Shelly?!? WHY AND HOW?!?

leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why has Sharon put Shelly through? yes she can sing but she is cringyworthy and common and trashy...She made us all shudder and cringe with her performance. Truly shocked and disappointed in Sharon. Out of the two it should have been Joseph. Sharon has no chance of winning now

Comments

• lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I aree but for she can sing,she is a trashy pub singer at best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever heard of the saying "fodder"?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever heard of the saying "fodder"?

Or perhaps she was the best they could come up with for a joke act in the lives
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys, she is going to be electric on the lives, won't win, but will entertain.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shelley knocked it out the park in the arena. She has real stage presence and gave memorable performances. She and Sam are memorable week to week and will hoover up a lot of votes between them.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope she is out on the first week. She is awful. I won't say what she reminds me of. Why on earth she got through is beyond me. :confused:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady*tara wrote: »
    I aree but for she can sing,she is a trashy pub singer at best.

True, though I'd say the same for Sam too.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shelly is stunning. <3
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is bubbly, outgoing, a bit eccentric, earthy, and unpretentious.Her personality is entertaining, and she is this year's "pub singer". Every year, they have at least one, probably in part to feed the illusion that someone with raw talent can walk in off the street, audition, and have a ready-made career in music with no more than karaoke and maybe some open mics as experience.

To be fair, she does have a good,solid if untrained voice, and sometimes, I find myself being impressed with the way she approaches parts of songs. I understand why they want her in the lives, and I think she'd go over really well working as a cruise ship feature performer in the future, at the very least. She may even surprise us, if she can find the right niche . I think a quirky semi-jazz retro thing could work for her, myself, especially acoustic. The cheesy backings with midi drum tracks they've given her are part of the disadvantage she currently has.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Sam and Shelley both through, I predict an overload of divorcee karaoke classics like 'I will survive' 'young hearts' and 'respect' accompanied by air punches and plenty of 'you go girls' from Sharon
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    Last year there was a Facebook campaign asking for Joseph to be bought back - why not this year?

I'm disappointed she's through, especially after Sharon said that she had all these bad habits. Surely having a 'limited' voice is at the very least better than that?
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Common"? "Trashy"?

Sounds like the reason some people don't want her is good, old fashioned class snobbery.
  • WayfarersWayfarers Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    "Common"? "Trashy"?

Sounds like the reason some people don't want her is good, old fashioned class snobbery.

Hmmm, I doubt the X Factor's viewing demographic or this forum's members are going to be made up of the Vanderbilts or the Windsors. Maybe people are just bored with the joke acts which is what Shelley is this year tbh. Shelley for her part does the whole "ooh awr" Devon lass schtick probably because she has no real identity so its better to fit the 'dopey bird' catergory that proves popular ever year- Stacey Solomon has turned it into a nice little earner.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She's a pub singer - I don't know how she managed to get this far - the others must have been rubbish in this category.

She'll be voted off first - unless someone else forgets their words and has a car crash first performance. She may scrape through because she can belt out a song - the others might struggle with some of the daft themes.
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Last year there was a Facebook campaign asking for Joseph to be bought back - why not this year?

I'm disappointed she's through, especially after Sharon said that she had all these bad habits. Surely having a 'limited' voice is at the very least better than that?

Joseph would surely get more votes every week than Shelly will? It's mostly women who vote isn't it and no-one will vote for her except her family/friends.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joseph would surely get more votes every week than Shelly will? It's mostly women who vote isn't it and no-one will vote for her except her family/friends.

Or other chubby, divorced women who think she's representing them
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Or other chubby, divorced women who think she's representing them

I think they'd have more taste!
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Shelley being the act that everyone wants to go home but survives until like week 6/7 .
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    She's the joke act for the year, plain and simple.

That said, it makes a very refreshing change having a joke act that can really sing (Johnny Robinson could, too, but Louis barely ever let him).

It's nowt to do with class snobbery (hell, Shelley probably looks like aristocracy compared to me), but she really drives me up the wall with all those stupid faces she pulls, the daft "raunchy" moves, and the "quirkiness" she demonstrates in interviews.

She'll be dressed up in silly sequined dresses, given hordes of topless musclemen backing dancers carrying her in on a dfs sofa or something each week, and she'll kareoke her way through cheesy disco faux-empowerment anthems until the judges pull the whole "the competition is getting serious now, it's just your time" line and shaft her off, with any chance of her having a career completely ruined by the fact that she's now seen as a joke.

But, eh, she's a better singer than most joke acts, so...
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Better her than crying man with a kid.

Although the little dark haired girl was good too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is fake. She said there are no palm trees in Devon. Torbay is full of palm trees.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    She said there are no palm trees in Devon. Torbay is full of palm trees.

I thought that too :o:D
  • Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was alright - she's got a pretty good voice. I just hope they don't humiliate her on the live shows. No doubt she will be trussed up in an unflattering outfit and made to sing 'It's Raining Men' - then she'll be told that she isn't 'relevant'.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelly will give a performance each week, doubt Joseph would do the same & suspect I would grow bored of his limited vocals. Now if he took his shirt off, I would be a very happy girl, but it's the X Factor, not the Phewooooarh Factor :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She represents much of the voting public! :D

People were saying 'no joke act this year?' well here she is.