Options

10-year old model in French Vogue

Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau

Just seen this on This Morning. The Human Barbie woman (the one who's given her 7 year old a voucher for a future boob job) is being very, very rude to a representative from a family charity for asking why children cannot just be children, instead of sexualising them. Of course Human Barbie loves the photos and says she'd love it if it were her child in French Voggue :rolleyes:

No doubt beautiful photographs, but wow, how inappropriate?

Comments

• Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    OMG only 10? that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it creepy, yes she looks pretty but I find it creepy that a 10 year-old was made up to look so grown-up. And before anyone says "but kids love playing with their mum's make-up and dressing up in her clothes", there's a difference between a kid dressing up as an adult for fun and a kid being made-up to look adult. They could've easily organised a photo spread without having to cake her face in make up!
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    The Human Barbie woman (the one who's given her 7 year old a voucher for a future boob job)

WHAT THE HELL?! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    it's wrong wrong wrong just wrong!!!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I'm no prudey Mcprude but saw the ad and that is just wrong :mad: She looks far older than 10 and what is a child doing in an adult fashion magazine FFS?
    Very inappropriate IMO :o I'm sure she's a pretty little girl but theres no need to make her look so adult.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And where are her parents?
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And where are her parents?

Busy spending the money she is earning I expect.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to catch this extremely rude person getting interviewed.
    I think the picture of the little girl is disgusting and provocative looking. Okay, little girls adore dressing up especially using their mummy's clothes but hey, this is way, way over the top.
    I really can't understand her parents allowing the photo shoot to take place. As for the person who thinks it's normal to portray a 10 year old like this, she needs to look long and hard at herself, she should feel ashamed IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I happened to catch this extremely rude person getting interviewed.
    I think the picture of the little girl is disgusting and provocative looking. Okay, little girls adore dressing up especially using their mummy's clothes but hey, this is way, way over the top.
    I really can't understand her parents allowing the photo shoot to take place. As for the person who thinks it's normal to portray a 10 year old like this, she needs to look long and hard at herself, she should feel ashamed IMO.

The fact that she said the people who found this inappropriate are the the one's with the problem, I found quite creepy:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather uncomfortable watching, she proceeded to say she would be more afraid of visiting a church. Clearly a very disturbed fame seeker that does not care for the protection of children, she should seek help.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather uncomfortable watching, she proceeded to say she would be more afraid of visiting a church. Clearly a very disturbed fame seeker that does not care for the protection of children, she should seek help.

I agree, it was very uncomfortable. I was cringing listening to her. I admire Ruth and Eamon for putting up with the way she spoke to them, especially Eamon. I would have just asked her to leave the studio. I was expecting that to happen to be honest. How the other lady didn't hit her , I'll never know.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the child's parents are a footballer and model, but I'm not sure about the latter.

It is disgraceful. As is giving air time to that stupid woman and her stupid ideas, because there is always someone listening/reading who thinks it is a great idea.

The ten year old should be modelling 10 year old things (if they have to model at all) not things designed for women (and not just for the child's sake but for the stupid women who look at that child's body and think "I must look like that!"). However beautiful this child is (and she is heart-stoppingly gorgeous) she is a beautiful child, and should be treated as such.

That idiot on good morning is just contemptible, and should be banished from the media.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you dont like it, dont buy the magazine... oh its only available in france.
    this effects the uk moral brigade how?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjm wrote: »
    if you dont like it, dont buy the magazine... oh its only available in france.
    this effects the uk moral brigade how?

How does our not liking it effect you? We have as much right to comment on this as you do, us.

See how that works?
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep wondering if she leaves the studio and turns to her dolly and pram to play.... Id doubt it...what kind of parents allow this to happen to a child..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does our not liking it effect you? We have as much right to comment on this as you do, us.

See how that works?

yes, but wanting something presumably banned because you dont like it goes beyond just having an oppinion, its forcing it onto others.
    vogue are going to have all the protection in place to ensure no one is getting hurt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, but wanting something presumably banned because you dont like it goes beyond just having an oppinion, its forcing it onto others.
    vogue are going to have all the protection in place to ensure no one is getting hurt.

She is a child. Vogue should not be using 10 year olds to advertise women's clothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a child. in my oppinion Vogue should not be using 10 year olds to advertise women's clothing.

edited ;)
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, right up the DM's street. Has anyone ever seen those American TV shows about child beauty pageants? Far, far more disturbing yet seen as perfectly acceptable. Nothing against children doing modelling but it is a bit creepy to have them done up like adults complete with sex object posing and vacant stare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited ;)

Two things, I shouldn't have to state it's my opinion, when I am clearly typing my opinion. I assume those reading have enough intelligence to understand that, and respond in kind. Otherwise the debate is a little lame.

Secondly, if you are going to add to my posts, at least spell correctly. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    Lol, right up the DM's street. Has anyone ever seen those American TV shows about child beauty pageants? Far, far more disturbing yet seen as perfectly acceptable. Nothing against children doing modelling but it is a bit creepy to have them done up like adults complete with sex object posing and vacant stare.

I watched one the other day. Some housewife berating her 2 year old (who was in a hair piece, a £100 swim suit and enough make up to shame a drag queen) for not performing in a way that made mommy happy. The pageant turned out to be a huge scam $375 entrance fee per child all for nothing.

Apparently it is very common, but they all still keep going.

Awful things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched one the other day. Some housewife berating her 2 year old (who was in a hair piece, a £100 swim suit and enough make up to shame a drag queen) for not performing in a way that made mommy happy. The pageant turned out to be a huge scam $375 entrance fee per child all for nothing.

Apparently it is very common, but they all still keep going.

Awful things.

I saw that episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. (My husband says he is going to call Social Services on me if I keep watching it!) It was awful.

As for this Vogue thing, I don't know what to think. Is it sexualising? Maybe. Maybe not. People that get off on little girls don't usually get off on them looking like grown women.

Is it art? Maybe. Maybe not. Vogue does offer up fashion as art. The little girl is stunningly beautiful, but then most little girls are pretty and they don't need to be caked in make up.

The whole thing makes me feel a bit uneasy, so it probably isn't right, in my opinion. It's less about the sexualisation and more about a child being used for her beauty and everything that goes along with that. You wouldn't see a 10 year old boy done up like an adult male.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Tom Ford not responsible for these photos or the editorial of this? Big mistake in my opinion on his part. 10 years old for christ's sake, let kids be kids!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why it's a huge big deal. All I see (not here I accept) is people finding any possible sexual reference in the photos and suggesting it's all intentional and part of some sinister plot.

I'm not sure what's brought this story back to the surface.. this all happened 10 months ago. And it wasn't just one girl it was a number of different girls.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wouldn't see a 10 year old boy done up like an adult male.

http://www.visit4ads.com/advert/Velvet-Toilet-Tissue-Baby-Executive-Velvet-Toilet-Tissue/29816
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 months ago? Lol, that'll piss off the pedos that are getting ready to head out to tesco.:p

Those pics are bloody weird btw. Why can't they let kids be kids.

If someone found a stash of pics like that on your harddrive, you'd get some weird looks. Now this shit is in vogue magazine? I guess it's ok then,