Have I done something wrong?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just installed a new radio/cd player in my car (JVC) and it switches on when I press the fob key to unlock the car :confused: It's also not memorising the radio stations I programme in when the car's switched off. My other radio/cd player didn't do this (Clarion)

It's the first time I've put a radio in myself and I was really pleased with myself. The only difference to the previous radio was an aerial adapter. There was a separate bundle of wiring with connections on each end to fit what was already there so I'm a bit confused.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to connect to a permanently live supply rather than one that switches on/off with the ignition. Its been a while since I've installed a radio but I recall sometimes there are two supplies, one switched with the ignition and one permanenly live to maintain the memory.
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like you have no permanent live (not remembering stations) and the ignition controlled live is wired into the courtesy light circuit (switches on when car unlocks, i.e. When the lights come on).
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    you need a permanent live

usually the clock has this