The 500 "British" Isis Fighters

JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just discussed on the Left-wing Ch4 News.

How much of a problem do you think they (and their supporters) would be if and when they come "home"?

Comments

• Ninja_NathanNinja_Nathan Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I wonder this too.
    Hopefully they will be tried for war crimes if they were involved with murdering civilians as the media tells us IS is engaged in.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they've found their real home, and they stay there.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Just discussed on the Left-wing Ch4 News.

How much of a problem do you think they (and their supporters) would be if and when they come "home"?

Why should they let them back at all?

I saw a video last night of a Catholic priest having his head slowly sawed off in Syria whilst a load of excited young kids and their adult elders laughed and took pictures on their mobile phones - 'Brits' could have been amongst them.

They were all having a really wonderful time - especially as the poor mans head was finally severed - it was totally sickening.

These savages should never be allowed back.

F**k their human rights. >:(
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that they all get themselves killed out there.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Just watching that jihadi on the C4 news.

David Cameron should get a film crew and a plane ticket and show up at his house and offer him the opportunity to go right now or STFU.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I watched that report.

If these guys over there are identified and turn out to be immigrants who gained British citizenship then their passports should be immediately cancelled, and all EU entry points informed of their details. If they are born and bred British provide their details to all UK entry points and arrest them as soon as they return.

Of course all of that relies on our authorities being able to identify them in the first place.

Unfortunately I found myself agreeing with the extremist British guy on one point, he said the government should allow those who want to go and live permanently in the Islamic State to do so, but cancel their British citizenship. I have no problem with that at all, as long as their British citizenship is permanently removed and they are barred from ever returning to the UK. We keep hearing people on here, and amongst the public at large, saying if someone with hardline views doesn't like the British way of life then they should move to a place where the society they want exists. Well, let them. Just ensure they cannot return. Then hopefully they'll be in the firing line of airstrikes and once the Kurdish fighters, and hopefully the new Iraqi administration gets it's act together and starts to push them back these guys will be in the firing line as well.

I have absolutely no doubt a good many of them will, once they experience the reality, wish they had stayed put. Tough, they made the decision and they can live with it.

Then hopefully the rest of us, Atheist, Christian, Muslim or whatever who value our British society and way of live can get on with living our lives without them.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    the US could bomb them :kitty:
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    They aren't British. Not any more. Not in the sense of that which we have come to identify ourselves by. We have advanced as a nation beyond decapitation and execution of innocent men, women and children because of their beliefs, we left it behind in the Middle Ages. They have chosen to leave behind the relative comfort and tolerance of the UK, and resort to grubbing around in the dirt with their savage brethren. Let them stay then.
    Forum Member
    Is there no existing law that such people could be prosecuted under, with the penalty of having their citizenship revoked?

In fact, maybe it'd be possible to just send out a letter to their (vacant) houses stating that if they don't reply within 7 days to confirm their desire to remain a British citizen their citizenship will be revoked?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    the US could bomb them :kitty:

Hopefully - then the problem would be solved.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they let them back at all?

I saw a video last night of a Catholic priest having his head slowly sawed off in Syria whilst a load of excited young kids and their adult elders laughed and took pictures on their mobile phones - 'Brits' could have been amongst them.

They were all having a really wonderful time - especially as the poor mans head was finally severed - it was totally sickening.

These savages should never be allowed back.

F**k their human rights. >:(

Well that's what they've done with the people they've murdered.

I mean, seriously, would anybody really have the gall to argue their human rights ?
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    I think it is inevitable that some of them will eventually end up back in Britain. If caught then they should be immediately stripped of all rights and financial assets, taken as prisoners of war and referred to the ICC for a possible war crimes trial. If not, they should stand trial here for high treason. In addition, the homes of all known relatives are to be searched by anti-terror police and any non-citizen relatives deported.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »

I mean, seriously, would anybody really have the gall to argue their human rights ?

You would think not but I am certain that some seriously misguided people would want to give these savages a 'second chance' to reform when and if they return to the UK.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think not but I am certain that some seriously misguided people would want to give these savages a 'second chance' to reform when and if they return to the UK.

Of course they will.

The fact that the Metropolitan Police are "looking into" whether those cretins handing out leaflets encouraging British Muslims to go and fight with ISIS, on Oxford Street, are breaking the law tells you all you need to know.

We have become a spineless county.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure MI5/6 are onto them.
    I hope
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It depresses me to think that there are probably a few money grabbing lawyers who would do so happily - and get them legal aid to pay for it....:(
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that ISIS's modus operandi largely seems to consist of committing war crimes, doesn't this already count as going abroad to commit, or at the very least enable crime? Not sure the legal term, but I'm pretty sure it's something you can be nicked for already.
    Forum Member

S'funny though...

If the government did enact legislation to revoke citizenship for these people, I'd certainly be concerned that it might be abused.

Isn't democracy a wonderfully conflicted thing? :(
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Is there no existing law that such people could be prosecuted under, with the penalty of having their citizenship revoked?

In fact, maybe it'd be possible to just send out a letter to their (vacant) houses stating that if they don't reply within 7 days to confirm their desire to remain a British citizen their citizenship will be revoked?

Australia has issued warrants for war crimes for two of their 'Australian' jihadists photographed with severed heads. Why don't we?
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Given that ISIS's modus operandi largely seems to consist of committing war crimes, doesn't this already count as going abroad to commit, or at the very least enable crime? Not sure the legal term, but I'm pretty sure it's something you can be nicked for already.

I'm fairly sure they could be charged under numerous national and international laws. But I would certainly opt for high treason simply for the bold message it sends out and it could also apply to those distributing pro-ISIS literature in London.
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    S'funny though...

If the government did enact legislation to revoke citizenship for these people, I'd certainly be concerned that it might be abused.

Isn't democracy a wonderfully conflicted thing? :(

How would it be abused? And legislation is already in place.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they want to come back to Britain anyway? Much better for them to live in their wonderful Islamic state, no?
    Forum Member
    Namira wrote: »
    Why would they want to come back to Britain anyway? Much better for them to live in their wonderful Islamic state, no?

To recruit more fighters or to carry out terror attacks if Britain is involved in fighting against them.
    Forum Member
    How would it be abused? And legislation is already in place.

Well, theoretically you could end up in a situation where any person who might be considered a threat to a government could toddle off on holiday and then find they weren't welcome in the country upon attempting to return.

Not saying it's the sort of thing that's likely to happen tomorrow but when you create laws for one purpose they can be used for other purposes at some point in the future.
    Forum Member
    To recruit more fighters or to carry out terror attacks if Britain is involved in fighting against them.

S'funny how the high-profile jihadi's are always the ones here, spreading the word and doing the recruiting rather than the fighting.

If it was me, that's something I might be thinking about on the plane-ride out there.
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope our 500 lads are out killing the other nations, maybe they have an international league table for number of Christiains killed and how many heads each person has chopped off, with double score for each childs head cut off.