Fiona Phillips covers for "This Morning" ?

Camp FreddieCamp Freddie Posts: 1,534
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"There is a desire to play safe and recruit someone well-liked by viewers," Thats the quote from the DS homepage today. I may be wrong, but I thought the majority of people can`t stand her. Personally, I find her condescending, conceited and irritating.

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who else have they got... Holly Willowbooby or Ferne Biggun...
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching and its Eamon and his wife :confused:
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona must be on next week as the schools are on holiday for a week.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! All the little kids are hers! Stop her breeding!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a woman that supposedly gave up telly work to spend time with her family she’s never off the bloody box. Her kids will see more of her on the plasma than in real life!
  • mollymoonymollymoony Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Please not Fiona Phillips, I can't stand her. She talks down her nose and says really stupid things, will definitely stop watching if she is on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand her either, she is so annoying and the way she goes on about Frank Lampard and Chelsea FC makes me want to scream :mad:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful choice.

She has been desperately hawking for work since GMTV - she was expecting tons of job offers but they never happened.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching and its Eamon and his wife :confused:

They always do Fridays. Holly and Philp do Monday to Thursday.

The need for cover is when Holly takes a few months off in the spring/summer as her baby is due in May.

She has not announced yet when she is taking this break but I do not think it is immediate, though obviously fairly soon. There was also some concern that she would make it to the end of Dancing on Ice (around mid/late March) but she seems to want to try.

But ITV are preparing in case she decides the time is right sooner than that.

When she and Philip take half term off as they usually do Eammon and Ruth often do the full week.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Fiona and she'll probably be really good on This Morning. I aslo like her reading out the newspapers and the chat with Richard Madeley on Radio 2... at least she's a lot more intelligent and worldly wise than Holly, who looks nice alongside the silver fox, but she's a bit dippy at times! :)
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona is awful, saw the news and thought why pick her? Hardly anyone likes her!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Ruth Langsford is the obvious person ? Why bother to have her doing Fridays if they are going to use someone else when Holly hops off ? Or does that imply they only trust her with one day a week ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth is great on This Morning, if she's not been offered the stand in role for when Holly's on maternity leave then it's a bit off - the only day TM is remotely properly watchable these days is when she's on. If Queefmeister is getting a look in there, I will definitely do as Phillip Schofield so kindly advised all the complainers to do this week and 'pick up my remote and change channel...' it works both ways, Phil ;):D
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Good to see Gloria Hunniford on This Morning today, gives the programme an air of refinement.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Good to see Gloria Hunniford on This Morning today, gives the programme an air of refinement.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Well, compared to Holly "Dancing on Ice" and Phil "Dancing on Ice!"
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Fiona, what's wrong with Ruth?
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Good to see Gloria Hunniford on This Morning today, gives the programme an air of retirement.

FYP :cool:
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The graphics department slipped up today on the end titles.
    Apparantly GETHIN JONESRD hosted.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloria is OK but I wish she would shut up and let Gethin get a word in. The trouble is that he is too much a gentleman to interrupt her! He did look delightful though. And Andrew Lancel is a bit of all right too.
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there could be a chance that Ruth Langsford doesn't WANT to do five days a week, given that she has a child of her own to bring up and an elderly father who is in poor health. I doubt she and Prince Tippy Toes need the money so someone else may as well do it.

Just be glad that Myleene will also be on maternity leave!