..... Really??

As a long-time lurker on these forums, I can't quite understand this either. The subject seems to come up very frequently, merely at the mention of Cheryl Cole's name.

In my humble opinion it was a single act of drunken violence. Not racially motivated, of course - although this was what she was charged with by the police, presumably on the basis that she allegedly used racist language. Of course her defence used this point to damage the credibility of the witnesses, who did themselves no favours by involving a PR agent and the press, although that could have merely been to protect their own interests and reputation. Of course it has been widely debated as to whether Cheryl Cole actually used any racist language at all, but when you're as drunk as she supposedly was you might very well say anything.

But we saw the pictures of Sophie Amogbokpa with her swollen eye and facial bruising. Actual Bodily Harm is what it was, for which she was rightly convicted. I don't understand why there are those on this forum who paint Cheryl as the victim of some sort of miscarriage of justice, or that independent witnesses should not have been believed, or that even (god forbid) that Ms Amogbokpa deserved to be assaulted; the girl was violent, and was lucky not to receive a much harsher sentence, given that she showed such a lack of remorse.

But should we continue to judge Cheryl Cole because of this single act? No, of course not. Admittedly it may still colour our opinions of the former Ms Tweedy; but she's moved on, into higher circles far away from nightclubs like The Drink, though with a certain amount of help from others. Continuing to use this incident as a stick to beat Cheryl with - or for that matter the opinions of other posters on this forum, whether positive or negative - seems to me to be a cheap and tired tactic.

Just my tuppence, of course. :)
  • crossbonescrossbones Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

correct. it's a play on the Viz characters who are rough-arse geordies, aptly assigned to cheryl after she clobbered that toilet attendant.
  • myscrapbook2011myscrapbook2011 Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    The woman was three times the size of Cheryl!
    She hit Cheryl first! She was hardly some timid little girl!
    Cheryl went to court, and has not hit any more toilet attendents since, she didn't murder anyone, maybe the odd song, but some people just can't let it go.:rolleyes:

I don't care about all that. I'll just be happy when she kills off a few people's overinflated egos..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Bull-SH1T.

I've been through some tough times in my life, I've had people say provocative things to me that have really got me riled, sometimes these things were said to me when I was a bit drunk and I have never EVER felt the urge to punch a person, never mind hard enough to give them a black eye. I've at most thumped a person, that is it. I cannot even imagine punching someone, it just wouldn't be in me. Many people, I'm sure, will relate to what I'm saying.

Many people would never ever do and don't have it in them to do what Cheryl Cole did. She's a thug.

That's your opinion. I have met people who would never ever start a fight, but they have defended themselves in such a way when needed. You don't need to be a thug to be violent! Some people are only violent when you trigger it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    She's just a common, trashy cow, rough as the arse of a badger and twice as nasty.

I take it you've experienced a badger's behind then?
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Yup - Geordie with a violent reputation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my humble opinion it was a single act of drunken violence. Not racially motivated, of course - although this was what she was charged with by the police, presumably on the basis that she allegedly used racist language. Of course her defence used this point to damage the credibility of the witnesses, who did themselves no favours by involving a PR agent and the press, although that could have merely been to protect their own interests and reputation. Of course it has been widely debated as to whether Cheryl Cole actually used any racist language at all, but when you're as drunk as she supposedly was you might very well say anything.

But we saw the pictures of Sophie Amogbokpa with her swollen eye and facial bruising. Actual Bodily Harm is what it was, for which she was rightly convicted. I don't understand why there are those on this forum who paint Cheryl as the victim of some sort of miscarriage of justice, or that independent witnesses should not have been believed, or that even (god forbid) that Ms Amogbokpa deserved to be assaulted; the girl was violent, and was lucky not to receive a much harsher sentence, given that she showed such a lack of remorse.

But should we continue to judge Cheryl Cole because of this single act? No, of course not. Admittedly it may still colour our opinions of the former Ms Tweedy; but she's moved on, into higher circles far away from nightclubs like The Drink, though with a certain amount of help from others. Continuing to use this incident as a stick to beat Cheryl with - or for that matter the opinions of other posters on this forum, whether positive or negative - seems to me to be a cheap and tired tactic.

Just my tuppence, of course. :)

This is the most sensible post on here. In my opinion, part of the reason why this assault will never disappear is because of the lack of remorse on Cheryl's part. She has put it behind her, it hasn't hindered her career in any way regardless of how much people talk about it.
  • crossbonescrossbones Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »

it's hardly an insult, more like people taking the pee out of her really. like they do with "two jags" prescott for example. she'll have to live with it, it won't ever go away.