Whatsapp

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am amazed you can't get whatsapp for ipad, or even use the iphone version, unless i am missing something, it be so much easier to use.

Comments

• Andrew_ReidAndrew_Reid Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I have whatsapp working on my android tablet,so i think you should be able to get it for your ipad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have whatsapp working on my android tablet,so i think you should be able to get it for your ipad.

No it is not in the apple store
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

How did you get it working on your tablet ?!

Are you able to use it on your phone AND tablet ? That's what ide like to do.

I have another messaging app called 'viber' and it works perfectly in sync with my phone and tablet.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

I have another messaging app called 'viber' and it works perfectly in sync with my phone and tablet.

You can only use Whatsapp on either phone or tablet but it won't work on both at the same time.

There is a very similar app called Telegram which will work on them both simultaneously. It also has a web client which is handy.
  • Andrew_ReidAndrew_Reid Posts: 110
    Forum Member

All you need is a mobile phone number,i just followed a guide online how to do it,but i dont have the link to it,but if you search for whatsapp on tablet pc you should find a guide,it is quite straight forward once you follow the guide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

+1 for viber

whatsapp need to make an ipad app!
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

It seems it isn't available for the iPad or iPod Touch (for some reason), but I came across this guide to install it anyway.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    It seems it isn't available for the iPad or iPod Touch (for some reason), but I came across this guide to install it anyway.

it isn't available for ipad or ipod touch due to the fact that the app requires a mobile number to work, and ipads and ipods don't have those.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    You can only use Whatsapp on either phone or tablet but it won't work on both at the same time.

Yep, a stupid restriction which means I don't bother with it. Sticking with Hangouts,email and Facebook messenger.