The new coach should have been Skin from Skunk Anansie

babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says. Fierce vocals and a great personality, I think she would have been an excellent coach and made for great viewing. Granted, she's never been mentioned as a possible coach, and Skunk Anansie haven't had any chart success since the 90s, but I would have loved it if it was her! BBC take note please.

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skin would've been a great choice as Skunk Anansie had so much influence in the indie market. Also I would have loved Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries as a judge, another artist with a superb talent.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skin would've been a great choice as Skunk Anansie had so much influence in the indie market. Also I would have loved Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries as a judge, another artist with a superb talent.

Didnt Dolores do the irish one?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dolores did the Irish version last year and was terrible
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

Much as I love Dolores, I think she's probably a bit pre occupied with personal problems at the moment as well - separated from her husband of 20 years, arrested for assaulting a flight attendant and diagnosed as bi polar.

So how do we get the BBC to line up Skin for next year? :)
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea who she is 😳
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    As the title says. Fierce vocals and a great personality, I think she would have been an excellent coach and made for great viewing. Granted, she's never been mentioned as a possible coach, and Skunk Anansie haven't had any chart success since the 90s, but I would have loved it if it was her! BBC take note please.
    Skin was great but I think she'd have been a poor choice as a coach simply because they need to be people that a mainstream audience can recognise and identify with, and Skunk Anansie weren't big enough or recent enough to have that recognition factor. Tom Jones and Will.i.am certainly have that, Kylie did too. Ricky's more borderline, as Kaiser Chiefs' heyday was a while back. Rita's the new kid on the block in many respects, but she's certainly instantly recognisable to a modern pop audience. Having seen tonight's episode already, I'd say she'll fit in just fine.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, Skin is all kinds of awesome!

To be honest though I'd probably be happy with anyone who wasn't Ora :(
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

What's so bad with Ora??
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skin was great but I think she'd have been a poor choice as a coach simply because they need to be people that a mainstream audience can recognise and identify with, and Skunk Anansie weren't big enough or recent enough to have that recognition factor. Tom Jones and Will.i.am certainly have that, Kylie did too. Ricky's more borderline, as Kaiser Chiefs' heyday was a while back. Rita's the new kid on the block in many respects, but she's certainly instantly recognisable to a modern pop audience. Having seen tonight's episode already, I'd say she'll fit in just fine.

How could you have seen an episode that's not been broadcast yet? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

I wouldn't want Skin to do it, she's too good for this kind of show.
  • MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't want Skin to do it, she's too good for this kind of show.

Hell yes, much too good. Classy lady, amazing singer.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Impressive ghetto talk from Will!!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Oops wrong thread twice!!
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skunk Anansie are still going and are currently writing for their next album. Skin is scarily talented and to be honest the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She's amazing but I'm not sure this show is for her. I'm actually interested in what her opinion would be on the suggestion.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could you have seen an episode that's not been broadcast yet? :confused:
    I do TV reviews - I get previews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do TV reviews - I get previews.

Ah that explains it, thanks. :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After suffering an hour and then watching Harry Hill on +1, (what was I thinking) a plank of wood would be better than Rita Ora.
    She was how I expected. Used to love Skunk Anansie when they first appeared but lost track of them.
    Bit too intimidating to be a judge.Or known enough.
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Is Ricky really more well known than Skin? I find that a shame. I only realised Ricky's from the Kaiser Chiefs from the info in this thread, whereas Skin has had my respect for many years.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't go for Geri Haliwell, she would be the best
    God forbid they go for Paloma Faith
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't go for Geri Haliwell, she would be the best
    God forbid they go for Paloma Faith

I wouldn't be able to watch if they went for Paloma. I can't bear her affected, little girl speaking voice. And the least said about her screeching vocals the better.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to watch if they went for Paloma. I can't bear her affected, little girl speaking voice. And the least said about her screeching vocals the better.

You're 100% right with that description. I'd not want Geri either - she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket although it doesn't seem to have done Cheryl whatserface any harm. I'd happy to give Rita a chance - I'm not overly familiar with her but she may very well know her stuff. She doesn't make me want to throw anything at the telly so there's a start ;-).
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the current line-up is good and I like Rita Ora so far.
    But i like the idea of Skin as a judge, she is feisty and i would love to hear her ideas and how she looks at the industry.
    But then again I would also have no problems with Ellie Goulding, Missy Elliott or Kelis as a judge.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

She always struck me as a bit dim i'm afraid.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Rita she comes across as genuine sparky and nice.