Options

Why are people so paranoid about being filmed?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was filming an event, when a person walked in front of me, I had already been filming for two minutes, and then preceded to wave his hand at the camera asking me not to film him.

I just pretended I had not heard him.

Comments

• Options
    glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Good it sounds like he wanted you to film him...;)*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Good it sounds like he wanted you to film him...;)*

It just wound me up a bit that he walked in front after I already started.

If you don't want to be filmed don't walk in front of the camera.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    As a photographer I get this a lot, I could be photographing busy street scenes and some eejit will come up to me and say, youd better not be filiming my child!!! Sadly some people are stupid enough to think... mmm camera = paedophile !!!

BTW Im a femaile in my forties with two teenagers
  • Options
    McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    I was filming an event, when a person walked in front of me, I had already been filming for two minutes, and then preceded to wave his hand at the camera asking me not to film him.

I just pretended I had not heard him.

A criminal on the run most likely. He probably followed you home, took note of your address and will be back later.

If you hear breaking glass and footsteps in the middle of the night - just pretend you haven't heard them.
  • Options
    glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D telll him you will charge him next, time is money :p

*To the grand Studio.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

Sell your story to the Daily Mail. He must have been an illegal immigrant who didn't want to be photographed!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call it paranoia. Some people just don't like to be filmed. They can't help it. Just like you can't seem to help not caring one iota about anyone's feelings other than your own.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't liked to be filmed. I don't even like to be photographed. If I see someone with a camera I walk the other way. It's a bit of a phobia really. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it paranoia. Some people just don't like to be filmed. They can't help it. Just like you can't seem to help not caring one iota about anyone's feelings other than your own.

You don't know me, so don't judge me.:)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking at some old holiday photos from many years ago and in one of them, there was a lady looking at the camera as if to say, what you looking at?:D I never noticed her before as it was just a photo of people dining at a restaurant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Harsh.... nice :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    I was looking at some old holiday photos from many years ago and in one of them, there was a lady looking at the camera as if to say, what you looking at?:D I never noticed her before as it was just a photo of people dining at a restaurant.

That happens to me all the time lol, If I had seen them at the time it would of made me wait till they were gone.
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Get idiots like this around my way too, I take pics of scenery a lot and sometimes at night clubs when a good DJ is on and I get remarks "why are you taking pics of me" errrr maybe dont stand in front of the damn thing then maybe you wouldn't be in shot dumbarse!

The amount of stupidity astounds me sometimes, its simple... dont want to be in a picture then dont stand in front of the camera! *puts tongue to bottom lip* duhhh!!!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm never paranoid about being on film i am on cam4 regularly
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We recorded our gay orgy last week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like being filmed or having my photograph taken, either. So I must have something to hide... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically I have just played the footage back and his head was not even being filmed as it was above the lens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    I don't like being filmed or having my photograph taken, either. So I must have something to hide... :rolleyes:

Well that is fair enough, If someone stands in front of you and starts taking pictures or filming then I think its fine asking them to stop, but if they are already filming and taking photos and you walk in front of them I would just think "bugger off".

:D
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to respect other people's feelings. If they don't want to be filmed then they don't want to be filmed. It's not for you to question their right.
  • Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Anyone filming me without my express permission can expect a slap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Domestos wrote: »

That wasn't what was happening though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are just shy and don't like their photos taken. Not everybody is photogenic and they don't want to made aware of how they look on camera or that there is a photo of them looking awkward out there somewhere.

That and of course the camera can steal souls!
    Seriously don't go to Yemen. They know how to deal with unwanted photographers. They throw stones at them. I had to protect a tourist from a mob of teenage girls who had caught him taking photos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Domestos wrote: »

Please do, it would be in my favour when the police are called and you slapping me is recorded.:D
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Ironically I have just played the footage back and his head was not even being filmed as it was above the lens.

Oh, don't say that! He might be on DS, and now he knows he can't even be identified!

What you should have said was "I have just played the footage back and ... OMG ... now I know why he didn't want to be filmed!!!" :eek:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to respect other people's feelings. If they don't want to be filmed then they don't want to be filmed. It's not for you to question their right.

I think that's fine, but don't walk in front of a camera.:D