Options

Paloma Faith No.1 on Australian iTunes

allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Only Love Can Hurt Like This. Brilliant news!

Comments

• Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise she was very well known over there. That's brilliant for her. She's a very talented singer and the song's great.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Only Love Can Hurt Like This. Brilliant news!

Congrats! She deserves a No 1. Will this be her first??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Congrats! She deserves a No 1. Will this be her first??

Won't be #1 this week sadly. Our chart sales week is Friday to Thursday, so I doubt it will be #1 after possibly only 2 days atop the iTunes chart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Won't be #1 this week sadly. Our chart sales week is Friday to Thursday, so I doubt it will be #1 after possibly only 2 days atop the iTunes chart.

This is still a big step for Paloma, I wonder if the song will do anything in the US?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is still a big step for Paloma, I wonder if the song will do anything in the US?

It's a huge step. Her highest charting hits here are Stone Cold Sober & Cant Rely On .you, both I think peaked in the low 40's. So this looks like it'll be headed for the top 10 even top 5.

If a song were to get her a hit in America I think it'd be this.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    I always thought New York was destined to be Paloma's breakthrough hit all over the world but it never really took off.

Only Love Can Hurt Like This is a superb slice of motown flavoured pop and deserves to become a bonafide worldwide hit. I reckon this could well be the song that helps Paloma break the tricky American market.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    it is a great song .... and strangely when released here had little tv or radio play in comparison to her other songs..... but it has surpassed promo and airplay ... some great songs do prevail thankfully amid the poor radio prejudice in the country ....and it is now a radio staple too!
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her biggest hit is yet to come. Sigma's new song "Changing" features her and it's a belter. It'll no doubt be #1 in the UK at least
  • Options
    adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I Really hope she gets noticed more as she has had so many great songs that are just been overlooked.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a great song! Paloma is so talented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is officially No.1 today :D
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Her biggest hit is yet to come. Sigma's new song "Changing" features her and it's a belter. It'll no doubt be #1 in the UK at least

I loath changing. But i bet it'll be number 1 cos of its contemporary sound.
    But anyway- congress on the No1
    She deserves it.
    Is this her 1st No1??
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I didn't realise she was very well known over there. That's brilliant for her. She's a very talented singer and the song's great.

I don't think she is actually.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »

She isn't actually. Apparently OLCHLT is her first top 50 single there, let alone number 1. :o

It was used in an advert for a show I think, which gave it exposure.

I honestly think this could be her big breakthrough in the U.S. It could be her Stay With Me.