Options

Fri 6th Feb - No EE

bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,710
Forum Member
✭✭
Schedules have Six Nations on the Friday slot, it's early schedules but there's only 3 eps that week right now

Some gaps not filled in could easily have a EE episode in

Weekend of 14th Feb is FA Cup so Friday 13th or Mon 16th could easily see no episode then. 6 Nation goes on for 5 weekends so expect changes until March

Comments

• Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,461
    Forum Member
    Can't they play their sporty things during the day instead. Cannit believe they enjoy playing with their balls at night time.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    If the FA cup is on the weekend then obviously EE will still show on the Monday. the FA cup is Saturday/Sunday. :confused:

This is starting to get pretty irritating. There's numerous sports channels, but instead they push around the schedules to fit it in on BBC 1?
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    BBC have a say in the timings of their FA Cup picks so I doubt they'd have one on Monday 16th Feb, disrupting the anniversary week. They're ok with it any other week before they can make up the episode on Thursday, we'll probably see a lot of these Thursday double bills in the next few months.

I really don't have a problem with sport disrupting EastEnders, as long as the displaced episodes are scheduled properly and we don't lose out on any episodes (which so far we haven't done) then it's fine by me. The BBC have to cater for all audiences, and airing sport like football and rugby helps bring in viewers that might not already watch the channel regularly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    If the FA cup is on the weekend then obviously EE will still show on the Monday. the FA cup is Saturday/Sunday. :confused:

This is starting to get pretty irritating. There's numerous sports channels, but instead they push around the schedules to fit it in on BBC 1?

FA Cup games can be on Friday or Monday nights on BBC One as with a couple of weeks ago (Monday) and this coming week (Friday).

Numerous sports channels is correct but the BBC has two channels these events could go on and they rate very well so it's understandable.

EDIT: There will be a change in March for Comic Relief of course, which no one complains about ;-)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,306
    Forum Member
    For god's sake, bloody sport f e c k off! >:(
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE is on Thursday at 8.30 again because of football on Friday. First time they tried I think few weeks ago. I wonder if this will become permanent in the future similar to corrie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    EE is on Thursday at 8.30 again because of football on Friday. First time they tried I think few weeks ago. I wonder if this will become permanent in the future similar to corrie.

Digiguide doesn't have that listed, do you know where it says that?
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So annoying. Take your balls elsewhere!
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Digiguide doesn't have that listed, do you know where it says that?

Sky EPG and TV times. This coming Thursday.
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member

The BBC won the rights to air the FA Cup over Sky Sports, BT Sport etc, that's why the matches can't air on those channels and only on BBC channels.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC won the rights to air the FA Cup over Sky Sports, BT Sport etc, that's why the matches can't air on those channels and only on BBC channels.

It is only this year though that FA cup games have started to be played on a friday and a monday. first weekend was over five days rather than the traditional 2 days.

same for 6 nations that used to be split over sat/sunday weekends.

It is fully appalling the beeb doing this not from a soap fan point of view but a sport watcher point of view. It makes it difficult to attend games on a friday night if you have to travel etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC have a say in the timings of their FA Cup picks so I doubt they'd have one on Monday 16th Feb, disrupting the anniversary week. They're ok with it any other week before they can make up the episode on Thursday, we'll probably see a lot of these Thursday double bills in the next few months.

I really don't have a problem with sport disrupting EastEnders, as long as the displaced episodes are scheduled properly and we don't lose out on any episodes (which so far we haven't done) then it's fine by me. The BBC have to cater for all audiences, and airing sport like football and rugby helps bring in viewers that might not already watch the channel regularly.

exactly!after the fifth. round draw they chose to show the united v cambridge game on the friday night. makes no sense they could of shown have chosen lunchtime/teatime kick off on the sat/sun if the wanted to show it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Can't they play their sporty things during the day instead. Cannit believe they enjoy playing with their balls at night time.

no they deffo don't I have been to monday night premier league games before and they have been boring as hell with some players not even arsed enough to run after the ball.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Schedules have Six Nations on the Friday slot, it's early schedules but there's only 3 eps that week right now

Some gaps not filled in could easily have a EE episode in

Weekend of 14th Feb is FA Cup so Friday 13th or Mon 16th could easily see no episode then. 6 Nation goes on for 5 weekends so expect changes until March

They cannot do that! :o There is supposed to be 5 episodes during the Anniversary week, one being the live one, between 16th-20th February. That's what's been rumoured, anyway. Don't know how true it is at this stage. Still nearly four weeks to go, yet.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    They cannot do that! :o There is supposed to be 5 episodes during the Anniversary week, one being the live one, between 16th-20th February. That's what's been rumoured, anyway. Don't know how true it is at this stage. Still nearly four weeks to go, yet.

There are and there's meant to be live elements in each one!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    no they deffo don't I have been to monday night premier league games before and they have been boring as hell with some players not even arsed enough to run after the ball.

That's what happens if you slop about in your pyjamas/lounge gear, not doing much, all weekend! :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    I fully expect any missed episodes due to Sporting Events will be made up during the 30th week Who knows we might see 6 episodes that week.

When Sharon returned the BBC gave us 7 episodes in 1 week with two episodes missed beforehand
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    For ****'s sake, not again.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope all this schedule change don't effect the 30th's ratings!:(
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    BBC need to get their act together. If all these episodes are being moved back, it means that the 30th anniversary episodes are also going back. I expect a couple hour-long specials in the run up to the 30th anniversary if they want to catch up again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC need to get their act together. If all these episodes are being moved back, it means that the 30th anniversary episodes are also going back. I expect a couple hour-long specials in the run up to the 30th anniversary if they want to catch up again.
    It doesn't. That's not how it works.
    The BBC would have had an idea when Football matches/Rugby will air so would have informed the team at EastEnders and not commissioned an episode for such and such day. We won't lose an episode anyway so chances are they will just make up the time with Extra episodes during 30th week. Again that would have been planned ages ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I hope all this schedule change don't effect the 30th's ratings!:(
    It shouldn't. We will have a low figure this Thursday though with a clash against Emmerdale. Emmerdale has the 30mins head start.
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care about football games disturbing episodes, as long as they are made up for like when we had a double bill. Buuuut disturb live 30th anniversary week then I'll be furious. Dollies will be thrown!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    I don't care about football games disturbing episodes, as long as they are made up for like when we had a double bill. Buuuut disturb live 30th anniversary week then I'll be furious. Dollies will be thrown!
    They will be made up one way or another. I think it's pretty obvious that any missed will just be 'Extra's' during 30th week.