Options

Coronation Street - Why are Tracy Barlow and Todd Grimshaw so vile?!

124»

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried but I couldn't see anything but jealousy, bitterness and desperation in Shirley.

Pretty much agree with you. In fact I find it hard to find anybody in the history of Soap with less redeeming characteristics.
  • Options
    pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I think he is more like 28 or 29 as didn't he leave to go to University in 2004 so he'd have been 18. Or did he do one year locally before transferring to London for his 2nd year? Jason has just turned 31 and I think there is 2 or 3 years betweem them.

I didn't think it was that he couldn't do serious when talkimg about Billy so much as Todd wasn't being sincere. He was using it to manipulate Marcus so the delivery was suitably stilted - if he'd been talking from the heart I think Langley would have played it quite differently.

To be devils advocate I can see why Street Cars didn't work out. Yes, you should give any jobb your all no matter how dull but Todd is very, very clever and must have been bored out of his skull working on switch. And as Eileen says, when he's bored, he makes trouble. That isn't an admirable character quality but it is one I understand. If he had a job which stretched him mentally he'd probably be a lot happier, work harder at it and wouldn't stir just for the sake of it. But we don't fully know what happened to cause him to lose the fairly good job he did have in London.

looks like he is 29 1/2 he was born 13 jan 1985 http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Todd_Grimshaw
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's how they are written, as far as I know, neither has experienced anything to make them that way
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    pattycake wrote: »
    looks like he is 29 1/2 he was born 13 jan 1985 http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Todd_Grimshaw

So he did do one year at university locally (Manchester I assume) before transferring or he deferred for a year. That makes sense - also there being approx 18 months between him and Jason.
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you've utterly failed with Shirley Carter then? That said, I can't think of a single redeeming feature of hers either.

After stealing from Dean she lost a fan. I was on thin ice as it was.
    So he did do one year at university locally (Manchester I assume) before transferring or he deferred for a year. That makes sense - also there being approx 18 months between him and Jason.

Jason and Todd never share worthwhile scenes. I have always loved their relationship minus Sarah Louise Platts constant interference via her vagina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a new job already, lucky him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Todd have a posh boyfriend on his last stint.

I presume Sean doesn't like him because he wont date him?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Tracy on the otherhand returned in 2002 not just with a new head but a totally different personality that came from no where. So her transformation never rang true and I've always felt sorry for poor Dawn Acton. I don't think she deserved it.
    I never did like Tracy's transformation. I think she arrived back on the cobbles on Christmas Day and a few hours was in bed with Dev. But considering her background, her personality transplant was more plausible than Todd's.

Tracy's a bitch, but I do like her catty comments once in a while. Can't say the same about Todd. Still Eileen's mild-mannered boy to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy has actually started stepping up to the plate! She seems to actually care about Peter! She needs more screen time with Simon I reckon or Amy. Tina's words about Amy obviously hit Tracey hard. Rob seems to really want to spend time about Amy.