What have you done today?

Comments

• darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Took my mum shopping for her birthday which is in a few days, and bought myself a new guitar:)
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Went to work, tripled my work load for the next few weeks since I'm going to be by myself as both my colleagues are off on holiday (gulp)

Came home, made up with the OH after a silly argument this morning, now watching corrie and waiting for dinner to cook.

Also laughing at my puppy who is very confused as to why she can hear another dog but not see or smell it while I watch youtube videos. Head cocked to the side and a piercing bark. Ouch
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took my mum shopping for her birthday which is in a few days, and bought myself a new guitar:)

What kind of guitar did you get?
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Done Voluntary Work
    - Done a poo
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Sufferinf from a chest infection but went out to markies for some shopping. The Mrs made tea and now watching a film called Believe.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serviced a Fiat 500 and took the car for mot test this morning...it passed :)

Home for lunch then took the dog for a nice walk in the park.

Watched some of the cricket then did the housework.

Made the tea and had a look on here and a couple of other forums.

Watched Emmerdale, now on here.

Going out for a walk later to see if the sunset is worth photographing.
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to Bletchley Park today via train

On way back, encountered man who was trying to get somewhere (was incredibly nice, said he just been released from prison and was on his way to probation office)

And now just chilling on my laptop and about to solve some codewords :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had my hair cut. Told him I wanted a bating wicket.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    What kind of guitar did you get?

A Martin DCAP5.

I wasn't planning on it, I just walked into the shop, started playing, then thought "yeah I'm worth it" lol.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Martin DCAP5.

I wasn't planning on it, I just walked into the shop, started playing, then thought "yeah I'm worth it" lol.

Good choice!!
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woke up at 6.30 and my jaw was playing up so had to go into the kitchen to get some heat to place onto it (I have a cuddly toy with a wheat bag inside) and went back to bed til my alarm at 9.

Got up, hoovered the living room, ate my breakfast outisde, got washed and dressed, sat outside for an hour or two with my kindle. Oh and went to the post office to send off some important forms for SFE. Then my Mum drove me to where I needed to get my second bus (thus not having to get the first one and a 15 min walk before it) to save me time :D Got the bus to where one of my work's offices is. Walked the rest of the way, they photocopied my DBS. Then I came all the way back again.

Then ate some lunch and went back outside for a bit. Came in and popped to the shop to get empty boxes for a delivery and stopped off at the doctors on the way for my prescription. Filled it up. and then ended up having a nap til my Dad picked me up. Went to the pub for tea and came home. Went back out again to send my parcel and then watched TV. Now just chilling before I go to bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ordered some solar lights for my garden.
    Forum Member
    Still suffering from a chest infection :mad: so did pretty much sod all today. We went for some shopping and when we got back I made some butterbean and aubergine soup. Was lush!

Then had several frappes to cool my the last down. Now sitting up as I can't bloody sleep for coughing :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Still suffering from a chest infection :mad: so did pretty much sod all today. We went for some shopping and when we got back I made some butterbean and aubergine soup. Was lush!

Then had several frappes to cool my the last down. Now sitting up as I can't bloody sleep for coughing :mad:

I had that for nearly a year off and on in 2008, one good thing being male for you, when I had a bad couhing fit, I peed myself!

The only thing that relieved mine was a steroid inhaler.
    Forum Member
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    I had that for nearly a year off and on in 2008, one good thing being male for you, when I had a bad couhing fit, I peed myself!

The only thing that relieved mine was a steroid inhaler.

Haha! :D Sorry :blush:

Had it for about a week now but I think its starting to ease. I don't get them often, but when I do, they are crackers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Been shopping,
    - bought two trousers,
    - been to bank,
    - been to post office,
    - been to my sisters,
    - paid road tax,
    - posted on my blogs,
    - posted on some forums.

A somewhat productive day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Emailed the warehousing job agency again. They have my landline number as well as my mobile number, but on their interview/induction day I made it clear I get a very poor mobile phone signal and that they should use my landline. They have still been trying to contact me via my mobile. The central number they give out to contact them is still giving me a recorded message, telling me I will be called back, but again they try the mobile. It usually rings, but when I pick the phone up the signal goes and the call drops.

Even if I Google the agency it gives me the central number, the one I already have. I know it's only for a crappy, minimum wage warehousing job that is temporary, but hey, a job is a job even if I will only be a few pounds a week better off, after paying bus/train fares.

In other news, phone the Credit Union to register my unhappiness at a change to their charges. They currently charge £1 a week, that is changing to £3.75 a month which is fine. But they will also now be imposing a charge of an extra £5 a month if you have more than ten debits of any kind on your account in one month. Given that the Credit Union accounts are for those on low incomes, or on benefits, it seems stupid to me that they are effectively discouraging people from making full use of their account.

I also took my mother's dogs for a walk, did some jobsearch, put the remaining Bratwurst into the slow cooker with other ingredients to make a sausage casserole and cut the grass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going away for the weekend so been tidying the place and some simple jobs. Nothing exciting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Going away for the weekend so been tidying the place and some simple jobs. Nothing exciting.

(The edit time has run out...)

I have also managed to gain access to an admin account in an old computer that my sister didn't want (so she gave it to me) using the safe mode method. There was no password on the admin account, so I used that to remove the passwords on other accounts. Now I can look through them to see what I can save for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    More than usual. Dropped my son off at my parents' and took my husband to work since they're off on a road trip to his parents' this weekend - my son is staying for a week and a half, and my husband is going for the weekend. Got through a team meeting at work. Haven't done nearly enough actual work, though, which I'm going to regret, since we have a 5 hour national teleconference in about 30 minutes and I'm going to be stuck in a conference room until 4:30 for that (which means I'll have to finish the project I'm working on tomorrow - even though I took the day off to have a day to myself and go see a movie or sew something fun).

I did change purses, though. That's an accomplishment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Staying down my sister's again dog sitting, so done walking and not much lol...Ironed this morning but forgot to iron work stuff :( but all i seem to have done is eat,lol, trying to up the carbs again, seem low on sister's scales,but i guess its the ,long walks with dog i had..watching friends now lol, shower then bed after, ready for work in morning so early night :p
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Housework, listened to music, watched DVDs.

Been meaning to go for a walk since about 11am.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken my mum for a new contract phone, made roast for the boys
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went for a 90 minute walk.
    Cleaned the house a bit.
    Did a spot of gardening.
    Answered a complicated question.
    Prepared for work tomorrow.
    Prepared food for dinner tonight, it is in the oven.
    Had a sleep.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went for a 90 minute walk.
    Cleaned the house a bit.
    Did a spot of gardening.
    Answered a complicated question.
    Prepared for work tomorrow.
    Prepared food for dinner tonight, it is in the oven.
    Had a sleep.

Good Summer Breeze:):D

I had my hair cut.
    Drank too much coffee.
    Went to Wickes and bought paint and masking tape and a brush and a roller sleeve.
    Struggled and failed to get old roller sleeve off roller.
    Swore quite a bit.
    Nagged the girl and her bf to take what they need for a short camping trip.
    Saw them off.
    Sat down and continued to drink too much coffee whilst looking at Youtube.