Options

Phillip Schofield's rudeness on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Lord Schofe is still AWOL from Twitter, maybe he needs a few more days of people fawning over him & begging for his return before he makes a grand return.

Slightly off topic but the pleasure I get from watching him cringe when anyone mentions Gordon the Gopher is just great!
    You weren't always a "Mega Star" Philip!

Maybe he should have a little humility and appreciate that the Broom Cupboard days were actually the best thing he ever did TV wise. Nothing to be ashamed of Pip!:p;)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but the pleasure I get from watching him cringe when anyone mentions Gordon the Gopher is just great!
    You weren't always a "Mega Star" Philip!

Ah, yes. It seems to be a bit of a tetchy subject for Lord Schofe.

Gordon was always the brains of the machine. :D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I like him, and enjoy his tweets quite amusing

I agree. I seem to be in the minority but I like him and enjoy watching him on This Morning and DOI - so there!!! :)
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    EssexLady wrote: »
    I agree. I seem to be in the minority but I like him and enjoy watching him on This Morning and DOI - so there!!! :)

You are Phillip Schofield and I claim my £5! :D
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently "it had always been a dream of his". Really!?! The man works in broadcasting, how informative could the whole thing have been? The IAC backstage facilities are basically the same as Big Brother's but with more trees. He could've saved himself the jet lag and airfare and caught the bus to Borehamwood. :rolleyes:

I know, when he went to Australia I assumed he would be filming a piece for This Morning. Instead he took a few photo's to put on his official website and that was it. I can hardly see the point in his going there really? I do remember that he tweeted a photograph of his full English breakfast one morning:yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do remember that he tweeted a photograph of his full English breakfast one morning:yawn::sleep:

For which, picking up on the point made in teenagemartyr's post he could also have gone to Borehamwood for :D .

I bet there were a few middle aged women gagging for a glimpse of his burnt sausage that day...:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    I bet there were a few middle aged women gagging for a glimpse of his burnt sausage that day...:cool:

:eek:
    / | \

Well, it's funny you should mention that actually...
    http://twitter.com/#!/xx198/status/38926413939609600

http://twitter.com/#!/Schofe/status/38927935616327680

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok ok ok, I can kind of see where the majority of you are coming from but I do think you're being a little bit unkind on poor old Pip.

Firstly, the Twitter thing. During his little outburst last week I had a quick nose at some of the people who had been tagging him. I also had a look at the other people these people had and they'd basically being messaging loads of celebs/zelebs and slagging off - obviously to get a reaction. My take at the time was maybe PS had seen what kind of people they were and that his tweets were aimed at them :confused: I could be completely wrong and yes, for him to get one message with slight negative connotations and to then rant is a little bit of an overreation; but some of the people on Twitter are d*cks and seem to think asking celebs ridiculous questions and provoking them is clever so from the couple of Tweets I saw I have to say I can understand him. Again though, I have to reiterate that I only saw a few of the bad tweets.

I think the asking people to go on DOI is just a little joke, I really don't think he really believes the likes of Michael Buble or Bette Midler are going to go on. Have some of you had a sense of humour bypass? It's not the best joke in the world but if he annoys you so much why watch :confused:

Likewise his tweets about The Cube - loads of celebs use Twitter to sell their wares. Why should he be any different? I don't think it's arrogance that leads you to talk about your programme on a social networking site, surely it's the intelligent thing to do to promote yourself? Is that not what every other celeb is doing on there?

Reading this thread is really interesting though, I always thought PS was a happy little chappy but I must admit some of the negative things that have been said do kind of ring true. I love Holly Willoughby, somebody earlier insinuated that Philip refused to work with any older co-presenters which is complete b*llocks, he would never in a million years get away with that! I know what people mean about Holly being submissive to him but I have to say, since the start of this series she has started to take the lead more. I think it's very noticeable so is clearly some kind of directive from the powers that be.

And finally - the ancient rumour about him and Jason Donavon....true or not true ;) ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the_phoo wrote: »
    And finally - the ancient rumour about him and Jason Donavon....true or not true ;) ?

Oooh what *alleged* rumours are these? :eek::D:p

Please private message me with all of the *alleged* gossip... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    / | \

Well, it's funny you should mention that actually...
    http://twitter.com/#!/xx198/status/38926413939609600

http://twitter.com/#!/Schofe/status/38927935616327680

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek:

That's just..... words fail me!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek:

That's just..... words fail me!!

I feel sorry for the poor man who asked Phillip Schofield to see his penis. He is clearly going through some psychotic mental breakdown with hints of a sexual identity crisis.

This is the only way to describe such desperate behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's back today.

Eamon and Ruth did This Morning today because it's half term and Eamon is the total opposite of Phil, he could barely hide his contempt for DOI:D Made quite a refreshing change actually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can say what you like about Eamonn, but with him there's none of this crawling around people. and brown nosing. He says what he is thinking, when he is thinking it - and it makes for a good laugh on occasions when he is doing 'This Morning'. His other half Ruth, seems to cringe a lot though when he does it.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is something refreshing about Eamonn's honesty at times, although I realise his cutting sarcasm isn't popular with everybody - not least Ruth!! It just makes a change from the usual TV luvvies cosying up and telling each other how great it all is.

DOI is an abysmal programme, but of course nobody would dare be negative about it whenever Lord Schofe is around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky7 wrote: »
    Yes, you can say what you like about Eamonn, but with him there's none of this crawling around people. and brown nosing. He says what he is thinking, when he is thinking it - and it makes for a good laugh on occasions when he is doing 'This Morning'. His other half Ruth, seems to cringe a lot though when he does it.

It's worth remembering that Eamon is a proper journalist first and foremost, and it certainly shows;) He can barely hide his contempt for most of the items on This Morning, but when there is a serious item he's always excellent and on the ball.

I actually think that This Morning is better when Eamon and Ruth host it. Their partnership works very well, I still don't know why she didn't get the main gig when Fern left?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear Pip has got the gig covering the Royal wedding. Has he tweeted that yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They've given it to him over respected journalists and news presenters?!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh Christ! :eek: Another reason not to watch!
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical ITV to "ITV" the royal wedding with him presenting. I suppose it was either him or Ant and Dec. :rolleyes: I bet they will throw a £1.50 phone in competition and advertise it every 5 minutes too

Who is William Marrying today?
    A. A Chicken
    B. Kate Middleton
    C. A Tortoise
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical ITV to "ITV" the royal wedding with him presenting. I suppose it was either him or Ant and Dec. :rolleyes: I bet they will throw a £1.50 phone in competition and advertise it every 5 minutes too

Who is William Marrying today?
    A. A Chicken
    B. Kate Middleton
    C. A Tortoise

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Peter Andre on ITV2 grabbing the guests for a chat as they leave the Abbey :rolleyes:
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get Peter Andre on ITV2 grabbing the guests for a chat as they leave the Abbey :rolleyes:
    I'm picturing him doing this My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding style and getting a wallop for his troubles :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh god we'll never hear the end of it on this morning.
    I bet they'll introduce a royal wedding special on, too :rolleyes:

'Did i ever tell you the time i was there when william and kate got married??'

Whilst tweeting pics of the event.

LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol nice one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Turn over to ITV2 now to see Peter Andre getting the exclusive back stage gossip from the Abbey":D:D:D

Honestly, ITV wonder why no one takes them seriously? The Beeb and Sky will have proper news reporters there. People like Hugh Edwards and David Dimbleby. ITV on the other hand wheel out Schofield:rolleyes: