Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't defend him. I've acknowledged many times why people don't like Cena, I have spoken about the many aspects of Cena's character I don't like. You're the only person to claim it was some kind of cycle.

As I said earlier, this is why I find it difficult to speak about him because everything gets taken as a defence when it wasn't.

You didn't answer the question.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Thought I'd post this: JR's thoughts on Raw. As in the actual JR - not our Glaswegian JR. :D

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/329630/Jim-Ross-Breaks-Down-Monday-Raw-in-Latest-Blog-Entry.htm

Not sure I agree with all of it but interesting to see JR so opinionated.

He wrote that his official contract (or something similar) comes to an end in two days and he's received his first WWE Alumni newsletter :(

I don't agree with it all but as I said earlier, I'm really liking how well received Steph was last night. The Vincess is fitting very well into the owner role
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    You didn't answer the question.

I apologise as I didn't write what I meant too, jumped ahead in my sentence lol. I meant to write they find a guy with the potential to be a top guy, not they find a top guy. Which is where they went wrong with Cena, they saw his potential and then pushed him so much, so relentlessly, that the people that did like him turned. It was a dig at WWE rather than a defence of Cena.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wrote that his official contract (or something similar) comes to an end in two days and he's received his first WWE Alumni newsletter :(

I don't agree with it all but as I said earlier, I'm really liking how well received Steph was last night. The Vincess is fitting very well into the owner role

I think the praise for Steph is well deserved (well I'd say that wouldn't I) - she was brilliant last night. Her best work since returning though for me was the segment where she fired Big Show still for me - though I worry you probably manage your workers like that Hollie. :D

And I think people respect how she really has thrown herself into the authority figure role - including the being humiliated stuff. In fact it does feel like she's getting some sick pleasure out of being humiliated on-screen given that in the last few weeks on-screen she's been vomiting, thrown into a pool of muck and been handcuffed and arrested. She really has taken a sometimes overused concept with 'the evil authority figure' and made it fun and entertaining and feel fresh again.

My only regret is that Eve Torres isn't in WWE to work alongside the Authority - she was quite like Steph is now back in 2012 when she was working for Big Johnny and Booker T and would've fitted right in alongside our Steph.

Still I blimming love the Authority and Steph, Orton, HHH and Rollins all being on the same side (I'm ignoring Kane as I feel he's a spare part really). I think all 4 are brilliant separately too but together are even better. Long may the Authority and they continue. I'm such an Authority mark - though not ashamed to admit it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the praise for Steph is well deserved (well I'd say that wouldn't I) - she was brilliant last night. Her best work since returning though for me was the segment where she fired Big Show still for me - though I worry you probably manage your workers like that Hollie. :D
    And I think people respect how she really has thrown herself into the whole owner thing on-screen - including the being humiliated stuff. In fact it does feel like she's getting some sick pleasure out of being humiliated on-screen given that in the last few weeks on-screen she's been vomiting, thrown into a pool of muck and been handcuffed and arrested.

My only regret is that Eve Torres isn't in WWE to work alongside the Authority - she was quite like Steph is now back in 2012 when she was working for Big Johnny and Booker T and would've fitted right in alongside our Steph.
    Still I blimming love the Authority and Steph, Orton, HHH and Rollins all being on the same side (I'm ignoring Kane as I feel he's a spare part really). I think all 4 are brilliant separately too but together are even better. Long may the Authority and they continue.

I never physically attack my staff, bruises fade quickly mental distress lasts much longer ;)

As JR says, Stephanie McMahon arguably stole the show with her interaction with Brie Bella and subsequently Steph getting 'arrested.' Her facials were priceless as was her timing and her natural ability to be a heel. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Steph wrestling at Summer Slam is a gimme as it should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never physically attack my staff, bruises fade quickly mental distress lasts much longer ;)

As JR says, Stephanie McMahon arguably stole the show with her interaction with Brie Bella and subsequently Steph getting 'arrested.' Her facials were priceless as was her timing and her natural ability to be a heel. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Steph wrestling at Summer Slam is a gimme as it should be.

What I love is that apparently off-screen Steph and Vickie Guerrero are meant to be quite nice people (and I think the same is true of Paige too) yet on-screen they are so good at being absolute bitches (again same with Paige if she as a heel is even half as good as she was last night).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I love is that apparently off-screen Steph and Vickie Guerrero are meant to be quite nice people (and I think the same is true of Paige too) yet on-screen they are so good at being absolute bitches (again same with Paige if she as a heel is even half as good as she was last night).

I'm sure Steph is lovely but I have read quite a few people say that out of herself, Vince and Trip, she is the least approachable. Lots of sources and insiders though lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Steph is lovely but I have read quite a few people say that out of herself, Vince and Trip, she is the least approachable. Lots of sources and insiders though lol.

I'll only believe insiders if they are one of Ren's trusty insiders or moles. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll only believe insiders if they are one of Ren's trusty insiders or moles. :D

He never did come back to give us the subscriber numbers. Maybe his mole became a victim of budget cuts :D
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lords of Pain:
    - Mick Foley spoke with Register-Herald.com to promote a recent comedy show tonight in Beckley, West Virginia. Foley said Bray Wyatt is one of his favorites in WWE as far as mic skills go:

"What he does is good theater. He takes people on a ride, which is a good promo should do. CM Punk, if he decides to come back, he was one of those guys who could take the fans for a ride."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Foley_Comments_on_Punk_Wyatt_Videos_of_The_Rock_and_Batista_Promoting_Their_Movies.html#vE5p1c4BDy0lLCV1.99

I agree with Mick Foley. :)
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The divas division is getting a push all of a sudden.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my honest opinion, Reigns has the potential to turn into the next Cena as the guy people get bored of. And when they are done with Reigns, it will be the next guy, and then the next. It's the nature of the business IMO. They find a top guy, they ride him until people get sick, they find the next top guy, they ride him until people get sick and so on and so forth.

I do always find it hard to talk about him as I know how people think about my opinions of him lol.

I've said this too and I think that's a stick on to happen, Especially IF the smark favourite - it seems - Dean Ambrose begins to fall down into jobbersville once his program with Rollins is done.

I can see the boo's creeping in before the end of the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said this too and I think that's a stick on to happen, Especially IF the smark favourite - it seems - Dean Ambrose begins to fall down into jobbersville once his program with Rollins is done.

I can see the boo's creeping in before the end of the year.

I can't see there being a Cena-type backlash against Reigns to be honest - especially since he was part of the Shield who everyone loved. But I can see people feeling less like 'He is THE guy' by the end of the year - he'll be fine though.

I'm surprised the smark favourite of the Shield is Ambrose - I'd have thought when they first started that it would've been Rollins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see there being a Cena-type backlash against Reigns to be honest - especially since he was part of the Shield who everyone loved. But I can see people feeling less like 'He is THE guy' by the end of the year - he'll be fine though.

I'm surprised the smark favourite of the Shield is Ambrose - I'd have thought when they first started that it would've been Rollins.
    Must say I'm fully Team Rollins now - he can do no wrong in my eyes and I'm gripped to any segment he's involved in. I'm become a real mark for him at this point - know I'm late on the Rollins train but better late than never.

I think Rollins and Ambrose just have more experience, Reigns is improving.They need to put him in their with some better all rounders though, Kane and Rusev are not going to help in that regard.

Ambrose got nods from Regal and Foley, that always helps build credibility.

Lots of great facial expressions and reactions last night from Steph, AJ, Paige, Zack Ryder... even the guy in the crowd next to Brie. Rusev remembering to sell his ankle was nice too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe not Cena-esque backlash but the crowd will shit on him nonetheless.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can see it happening easily. Like Cena, slowly they'll strip away layers of his character, until at the end all we have is a boring goofball, who can't wrestle or speak particularly well.

On another note, as good as Paige is in the ring I cringe every time she talks. Her line delivery is awful.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While Stephanie was getting arrested, how great would it have been to have Bo Dallas come up to her and do his "Don't worry Steph...all you have to do is BOLEIVE" schtick

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While Stephanie was getting arrested, how great would it have been to have Bo Dallas come up to her and do his "Don't worry Steph...all you have to do is BOLEIVE" schtick

:D

And then for HHH to immediately fire him straight after. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And then for HHH to immediately fire him straight after. :D

I like that part of the scenario lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it happening easily. Like Cena, slowly they'll strip away layers of his character, until at the end all we have is a boring goofball, who can't wrestle or speak particularly well.

On another note, as good as Paige is in the ring I cringe every time she talks. Her line delivery is awful.

I agree. She is a better physical performer than she is a mic worker. Although if she starts being a rudo heel on the mic, it may pan out a lot better. She does not have a babyface look. Ambrose doesn't either but he's making the best of his assets to stay over as a face even though he does heelish things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Paige would probably be better on the mic if she was a more sarcastic, bitchy character like she was on Raw. The little comments like 'Oh, you're going to loooovee this' and 'This is my house AJ' were more entertaining than her usually. I do think though she's not just not a promo person.

I do love how everyone is now so negative about Reigns prospects as a character - though I'm sure you'll all call it realistic. I see Bray struggling in 12-18 months (if not sooner) to be honest rather than Reigns - Bray is all about the gimmick so if the gimmick loses momentum and can't be adapted I see him struggling.
    I think Rollins and Ambrose just have more experience, Reigns is improving. They need to put him in their with some better all rounders though, Kane and Rusev are not going to help in that regard.

Ambrose got nods from Regal and Foley, that always helps build credibility.

Lots of great facial expressions and reactions last night from Steph, AJ, Paige, Zack Ryder... even the guy in the crowd next to Brie. Rusev remembering to sell his ankle was nice too.

BIB - That's why I think Orton is the perfect opponent for Reigns right now and am glad they're facing off it seems. Reigns with the right sort of match (i.e. where he isn't the one dominating the match throughout alone) with the right opponent is dynamite and Orton is just that. He'll have a good match with Reigns and make the man look a million bucks.

Agree on the facial expressions and I think Orton and Steph in particular have been really good with them for a while now and I do think Rollins is getting up there with them too. I love someone with good facial expressions and reactions - makes their character more believably and 'relatable' (not the word I want but you get what I mean - it makes them more engaging and makes you care more about the character).
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lords of Pain:
    - WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena tweeted his first comments today since Brock Lesnar was announced as his SummerSlam opponent on RAW last night:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villian.True or not I am and have always been me.Thru crisis or triumph #nevergiveup"

- Regarding Bo Dallas facing Damien Sandow on last night's RAW from Miami, as of today Dallas is still considered by WWE officials to be a heel. There was apparently some fan speculation about him turning.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/John_Cena_s_First_Comments_After_SummerSlam_Announcement_Backstage_News_on_Bo_Dallas.html#8gSdH2GpZjcdVvhx.99

If true, I'm glad we've got confirmation that BO's still a heel.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an outrageously funny, shocking, and breast night with Roddy Piper!

His Mr Fuji story has to be heard to be believed! Wow! That is a shocker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I just noticed re-watching Paige beating down AJ... after she throws her across the table and screams "this is my house", someone in the crowd says "indoor voices, please!" Pretty brutal angle completely undercut by a sarcastic remark from off camera, it made me burst out laughing.
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena quoting Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Let the rumours of a heel turn commence :p
This discussion has been closed.