Best "waterless" car wash product

DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bought some half price JML Mantis waterless car wash the other day. Seems to work quite well but used quite a lot in one go. I know there are several others out there such as Showroom Shine etc and they vary in price an awful lot. Just wondering who's used which ones and which you would recommend? In particular which ones offer the longest protection and best shine. Are the ones at £20+ worth the money?

Comments

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Showroom Shine and a variety of other Greased Lightening products - Leather Clean and Wheel Shine.

Have to say that the Showroom Shine stuff is excellent, leaves a beautiful smooth finish on the car, never any smears, and is just great. Not cheap, but worth every penny. I don't bother with any other products now. I've just used it to remove red paint off someone's door (left on mine!) and it took it off no bother - no effort.

I get mine from Ideal World shopping channel - they often have deals on - two for one etc.

My BIL has been a MER convert most of his days - he tried mine once on his black BMW and has stuck to Showroom Shine ever since. As he says, it's the first cleaner / polish he's come across that doesn't leave smears on black paint. He reckons he saves about an hour when washing & polishing!

And bird poo comes off without effort too!