Options

Do they still sell "Cans" of milk?

a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the late 80s/early 90s you could buy cans of milk on local newsagents. they were the size and shape of redbull cans and in the chilled area.
Whatever happened to them?, does anyone remember them?, do they still sell them?

Comments

• Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember those. The body of the can was actually plastic and the top was metal with a ring pull. They contained UHT milk so weren't the best!

Haven't seen them for years.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Evaporated milk? Hell, yes. Tastes awful though, even make tea and coffee taste awful. Milk of last resort.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Evaporated milk? Hell, yes. Tastes awful though, even make tea and coffee taste awful. Milk of last resort.
    No, it was regular (UHT) milk, not condensed or evapourated.

I think it was a fad for novelty value. I don't remember them being around for long.

I remember buying on when on holiday and my mam moaned at me why I didn't pay the same price for a bottle of milk with twice the volume :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remembered after you said the "can" part was plastic, not seen them in years either.
    As for evaporatd milk I love it over fruit, more so than cream, would rather have black tea than use it in that though.
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    I remembered after you said the "can" part was plastic, not seen them in years either.
    As for evaporatd milk I love it over fruit, more so than cream, would rather have black tea than use it in that though.

The ones they sold where I was were a metal can it was identical as a redbull can with a ring pull no parts were plastic
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    No, it was regular (UHT) milk, not condensed or evapourated.

Not sure what kind of milk it was but it was refridgerated and had about a month max use by date. It actually tasted good.
  • Options
    Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member