Username Silliness

Comments

• Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Served on a jury in Newport 10 years ago. We had two cases of assault and affray, one guilty and one not. I was there for two weeks and the experience in no way undermined my belief in the jury system. The second trial was more complicated than the first, but no one on the jury was left floundering or pressing for a quick verdict. Everything was talked through properly and everyone contributed.

Some of the comments on the forum are atavistic, but it is one thing to stick up two fingers from behind a keyboard and another to do so in plain sight. I would compare it to the effects of alcohol: several posts are intemperate, but turn up for jury service reeking and you will find yourself sobering up in a cell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Served on a jury in Newport 10 years ago.
    Always wanted to do jury service, but I suspect I'd drive the other jurors insane by checking every detail and asking more questions and .... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always wanted to do jury service, but I suspect I'd drive the other jurors insane by checking every detail and asking more questions and .... :o

There was a fair bit of that, including asking the judge for clarification. I would do it again, an experience worth going through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies - LF has been extremely interesting in the past 1/2 hour - and Carol /Vicky is fascinating now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies - LF has been extremely interesting in the past 1/2 hour - and Carol /Vicky is fascinating now.

I will leave you to it, Dave; the rain is pouring down and darkness beckons. Good Night all.
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    STARGATE'S COMING BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a513056/stargate-to-receive-movie-reboot-trilogy-planned.html

:cool: x 10m
    :D:D:D:D x 10 more m

Update: Sarah S has had an episode in HLs :D:D

I stripped and ran naked through the thread in delight! :D:D:D
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    linmic wrote: »
    :eek: What a thought!!

Still, they'd get to the bottom of whether Mario was hung like a budgie or not so all is not lost.

Ah yes, that thread is my next port of call. Thought I'd drop by here first though before willy talk :p
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, that thread is my next port of call. Thought I'd drop by here first though before willy talk :p

Been there, done that and it is as childish as almost all the threads tonight. I spent a good couple of hours clicking on threads in the hope of some meaningful discussion but in each case I have sighed and closed the door on my way out. It's like bloomin play school.
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Been there, done that and it is as childish as almost all the threads tonight. I spent a good couple of hours clicking on threads in the hope of some meaningful discussion but in each case I have sighed and closed the door on my way out. It's like bloomin play school.

I didn't see the point in trying anymore. Been listening to a cappella Beatles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the point in trying anymore. Been listening to a cappella Beatles
    Have you ever listened to the early Beatles albums on one channel?
    Because of the primitive 4/8 track recording techniques, everything is crammed into left/right with centre caused by the sound being in both ears.
    If you drop one channel you get pretty well just the vocals, and the other the instruments. This was the standard wway of recording groups up to about 1966.

Fascinating stuff, you can easily pick out just how bad Lennon and McCartney were as singers back then, even the harmonics are dodgy. Yet it all fits.
    Works up to 'Rubber Soul' / 'Revolver' and some later singles. Kenny Everett (a now sadly long-deceased dj streets ahead of anyone else) used to do 'Sing-along-a-Beatles'on his Saturday morning BBC show by just cutting out the voices on-air.

Works on most early-mid-60s albums (The Yardbirds are pretty good, as a re the Stones) But you need the stereo versions not the mono ones.

EDIT: and that seems as good a point as any to drop into dreamland night all x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BISCUITS

are always available to waifs and strays who arrive her through strifes thick and thin. Can we make sure the tin is always full, please.

There's people out there who more than deserve them, and we never know when they may arrive.
    They may also need a place to rest for a while
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say biscuits? :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did someone say biscuits? :):)

With some bourbon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thread-mates are always welcome to dip from the well of never-ending biscuits.
    However, please bear in mind that sometimes those coming in from the outside for the first time may be intimidated by the trail of ckocolate, so please clean up after yourselves.

We do not want to give a bad impression.

You may also want to bear in mind that the small green -grey buttons in animal motif- wrappers are peyote, and to be taken in moderation and only under supervision or with a guide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However, please bear in mind that sometimes those coming in from the outside for the first time may be intimidated by the trail of ckocolate, so please clean up after yourselves.

You may also want to bear in mind that the small green -grey buttons in animal motif- wrappers are peyote, and to be taken in moderation and only under supervision or with a guide.

Quite a few seem allergic to biscuits.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few seem allergic to biscuits.:(
    a fair number have, however, taken to referring to them in their posts. Juts as they have in referring to vile as an incorrect response. Baby steps ....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a fair number have, however, taken to referring to them in their posts. Juts as they have in referring to vile as an incorrect response. Baby steps ....;)

Reading them their fortune cookies?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all, i feel drunk on sleep....did i miss anything on LF last night? Couldn't pass up an all too rare chance of sleep
    i'm dubious about these biscuits what are they laced with?
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are similiar to salvia divinorum I'll be straight in there :o

*sweeps up ckocolate remains* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Afternoon all, i feel drunk on sleep....did i miss anything on LF last night? Couldn't pass up an all too rare chance of sleep
    i'm dubious about these biscuits what are they laced with?

Bictericide!:D
    Forum Member
    Bictericide!:D

:eek::eek::eek: you mean Dave is killing all the biscuits??:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: you mean Dave is killing all the biscuits??:eek:

No, only the beescuits!:D Very quiet on here last night without you. Did your wi-fi crash in your punthouse sweet?:D
    Forum Member
    No, only the beescuits!:D Very quiet on here last night without you. Did your wi-fi crash in your punthouse sweet?:D

hehehheheee no i was just exhausted, and Sleep made a rare house call barely got the light off before :sleep::sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hehehheheee no i was just exhausted, and Sleep made a rare house call barely got the light off before :sleep::sleep:

Doesn't sound as if you missed much. CBB seems like a firework that fizzles and splutters before going phut!
    Forum Member
    Doesn't sound as if you missed much. CBB seems like a firework that fizzles and splutters before going phut!

was going to whisper but realised i don't have to anymore, quite looking forward to it being over :o:o

ps aren't you at twickenham today?
This discussion has been closed.