Options

PS Plus

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Just tried Towerfall from last months offerings.

Such shite. Some of you said it was fun. Tut tut.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curve Digital have tweeted to say The Swapper is NOT part of PS+ this month, nor is it planned to join the service.
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curve Digital have tweeted to say The Swapper is NOT part of PS+ this month, nor is it planned to join the service.

Does that mean the whole rumour tweet is wrong and it's not Saints Row, Far Cry for the PS3 etc?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Does that mean the whole rumour tweet is wrong and it's not Saints Row, Far Cry for the PS3 etc?

Doesn't look good as someone from 1001 Spikes has said it wont be included in the IGC.

We should know soon enough though, I expect the official announcement tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

I hope the PS3 stuff is right though as I would like those two games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »

Hard to say. The Swapper was probably a suspect because it's release date matches when PS+ goes live and Sony have had a habit of giving us brand new indie games recently. As for the rest, who knows where they got their info from.

Edit - apparently Octodad is wrong too.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fc has been on plus so won't be that
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Fc has been on plus so won't be that

it apparently wasn't Far Cry 3(which as you say has been on the IGC),it was Far Cry Blood Dragon
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumoured list is way off according to the community manager: https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/494051075188871168
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Good, those ps4 offerings didn't wow me.

But didn't xbox announce some decent games for their games for/with gold thing ? Maybe Sony changed their mind on Augusts offerings because of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Good, those ps4 offerings didn't wow me.

But didn't xbox announce some decent games for their games for/with gold thing ? Maybe Sony changed their mind on Augusts offerings because of that.

Neither the XB1 or 360 games seemed any better than the PS3/PS4 offerings in the rumoured list. 360 got Dishonored which is great but Saints Row 4 and Far Cry 3 BD are equal offerings.

XB1 got Crimson Dragon got some really bad reviews and is never used as an exclusive worth mentioning in fanboy list making arguments.

So yes Xbox got a really good update for August but not enough to force Sonys hand and change from the rumoured content IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS Plus games are scheduled to be revealed at 4pm.

I'm guessing there'll be no EA games....... or maybe there will. Wouldn't that be a twist!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS Plus games are scheduled to be revealed at 4pm.

I'm guessing there'll be no EA games....... or maybe there will. Wouldn't that be a twist!

I don't get this idea that EA won't put games on Plus because Sony said no to the subscription service

The fact is if a game appears on plus (more often than not) its for one of three reasons
    1. its a first/second party game that Sony can throw on with minimal effort
    2. The sales for the game have pretty much stopped and they give it to people in the hopes they'll buy DLC
    3. the sequel is coming out and what better promotion that getting people hyped with previous game for free

EA still fall into 2 and 3 on the list so we'll still see games like battlefield 4 turn up on the list in the months leading up to Hardline
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I don't get this idea that EA won't put games on Plus because Sony said no to the subscription service

Because it devalues EA's own service. People will question why EA are asking Xbox gamers to pay an extra £20 a year for EA games, when you can get them on PS+ for no additional cost.

If FIFA, Madden or BF4 appear on PS+ this year, Xbox owners paying for EA Access would be rightly annoyed.

The twist would be, there's no EA Access on PS because it's being integrated into PS+ at no additional cost. That would be a massive coup for Sony but I'm not sure the economics would stack up for that to be possible.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it devalues EA's own service. People will question why EA are asking Xbox gamers to pay an extra £20 a year for EA games, when you can get them on PS+ for no additional cost.

If FIFA, Madden or BF4 appear on PS+ this year, Xbox owners paying for EA Access would be rightly annoyed.

and by saying 'no', Sony have devalued PS+.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really, because the EA games wouldn't have appeared on PS+ either way.

Anyway, some more rumours....

Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Lego Harry Potter (PS Vita)
    Metrico (PS Vita)

More to come I assume.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Sony were right to turn them down, if they start allowing services like this then it wouldn't be long before Ubisoft and the likes follow suit which really would devalue PS+
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Sony have devalued PS+ by refusing to allow one publisher/developer to charge half the price of PS+ for a similar service with a more restricted catalogue???
    :confused:

I say well done Sony for telling them where to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Metrico (PS Vita)

More to come I assume.

And....

Fez (PS4)
    Proteus (PS3)
    Possibly Dragons Crown (PS Vita) instead of Harry Potter, depending on region.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    So Sony have devalued PS+ by refusing to allow one publisher/developer to charge half the price of PS+ for a similar service with a more restricted catalogue???
    :confused:

I say well done Sony for telling them where to go.

Let's be honest, Sony saying no to EA has nothing to do with PS+. It has EVERYTHING to do with PS Now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Metrico (PS Vita)

More to come I assume.
    And....

Fez (PS4)
    Proteus (PS3)

So more indie for PS4. I don't wholly mind Indie, but I despise these "lets make games that look like they were made in the early 90s!" type games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Metrico (PS Vita)

And....

Fez (PS4)
    Proteus (PS3)

Disappointing if true :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Let's be honest, Sony saying no to EA has nothing to do with PS+. It has EVERYTHING to do with PS Now.

IMHO PS Now is really all about other devices rather than the Playstation itself. The ability to stream games to all kinds of devices like SmartTVs and Set top boxes is really where it will shine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed

Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Fez (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Proteus (PS3)
    Metrico (PS Vita)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh..
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,276
    Forum Member

Road Not Taken (PS4)
    Crysis 3 (PS3)
    Metrico (PS Vita)

More to come I assume.
    And....

Fez (PS4)
    Proteus (PS3)

Confirmed - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/30/new-ps-plus-august-road-taken-crysis-3-fez/?emcid=social_20140730_28761506

What a load of rubbish. Knew the initial PS3 rumour would be too good to be true. I'll give Crysis 3 a go, (eventually), even though it's not usually my thing, but I've checked out that Proteus on youtube and I won't even both putting it on the download list. I don't want to play a game that looks like it was created in Microsoft Paint.