Internet stops working after a minute?

magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
Forum Member
✭✭
I've got a strange problem with my internet connection. I'm using AOL Silver with a Netgear 834G wireless router. The problem I am experiencing is that on Sunday, AOL downloaded a software update. I don't normally use the AOL software, except for checking my AOL e-mail every once in a while. The update installed, and my internet connection stopped working.

I'm not sure if this has been caused by the update, or is a coinsidence, but my connection is usually fine for about a minute, then it doesn't work any more. If I reboot the router again, it works fine for a minute, then stops again. The orange training light only appears when rebooting, the modem doesn't start training when the internet stops working, so I assume that the connection is ok.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've had the thing connected since early January, haven't changed any of the settings, and all of a sudden it has stopped. The other thing is, I use Xbox Live connected wirelessly, and this has exactly the same problem, works for a minute, then disconnects.

Thanks for your help,

Magik

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Does you router show the ADSL light solid before you reboot? Because I think that it is unlikely to be you router. It is far morely that the software download has upset your PC. If you go to show all connections are you still connected to the router?
  • magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does you router show the ADSL light solid before you reboot? Because I think that it is unlikely to be you router. It is far morely that the software download has upset your PC. If you go to show all connections are you still connected to the router?

yes, light is solid, but problem happens with xbox as well, and neither are physically connected to the router? Connection to router shows very good or excellent strength at all times.