Sam only supporting Beyonce for one night

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    I'd imagine she will be singing a couple of covers to an empty arena as people are either in the bar or haven't arrived yet.

"One Night Only" could feature in Sam's song-list.

edit: Just noticed that the poster above beat me to it!:D
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether you have ever been to a gig or if you have, how many.

I have been to dozens and you would be amazed at how many people buy tickets for a Metallica gig only so that they can see the support act.

A lot of acts will never have their own headlining tour and quite often, buying tickets in this manner is the only way to see them live.

Maybe people do buy tickets to see the supporting act, I'll have to take your word on that, but i still think its a bit far fetched to assume that people will buyexpensive beyonce tickets to see sam bailey. Especially when they can go and see her on the xf tour....
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While this may be true, Beyonce is at the pinnacle of her career right now, everyone in the world knows who she is, and she tours rarely, especially in the UK.

Whereas Sam Bailey is a reality TV show contestant who's only been on the radar if at all for three or four months. Literally. She wasnt a singer before, was she? She's not going to have had a small local fanbase following her from her humble beginnings; she was a prison officer before this.

Its not like she's a small local band who's worked her way up the industry and can now play with a big star and people will buy tickets to celebrate this success. Add to that Beyonce tickets are prohibitively expensive for a casual fan; its extremely unlikely that people have bought tickets for Beyonce - which sold out very quickly, by the way - just in order to see Sam Bailey's support slot.

Its not really comparing like with like.

Yes she sang before becoming a prison officer and whilst being a prison officer. I am on a facebook page where there are 13000 people on it and many many of those people are huge supporters of her. She has far more fans than you could ever dream of ( and no im not one as such )
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Maybe people do buy tickets to see the supporting act, I'll have to take your word on that, but i still think its a bit far fetched to assume that people will buyexpensive beyonce tickets to see sam bailey. Especially when they can go and see her on the xf tour....

I'm no Beyonce fan but the idea that you would buy a ticket for a Beyonce concert to see Sam Bailey just seems utterly ridiculous.