What If a Hamas Rocket Hit a BA Plane? Asks The Mail

JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2705042/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-What-Hamas-rocket-hit-BA-plane.html

And why are there no demonstrations against Iran and Qatar?

An interesting take on the global jihad.

Comments

• nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably it would have to be a SAM captured from Israel, or simply an "accident" by Israel.

It would also be a good opportunity for false flag conspiracy theories.

It's not as if both sides of the Israel / Palestine conflict have the same level of weaponry, unlike Ukraine vs Ukraine.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a british plane was downed it would put further pressure on the british muslims creating more devide and un rest. It would be a PR disaster for Hamas and the west would loose any sympathy it had!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know RyanAir stretch the definition of London a bit far, but I didn't know Hamas could hit planes in Gatwick.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Presumably it would have to be a SAM captured from Israel, or simply an "accident" by Israel.

It would also be a good opportunity for false flag conspiracy theories.

It's not as if both sides of the Israel / Palestine conflict have the same level of weaponry, unlike Ukraine vs Ukraine.

He did specify "coming in to land", so a Strela would get the job done, and wouldn't be surprised if there were a good few of those in circulation. Even a dumb rocket explodind on the ground beneath the flight path would do if the timing and altitude were wrong. No argument on the potential for conspiracy theories if something of the sort were to happen, tbough.
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the great British public would do as they always do with the Israel-Palestine conflict...sympathize and excuse Hamas while blaming their victims. And blame Israel of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought. Imagine a rabidly pro-Palestinian, anti-Israeli guy joined DS and called himself The 13th Doctor. Our arguments would be wierd.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume the great British public would do as they always do with the Israel-Palestine conflict...sympathize and excuse Hamas while blaming their victims. And blame Israel of course.

Israel has been playing the victim card for 70 years, it's wearing very thin now.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Explain the difference.
    Paramilitaries fire a missile which brings down a civilian airliner over Ukraine.
    They are widely condemned as murderous gangsters and war criminals who must be hunted down and brought to justice.
    Another ruthless gang of paramilitaries fire missiles at a civilian airport in Israel.

Thousands of protesters march through Whitehall in central London, to call for an end to Israeli military action in Gaza
    They are hailed as heroic ‘resistance fighters’ and receive widespread support in the West.
    Let’s just imagine, for a moment, that a rocket fired from Gaza had hit a plane coming in to land at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv.
    What if a British Airways jet had been brought down over Israel, with a similar loss of life to the 298 people who perished on Malaysian flight MH17?
    Would it still be considered appropriate to hold yet another march through London this weekend, waving banners proclaiming ‘We are all Hamas now’?
    Protestors take to the streets outside London's Israeli Embassy

At least 17 people climbed on top of the London bus during a protest in London earlier this month
    Look, let me make one thing absolutely clear: what’s happening in Gaza is a terrible tragedy, especially the deaths of non-combatants. No one with a shred of humanity can fail to be disturbed by the plight of innocent children caught in the crossfire.
    No, what depresses me is the one-sided apportioning of blame, the idea that Israel is the ‘aggressor’ in this conflict.
    Everyone says they want an immediate ceasefire. Israel wants a ceasefire. But that will only occur when Hamas stops using Gaza as a launchpad to fire thousands of rockets aimed deliberately at killing Israeli civilians. Hamas has made it clear that isn’t going to happen.
    Some people seem to think that because Israel has pretty effective air defences, it should absorb the pain and not retaliate.
    Israel shelters behind sophisticated technology. Hamas hides behind women and children, in schools, hospitals and mosques.
    Yet, as far as its useful idiots in Britain and Europe are concerned, Israel is the only one guilty of ‘war crimes’, no matter how many precautions it takes to avoid innocent deaths.
    Hamas has no regard for human life, on either side. Every death is a propaganda victory, amplified by gullible sympathisers in the Western media.
    But there is rarely any condemnation of this cynical campaign of terror, or of its oil-rich sponsors who want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
    Is Iran going to stop supplying weapons to Hamas? No. Is Qatar going to stop bankrolling terrorism? What do you think?
    Crowds lined the main road in Kensington High Street, preventing any vehicles from using the road.

Crowds lined the main road in Kensington High Street, preventing any vehicles from using the road
    So where are the demonstrations against Iran and Qatar? Come to that, where are the marches against Islamist slaughter in Syria and kidnapped schoolgirls in Africa?
    Or, for that matter, the mass protests against Russia’s annexation of Crimea or Putin’s sponsorship of terrorism in Ukraine?
    Precisely.
    The Stop The War crowd are myopically selective in their indignation.
    They’ll overlook all manner of atrocities in the Muslim world and in the former Soviet bloc, but become incandescent with fury when Israel exercises its inalienable right to self-defence.
    Underlying all this is a nasty streak of anti-semitism, the unholy alliance between the self-styled ‘liberal’ Left and stone-age Muslim headbangers, which I exposed in a Channel 4 documentary a few years ago.
    Fortunately, it hasn’t manifested itself as violently in this country as it has on the Continent, where it is never far from the surface — especially in France.
    The Israeli ambassador in Berlin has compared the level of anti-Semitism to 1938.

Despite the traffic jams and large crowds, police said the protest was largely peaceful as a whole
    But indiscriminate anti-Jewish sentiment is rising in Britain.
    Security has been stepped up at Jewish schools and synagogues.
    A shop in Manchester, for instance, is targeted by pro-Hamas demonstrators every day because it sells some goods made in Israel.
    Again, though, this is knee-jerk stuff. There’s no consistency.
    Protesters call for a boycott of Israel, but they’re not prepared to throw away their mobile phones, laptops and satellite set-top boxes which would be useless without Israeli technology.
    They’re like the ‘anti-globalisation’ crowd, kitted out in Nike trainers, sipping skinny lattes from Starbucks and organising riots on iPhones. The absurd contradictions are lost on them.
    Most of this is mindless posturing, unthinking exhibitionism, part of the modern curse of everyone living in their own movie. They all want to be in on the act, complete with fetching intifada scarf as fashion accessory.
    There’s no calm analysis, no sober examination of the facts, just an incontinent outpouring of sentiment and emotion.
    They can twist anything to suit their warped world view. We’ve even had a sitting Lib Dem MP, David Ward, announcing that he’d be firing rockets if he lived in Gaza.
    Perhaps he’d like to do us all a favour and move there.
    I keep wondering if we could ever win a conventional war these days.
    You can just imagine the ‘We Are All Hamas Now’ crowd in 1944, marching on Downing Street.
    Even as the doodlebugs were raining down on London, they’d be screaming that the D-Day invasion was ‘a disproportionate use of force’, wringing their hands over civilian casualties in Berlin and demanding that Churchill was prosecuted for war crimes.
    Yet among the gormless rent-a-mob, there are dangerous people who wish not just Israel but all of us serious harm.
    They’re the same hardliners who cheered as the planes hit the Twin Towers, who justified the London Transport bombings and want to impose Sharia law in Britain.
    Israel is in the frontline of global jihad, but we’re on the list, too.
    It’s all very well to lament that Israel is losing the battle for world opinion.
    But Israel is fighting a real war, not a propaganda war, one that it can’t afford to lose.
    And what if a rocket fired at Ben Gurion airport had hit a British Airways plane, killing all the passengers on board?
    Does anyone seriously believe that Hamas would have genuinely regretted the innocent loss of civilian life, despite the widespread support it receives in Britain?
    Of course not. We are all infidels now.

I don't like Littlejohn, but I have to agree, the Palestinians and the surrounding Muslim 'Brotherhood' won't find peace until Israel is wiped off this planet.

Islam will never make peace with Judaism.

It won't make peace with itself in many Countries.

Islam is a very dangerous ideology which will have to be addressed soon by the west.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    What the hell is this? If my auntie had testicles she'd be be my uncle, but so what?

This is whataboutery of the highest order and utter cobblers.

Does Littlejohn still bemoan the state of his beloved England whilst writing his articles from the gated community he lives in, in Florida?

You'd think he'd know a fair bit about apartheid.
    Forum Member
    Oh, and Mr Littlejohn, you clearly don't understand that one does not have to be Jewish to be a Zionist. The old anti Semite card is a little tired. Palestinians are Semites too, and most Israelis are of European descent. Just ask many of the London based Jewish men and women who will be marching today.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Littlejohn just trying to create some hysteria.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    I don't like Littlejohn, but I have to agree, the Palestinians and the surrounding Muslim 'Brotherhood' won't find peace until Israel is wiped off this planet.

Islam will never make peace with Judaism.

It won't make peace with itself in many Countries.

Islam is a very dangerous ideology which will have to be addressed soon by the west.

I agree with you.
    Forum Member
    How is it going to be "addressed" exactly? Given that it's the fastest growing religion in the world.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Richard Littlejohn just trying to create some hysteria.

He didn't create this hysteria, he's just reporting on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKX7-ePUc8
    Forum Member
    He's not reporting. He's voicing an opinion. On things that haven't happened and almost certainly never will.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    He didn't create this hysteria, he's just reporting on it.

Religion against religion in 2014 is causing this, not some hacks opinion on who did what.

I wouldn't trust Littlejohn as far as I could spit. After all, he works for the trashy Daily Mail.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if the UN actually followed up on their resolutions and held each side to account for their actions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Israel has been playing the victim card for 70 years, it's wearing very thin now.

Palestinians have played the victim card just as long but they are the aggressors, and they are the ones putting each other in the line of fire. That wore thin even longer ago.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Futurenoir wrote: »
    What the hell is this? If my auntie had testicles she'd be be my uncle, but so what?

This is whataboutery of the highest order and utter cobblers.

Does Littlejohn still bemoan the state of his beloved England whilst writing his articles from the gated community he lives in, in Florida?

You'd think he'd know a fair bit about apartheid.

Littlejohn still lives in London.

You may be thinking of Stephen Fry who left to live in America some years ago because he hated the British.

Or maybe Polly Toynbee who lives in Tuscany?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Littlejohn still lives in London.

You may be thinking of Stephen Fry who left to live in America some years ago because he hated the British.

Or maybe Polly Toynbee who lives in Tuscany?

He has a home in London but spends most of the year in his Florida home. It's well known and has been reported on many times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a home in London but spends most of the year in his Florida home. It's well known and has been reported on many times.

That's what mobs of Left-wingers keep claiming on the internet.

Littlejohn actually lives in London and is still a season ticket holder at Spurs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    That's what mobs of Left-wingers keep claiming on the internet.

Littlejohn actually lives in London and is still a season ticket holder at Spurs.

He has said himself he spends much of the year in Florida though. :confused:

His Wikipedia page also states it too.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2705042/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-What-Hamas-rocket-hit-BA-plane.html

And why are there no demonstrations against Iran and Qatar?

An interesting take on the global jihad.

Those rockets hardly do any damage. It can't even crack a pavement.

More sensationalism from the Daily Mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has said himself he spends much of the year in Florida though. :confused:

His Wikipedia page also states it too.

Wikipedia? :D

That will probably be the darling of the Left Johann Hari under his sockpuppet name.

Last I heard HE was living in America.