bisexual people face more discrimination than gays anyone agree?

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
as a bisexual person who isnt out to many people, i find it very annoying how people discriminate against bisexuals, we are not gay sorry im only stating a fact and we are not straight either so why do we always constantly hear silly comments like bisexuals are greedy, confused, liars, nasty, pramiscuous and many more. i also find it homophobic when women say they wouldnt date a bisexual man you never hear men say they wouldnt date a bisexual woman, so this is why many bisexual men like myself get into relationships with women and choose not to tell them and you also have gays who hate bisexuals too and say they need to decide if they prefer men or women, how pathetic. the world is not just black and white for gods sake anyone agree?

Comments

• Tim_WilkesTim_Wilkes Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone publicly say they're gay or bisexual? - I'm sure heterosexuals don't say they're just that.

I don't see the point of someone mentioning their sexuality to others for whatever reason.
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    I think both face discrimination but I have heard bisexual people branded as slappers and I replied being bisexual doesn't necessarily make a person a slapper and the response was yes it does!

I disagree with that stance but yeah I think both face discrimination but bi people maybe more as they are often wrongly branded as promiscuous as they like both sexes, plus some people seem to think they're in denial about being gay.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim_Wilkes wrote: »
    Why would anyone publicly say they're gay or bisexual? - I'm sure heterosexuals don't say they're just that.

I don't see the point of someone mentioning their sexuality to others for whatever reason.

to be fair what you say doesnt really have anything to do with my thread. this thread is about bisexuals getting discriminated against.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    People will judge, and it may perhaps be less understood but I don't think it more discriminated against.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    They are getting the best of both worlds so if anyone is being discriminated against, it's gays and straight people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    I think both face discrimination but I have heard bisexual people branded as slappers and I replied being bisexual doesn't necessarily make a person a slapper and the response was yes it does!

I disagree with that stance but yeah I think both face discrimination but bi people maybe more as they are often wrongly branded as promiscuous as they like both sexes, plus some people seem to think they're in denial about being gay.

yes exactly you are spot on we are always labbelled as people who always want sex many of us dont at all.
    Forum Member
    They are getting the best of both worlds so if anyone is being discriminated against, it's gays and straight people.

Not really as gay and straight people chose not to go with both sexes.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted (didn't read properly)
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    yes exactly you are spot on we are always labbelled as people who always want sex many of us dont at all.

I agree.

Doesn't matter what sexuality a person is, get people of all sexuality who are selective of who'll they go with hence I disagreed with a work colleague.
    Forum Member
    If you feel discriminated against then that's not good.

Try not to let narrow-minded people get you down if it's been happening, though I know hard to do as sometimes can just get to you.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never seen a Bisexual person have abuse thrown at them. That's not to say it doesn't happen, it obviously does. I have just never seen it.

I'm very very sorry if this makes me ignorant.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i also find it homophobic when women say they wouldnt date a bisexual man you never hear men say they wouldnt date a bisexual woman

Well that's because of the age old fantasy that blokes think if they go out with a woman who is a bisexual they'll somehow end up in a threesome. But the reality isn't that convenient and I imagine it probably gets to some blokes that their girlfriend might be looking at other women.

I don't think it's homophobic as such. I doubt women have a problem with gay men. It's just that they perhaps wonder (wrongly if your case) that maybe you're only dating them to find out if you're straight or gay. Or perhaps they just want a relationship with a straight partner. That's possible too. That's not homophobia imho. Otherwise all straight people would be labelled homophobic for only wanting straight relationships.

You've my sympathy. I hope you meet someone who you can trust with your sexuality and who treats the relationship for what it is.. a normal relationship.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think that non-cis trans-genderqueer bi-asexual non-gender-specific people are the most discriminated against.
    Forum Member
    Tran-sexuals certainly face discrimination.

I admire their bravery as they no doubt get a lot of abuse when they go out dressed as women etc.

Asexuality is also frowned upon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's because of the age old fantasy that blokes think if they go out with a woman who is a bisexual they'll somehow end up in a threesome. But the reality isn't that convenient and I imagine it probably gets to some blokes that their girlfriend might be looking at other women.

I don't think it's homophobic as such. I doubt women have a problem with gay men. It's just that they perhaps wonder (wrongly if your case) that maybe you're only dating them to find out if you're straight or gay. Or perhaps they just want a relationship with a straight partner. That's possible too. That's not homophobia imho. Otherwise all straight people would be labelled homophobic for only wanting straight relationships.

You've my sympathy. I hope you meet someone who you can trust with your sexuality and who treats the relationship for what it is.. a normal relationship.

thanks mate and maybe your right but that gets back to my point most people dont want a relationship with a bisexual, we are not taken seriously, most gay men for example that i have come across loathe bisexual men and straight women never seem to date bi men hence why most bisexuals are single i personally would rather just be gay or straight then there is no confusion and complications.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I admire their bravery as they no doubt get a lot of abuse when they go out dressed as women etc.

yes i agree with that i have sometimes suspected i was asexual to an extenct due to very low sex drive but thats another story lol.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guessing some in society don't seem to like difference.
  • Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of gay men fancy Bi guys.

They like to think they can turn them fully gay. :)
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i agree with that i have sometimes suspected i was asexual to an extenct due to very low sex drive but thats another story lol.

Would you say you are 50/50 bisexual, or lean more heavily one way or the other? Because that can have an impact on how best to define yourself.
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I am a woman who would date a bisexual woman but not a bisexual man. This is not discrimination in any meaningful sense though, it is just my personal sexual preference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you say you are 50/50 bisexual, or lean more heavily one way or the other? Because that can have an impact on how best to define yourself.

I would say 50/50 and maybe thats the problem if i leaned towards one way maybe it will be easier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a woman who would date a bisexual woman but not a bisexual man. This is not discrimination in any meaningful sense though, it is just my personal sexual preference.

but are you gay? if so then you wouldnt be expected to date a man period but if you are a bisexual women i have to admit that sounds a bt predudiced, im sorry to say im sure your likely not but maybe im overly sensitve.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say 50/50 and maybe thats the problem if i leaned towards one way maybe it will be easier.

Ah, that really is quite a dilemma then. If you leaned one way more, you could truthfully say 'I prefer men/women'.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member

Or at times in some instances the worst of both worlds in terms of some peoples ignorance or prejudice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Tim_Wilkes wrote: »

So if someone were to ask about a gay or bisexual person's sexuality or love life or significant other what are they supposed to do, lie?