Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Rufus Hound (& Maisie Williams) at the read-through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02q3gsl

He plays Sam Swift. Somebody is missing from that table.

Wonder if something happens to Clara which means she isn't in those two episodes. Perhaps earlier speculation that she becomes Missy's companion is actually right?
  • Options
    Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if something happens to Clara which means she isn't in those two episodes. Perhaps earlier speculation that she becomes Missy's companion is actually right?

well, they are filming these eps now and JC was on set today. maybe shes not in the first one,
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Beaten to it :D

She has been on set for two days wearing a spacesuit - so she's there at least in part for one of them. She was there again today - on the way in. She's still wearing the demin top which was under the spacesuit on previous pics.

Peter | Jenna | Maisie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Beaten to it :D

She has been on set for two days wearing a spacesuit - so she's there at least in part for one of them. She was there again today - on the way in. She's still wearing the demin top which was under the spacesuit on previous pics.

Peter | Jenna | Maisie
    It's still possible she is with Missy then but just pops up for a few cameos in both episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still possible she is with Missy then but just pops up for a few cameos in both episodes.

"Oh hi doc , I know I betrayed you by teaming up with your worst enemy but I just popped in to say hello"! ??????

Dosent fit with....
    "Her relationship with(The doctor) in Series 9, is incredibly strong, very very strong" --Moffat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    "Oh hi doc , I know I betrayed you by teaming up with your worst enemy but I just popped in to say hello"! ??????

Dosent fit with....
    "Her relationship with(The doctor) in Series 9, is incredibly strong, very very strong" --Moffat

Rule 1: The Moffat lies

He would hardly give it away by saying 'Clara isn't loyal to the Doctor at all'.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rufus Hound (& Maisie Williams) at the read-through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02q3gsl

He plays Sam Swift. Somebody is missing from that table.
    adams66 wrote: »
    Now let's wait for the JC conspiracy theorists...
    well, they are filming these eps now and JC was on set today. maybe shes not in the first one,

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I won't watch any episode in series 9 with no Clara in it.:(:cry:

Don't forget we've got the two part Toby Whithouse story between The Witch's Familiar and The Girl Who Died.

Dosent fit with....

He would hardly give it away by saying 'Clara isn't loyal to the Doctor at all'.

If you watch the interview, it really didn't sound like a deliberate piece of Moffat misdirection.

And anyway Jenna stayed because she enjoyed working with Peter. So why stay on if she's not going to get any scenes with him?;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I won't watch any episode in series 9 with no Clara in it.:(:cry:

What about the over 500 already-broadcast episodes without Clara in?
    If you watch the interview, it really didn't sound like a deliberate piece of Moffat misdirection.
    How can you tell?

And anyway Jenna stayed because she enjoyed working with Peter. So why stay on if she's not going to get any scenes with him?;-)
    If she has cameos in this two parter, that doesn't mean she would in every episode of series 9.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you tell?

I can't tell. It just sounded like a genuine comment.

Of course NuWho has a history of having Doctor Lite/Companion Lite episodes due to the filming schedule - Love And Monsters, Blink, Midnight, Turn Left, The Lodger, The Doctor's Wife - but they've never had one when the Doctor or current companion was missing completely.

The Crimson Horror was a Clara lite episode (and you could maybe argue Mummy On The Orient Express was too) but not so lite that Jenna wasn't required at the read-through, I wouldn't have thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell. It just sounded like a genuine comment.

Of course NuWho has a history of having Doctor Lite/Companion Lite episodes due to the filming schedule - Love And Monsters, Blink, Midnight, Turn Left, The Lodger, The Doctor's Wife - but they've never had one when the Doctor or current companion was missing completely.

But nobody's suggesting she'll be missing completely, just that maybe she's just cameoing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the other hand, I have been complaining that Moffat hasn't made Clara suffer nearly enough compared to what poor old Amy Pond went through - The Girl Who Waited, held prisoner whilst pregnant, shot dead by her fiancee.

Maybe Jenna wasn't at the read through because she doesn't have very much dialogue. In episode 6. Clara could be held captive and be drugged or unconsciousy or she could be trapped somewhere on her own and doesn't speak because she has no one to talk to.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Anyone else getting a sense of deja vú?

We went through these motions with Clara at least twice already. Remember when people speculated that she wouldn't appear in Mummy on the Orient Express, and how it was still up for debate even after we'd seen pictures of her in costume for the episode? So successful were the BBC at hiding her involvement (it had been intended as a companion-lite story whilst Mathieson's Flatline a Doctor-lite story, though both came across as fairly typical as a result of clever direction) that they actually ran with it and kept her name omitted from the popular Radio Times posters and all advance synopses.

Then they managed to do it again, with Last Christmas. People felt it would be another situation of a cameo, like at the end of Widow with Amy and Rory. All because nobody saw her filming. Even when her name was given top billing with Capaldi and Nick Frost, people still argued it was misdirection and that she'd likely have a very limited role in the story. Again the BBC ran with this, which kept the fire burning.

Whilst I have absolutely no idea what Series 9 will bring, I've not been under the impression at all that Clara won't have a featuring role. She's been seen involved in all three filming blocks so far, and we know for a fact that there's been a lot of set-work and private filming locations used for the series. I'm more inclined to believe that the BBC have simply gotten good at their job in this regard, than believe in what is amounting to something of a Claragate. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JC also mentioned at Indiana con her and Doc get closer together.

I peronally dont want to see another series where Clara threatens to leave every other episode (yawn)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else getting a sense of deja vú?

We went through these motions with Clara at least twice already. Remember when people speculated that she wouldn't appear in Mummy on the Orient Express, and how it was still up for debate even after we'd seen pictures of her in costume for the episode? So successful were the BBC at hiding her involvement (it had been intended as a companion-lite story whilst Mathieson's Flatline a Doctor-lite story, though both came across as fairly typical as a result of clever direction) that they actually ran with it and kept her name omitted from the popular Radio Times posters and all advance synopses.

Then they managed to do it again, with Last Christmas. People felt it would be another situation of a cameo, like at the end of Widow with Amy and Rory. All because nobody saw her filming. Even when her name was given top billing with Capaldi and Nick Frost, people still argued it was misdirection and that she'd likely have a very limited role in the story. Again the BBC ran with this, which kept the fire burning.

Whilst I have absolutely no idea what Series 9 will bring, I've not been under the impression at all that Clara won't have a featuring role. She's been seen involved in all three filming blocks so far, and we know for a fact that there's been a lot of set-work and private filming locations used for the series. I'm more inclined to believe that the BBC have simply gotten good at their job in this regard, than believe in what is amounting to something of a Claragate. :p

I wasn't participating in this thread last year so was unaware of the speculation surrounding Clara in Mummy and Christmas.

I am aware, though, of the misdirection that existed in the Radio Times Series Guide: referring to Clara stopping travelling with the Doctor in Kill The Moon, no mention of her in the synopsis for Mummy and, most significantly, being "alone and separated from the Doctor in Flat Line.

I was also surprised at how big a role she had in Listen as the blurb talked about "what does the Doctor think about when he's on his own".

I'll stop panicking then.:D
    :blush:

Although she does seem to be missing from that Read-Through-With-Rufus. But if it clashed with her filming schedule, they could always use a substitute reader. It is just the read-through after all and we don't get to hear the "apologies from those who can't be here today".:D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really hope you are right. As this is, more than likely, Jenna's last series, I want her to be in it as much as possible and can't think of a reason Jenna would change her mind, twice, about staying to only cameo in and out of the series.
    Although she does seem to be missing from that Read-Through-With-Rufus. But if it clashed with her filming schedule, they could always use a substitute reader. It is just the read-through after all and we don't get to hear the "apologies from those who can't be here today".:D

It's the fact that she's missing from the read through that worries me.

BBC managed to hide Jenna/Clara's involvement in The Mummy and LC BUT that was just clever editing in the previews and with what they sent to the TV guides to be published (leaving Jenna's name out in The Mummy ect.) In both situations Jenna was present at the read through's and on set filming. Just most of the filming was set work therefore no spoilers were released (unlike when they film in public and people can get photos/videos and listen in to the lines/scripts) so to the public, it was a mystery about her, amount of, involvement in the episodes.

But to not be at a read through.. very different. Because the read through's are so important I cannot see them simply doing it without Jenna. If she couldn't make it then they would have re scheduled. Being one part of the main duo I cannot see them doing the read through without her. Maisie was sat next to the Doctor which, to me, shows Jenna was never meant to be there. I suppose an alternative was she was ill, couldn't make it, too late to reschedule and Maisie's chair was pulled closer to Peter to fill the gap. An unlikely situation but possible.

However saying all that if Jenna is on set filming, at the same time as Maisie, then she is obviously in that episode.

It could just be a very Clara light episode but to not be at the read through sounds to me like she has no lines or possibly no lines with another actor - maybe the reason she's wandering around in a spacesuit whilst everyone else is in a completely different costume :confused: Of course I could be totally wrong and Steven thought 'Oh I have an idea.' Quickly pulls Jenna and her script out of the shot, slots Maisie in her place and they film that clip with Moffat laughing to himself about all the 'Where's Clara' hysteria the fans will now have :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Of course I could be totally wrong and Steven thought 'Oh I have an idea.' Quickly pulls Jenna and her script out of the shot, slots Maisie in her place and they film that clip with Moffat laughing to himself about all the 'Where's Clara' hysteria the fans will now have :D

The most likely outcome, I'd say :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, if there's less Clara then that's fine by me :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen quite a few pictures of Maisie Williams these last few days and I'm increasingly struck by the similarity between her and Jenna in the eyebrow department. Maybe Moffat was too.

So I'm reviving my theory that Maisie is playing a Clara Oswald splinter (a rogue Clara) and because the Doctor can't see Clara properly, he goes off with the wrong one at the end of episode 5, discovers his error at the end of episode 6 (perhaps Rogue Clara sees the error of her ways and confesses) and goes off to rescue Real Clara in episode 7.

:D:p
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen quite a few pictures of Maisie Williams these last few days and I'm increasingly struck by the similarity between her and Jenna in the eyebrow department. Maybe Moffat was too.

So I'm reviving my theory that Maisie is playing a Clara Oswald splinter (a rogue Clara) and because the Doctor can't see Clara properly, he goes off with the wrong one at the end of episode 5, discovers his error at the end of episode 6 (perhaps Rogue Clara sees the error of her ways and confesses) and goes off to rescue Real Clara in episode 7.

While I suppose it's possible that Maisie is playing a younger Clara Echo I doubt they'll go down the mix up route.

Yes the Doctor supposedly sees no difference between young or old Clara's but the audience certainly does and for the audience to accept the possibility of a mix up you really need Jenna playing both roles.

To be honest I'd rather have Maisie playing a new character which gives more oppotunity for a return visit (possibly a longer one once she's finished with GoT) in the future than if she is another Clara.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is maisie looks nothing like Clara imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC also mentioned at Indiana con her and Doc get closer together.

Again, she wouldn't say the opposite anyway because it would give it away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why go to the bother of casting another actor, though, when you could just give Jenna Coleman a dual role?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, she wouldn't say the opposite anyway because it would give it away.

wow, you are convinced Clara is going to betray 12 again huh?? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why go to the bother of casting another actor, though, when you could just give Jenna Coleman a dual role?

Exactly,,,makes no sense to spend big bucks on a bigger name actress when they go with JC is a dual role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, you are convinced Clara is going to betray 12 again huh?? lol

I just don't see why people trust everything the cast and crew say. They've all lied in the past.
This discussion has been closed.