Does nobody like Hugo?

13»

Comments

• hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    I like him. I was very impressed with the trial he did - he didntworry about the snakes did he:)
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's ok and could be a dark horse. With the snakes I was covering my eyes, shaking and saying get out a lot so can't comment on how well he did * massive snake phobia*.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I think Rosemary keeps having a go at Hugo to try and cover up the fact that she is just as posh as him, I like HUgo
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    judy10 wrote: »
    I think Rosemary keeps having a go at Hugo to try and cover up the fact that she is just as posh as him, I like HUgo

I don't really think so. If you speak with a plum in your mouth and act like Clarissa Dickson-Wright, it's a bit hard to convince people you're from a sink estate. :cool:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Rosemary has taken over Nadine's mantle of putting Hugo down and like her I believe it is a form of reverse snobbery. Why was she going on about needing to outlast him in the immunity trial? It's like her and Nadine and Eric are in some kind of a competition with him but he doesn't seem to know about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Rosemary wanted to outlast Hugo because they were the last two remaining in their section. Could be wrong though.

Rosemary is pretty posh so the reverse snobbery thing doesn't make much sense. She has on occasion berated Hugo for 'being rude'. Whilst he is admittedly a bit snappy sometimes I think she reacted a bit OTT, but that's Rosemary all over!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    I do! Was Rosemary not as rude as he was last night? (much as I want Rosemary to win) Give the guy a break.

I like Hugo. He says some silly things sometimes (but don't they all?) but I do like him.

With the Rosemary thing - I'm assuming you mean where they were all saying he was rude to her (the night before last). As much as I like Rosemary - I actually thought SHE was rude as she was whispering to Linda in front of him. She keeps going on about being naturally loud - so the whispering was definitely what it was meant to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I like him, when he is angry he is very funny!
  • hannah1991hannah1991 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Hugo. He says some silly things sometimes (but don't they all?) but I do like him.

With the Rosemary thing - I'm assuming you mean where they were all saying he was rude to her (the night before last). As much as I like Rosemary - I actually thought SHE was rude as she was whispering to Linda in front of him. She keeps going on about being naturally loud - so the whispering was definitely what it was meant to be.

That`s what I think too. Also, when she sees him looking at her whispering about him to Linda, you can see her looking a tad sheepish to have been caught aswell :rolleyes: But, I do like her still. I just think she`d grate on me if I was there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosemary has taken over Nadine's mantle of putting Hugo down and like her I believe it is a form of reverse snobbery. Why was she going on about needing to outlast him in the immunity trial? It's like her and Nadine and Eric are in some kind of a competition with him but he doesn't seem to know about it.

To be fair to her, Rosemary said she wanted to outlast him because "he's 26" - I think she was trying to say she was striking a blow for the older people - that's how I took it anyway, though I could be wrong of course.

Hugo has grown on me to be honest and I've found myself feeling a bit sorry for him because he seems to be a bit of an outcast in the camp at times - I'll be interested to see how long he stays in for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him ... he's quite funny and seems to pull his weight in the camp and the trials
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Hugo has grown on me to be honest and I've found myself feeling a bit sorry for him because he seems to be a bit of an outcast in the camp at times - I'll be interested to see how long he stays in for.

I just get the impression that there seems to be a bit of 'ganging up' going on towards Hugo. And sadly - it appears that this ganging up is coming from those that should know better - the older camp-mates. Helen, Ashley and Charlie don't seem to take part in it. David has a little go now and again - but in a playful sort of way - and he'd do it anyway - not feel the need to join in with the gang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just get the impression that there seems to be a bit of 'ganging up' going on towards Hugo. And sadly - it appears that this ganging up is coming from those that should know better - the older camp-mates. Helen, Ashley and Charlie don't seem to take part in it. David has a little go now and again - but in a playful sort of way - and he'd do it anyway - not feel the need to join in with the gang.

Yep - i've actually found it a bit cringeworthy at times, the way some of them have behaved with him. I think some of them are being lighthearted but Eric and Nadine seemed to take against him from the start, and he rarely seems to be included in anything.
    For the most part, though, he has been really dignified in the face of others' rudeness, which is another reason I've come to like him.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    max_db wrote: »
    I am amazed that so many people say they like him on this thread yet he's only had 5 people vote for him on the poll....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761653

I think that's because, although a lot of people like him (me included), he isn't my favourite.

I also feel a bit sorry for Hugo - there isn't another guy in there of roughly his age - all the other guys are quite a bit older.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    martenla wrote: »
    I thought Rosemary wanted to outlast Hugo because they were the last two remaining in their section. Could be wrong though.

Rosemary is pretty posh so the reverse snobbery thing doesn't make much sense. She has on occasion berated Hugo for 'being rude'. Whilst he is admittedly a bit snappy sometimes I think she reacted a bit OTT, but that's Rosemary all over!

I thought Nadine was quite posh though her background made me realise this wasn't the case. I don't actually know anything about Rosemary's background though clearly her career is somewhat based on poshness but she does clearly have a problem with Hugo and his background as does Eric and did Nadine. .
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    To be fair to her, Rosemary said she wanted to outlast him because "he's 26" - I think she was trying to say she was striking a blow for the older people - that's how I took it anyway, though I could be wrong of course.

I didn't hear her say this only that she wanted to outlast him. I suppose that's fair enough.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's awful.... petulant, sour-faced, moody cry baby whose 'famous' for, er... what exactly? He's not even pleasant on the eye, looking like Freddie Mercury's underfed kid brother. He's a complete non-entity. He'll be out pretty smartish.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    I do! Was Rosemary not as rude as he was last night? (much as I want Rosemary to win) Give the guy a break.

I'm not too keen on Hugo.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like him either and this was further confirmed by Nadine on the Now spin-off show where she was being interviewed by Laura. She said not only was Hugo rude to everyone in the jungle but he was rude to the ITV staff and even the crew. She said we haven't been shown his true colours and he's much ruder and horrible than what we see on tv.

Can't stand him! Wish he had been voted out tonight.
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu0rt wrote: »
    They all seem to be at each other's throats for no apparent reason. But remember we only see what the editors want us to see. I usually take these arguments with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, Hugo is lovely :) Rosemary is lovely too! In fact they're all tolerable this year.

Yes, I might not go as far as "lovely" for all of them, but generally a nice bunch. :)
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't make up my mind about Hugo - sometimes he comes across as quite likeable, but then the next moment he's behaving like a spoilt brat.

I enjoyed Rosemary's chat with him last night, when she more or less stated that all their fellow camp mates were famous for having a talent, while he was only famous for appearing on another reality show.

Credit to Hugo, he seemed to take on board what she was saying.