He is on all over the place at Xmas.
He is on Desert Island Discs,
co presenting with Catherine Tate on Radio 2,
reading kids stories on C Beebies,
New Years Eve on Graham Norton,
Hamlet is on,
Radio 2 5pm Dec 29, Tennant interviews RTD,
He's on QI.
Tennant fans....you are in for a treat!!!

Comments

• Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    He is on all over the place at Xmas.
    He is on Desert Island Discs,
    co presenting with Catherine Tate on Radio 2,
    reading kids stories on C Beebies,
    New Years Eve on Graham Norton,
    Hamlet is on,
    Radio 2 5pm Dec 29, Tennant interviews RTD,
    He's on QI.
    Tennant fans....you are in for a treat!!![/QUOTE]

yep!!

and then - :cry::cry::cry:

*reaches for large tissues box*

but the Tennant Fest will be great and I am really looking forward to seeing him just about everywhere!
    IMO, you can never have enough David Tennants about ;)
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep loads of DT this Christmas :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No complaints from me!!
  • Options
    stevehattonstevehatton Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    And hosting Buzzcocks
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Hamlet the full three-and-a-bit-ish hours? I hope so, but unless they're BBC4ing it, I can't see it being likely.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I'll gave DT his due he has done wonders when it comes to putting his face about for publicity when a special of 'who' has been due to come out...

Hope Matt Smith takes heed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Is Hamlet the full three-and-a-bit-ish hours? I hope so, but unless they're BBC4ing it, I can't see it being likely.
    As far as I'm aware, it'll be the full thing. You can't really leave any of it out I wouldn't have thought.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Am I right in thinking he's in Catherine Tate's Christmas Carol as well? I'm sure I read somewhere he's one of the ghosts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking he's in Catherine Tate's Christmas Carol as well? I'm sure I read somewhere he's one of the ghosts.

Yep, Ghost Of Christmas Present (for the fangirls :p:D).

And Hamlet has been confirmed as being on BBC2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping both he and John Simm might show up on Jonathan Ross...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget that St Trinians 2 opens in the cinema on the 18th as well.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I thought this thread was a slur against his acting at first!
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,763
    Forum Member
    Make the most of him fans, come the 2nd of Januray I doubt we will see him much at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvjustin wrote: »
    I am hoping both he and John Simm might show up on Jonathan Ross...

Is Jonathan on just before Christmas this year? if he is might happen ...

Or might be a DT/RTD joint interview?
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Well he should get the exposure while he can because I think he will probably disappear for a bit. Well if he has any sense he should. He will need to put a bit of distance between himself and Doctor Who. Then he will come back in full force and we'll all be excited about his next big thing.
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good. Can't wait until it all starts! (Well it has because of David Tennant night on Watch).

I am serious when I say he's probably one of the best actors still going today.

The best doctor ever. Going to miss him, but it's time for a change I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Well he should get the exposure while he can because I think he will probably disappear for a bit. Well if he has any sense he should. He will need to put a bit of distance between himself and Doctor Who. Then he will come back in full force and we'll all be excited about his next big thing.

Na David's been over in the US -he's filming a NBC pilot 'Rex' at the moment
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2760475/David-Tennant-films-scenes-for-US-series.html

Burke and Hare also next year ..

No way should David just 'disappear for a bit'-why should he ..not as if he'll need to shake Ten away he's a gorgeous character who'll never leave David.But thats no reason he can't go on to other brilliant characters and hopefully Rex will be one .. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JessicaL wrote: »
    Na David's been over in the US -he's filming a NBC pilot 'Rex' at the moment
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2760475/David-Tennant-films-scenes-for-US-series.html

Burke and Hare also next year ..

No way should David just 'disappear for a bit'-why should he ..not as if he'll need to shake Ten away he's a gorgeous character who'll never leave David.But thats no reason he can't go on to other brilliant characters and hopefully Rex will be one .. :)

I know he's been filming new stuff, I just meant in terms of promotion his exposure will die down for a while until the next thing is released. Whether or not he has created a wonderful character in The Doctor even the greatest of actors have found it can harm a future career. The reality is he does need to shake off the Doctor in the real world to sustain a varied career. He has the talent to do that. Tennant fans alone aren't enough for him to maintain a great career. Our personal feelings are one thing, but the reality of the acting world is something else.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to take the world by storm, but I have seen bigger actors with wider profiles who have succumbed to the bad effects of playing iconic roles. Of course the Doctor will stay with him forever, but as a fan I want him to shake it off and move on. As a DT fans our feelings about him leaving are and should be far outweighed by the need for him to distance himself.

But on the other hand, he should snap it up when he can. All actors know it could all end tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's been filming new stuff, I just meant in terms of promotion his exposure will die down for a while until the next thing is released. Whether or not he has created a wonderful character in The Doctor even the greatest of actors have found it can harm a future career. The reality is he does need to shake off the Doctor in the real world to sustain a varied career. He has the talent to do that. Tennant fans alone aren't enough for him to maintain a great career. Our personal feelings are one thing, but the reality of the acting world is something else.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to take the world by storm, but I have seen bigger actors with wider profiles who have succumbed to the bad effects of playing iconic roles.

But on the other hand, he should snap it up when he can. All actors know it could all end tomorrow. :)

I see what you mean, didn't Christopher Eccleston stop acting as the Doctor because he was worried about type casting ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikkyh wrote: »
    I see what you mean, didn't Christopher Eccleston stop acting as the Doctor because he was worried about type casting ?

I think so.

Its all speculation on my part, but there have been so many cases of an actor who has taken the nation by storm soon disappearing into obscurity. Probably unlikely to happen to DT, but I don't think as fans we should be arrogant on his behalf and be blinkered to the realities of the extremely tough world of acting. There's a lot of unemployed well known actors out there.

I'd rather see DT on screen less, but in well chosen projects than appearing in every bit of crap under the sun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see DT on screen less, but in well chosen projects than appearing in every bit of crap under the sun.

This ^^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I want him to take the world by storm, but I have seen bigger actors with wider profiles who have succumbed to the bad effects of playing iconic roles. Of course the Doctor will stay with him forever, but as a fan I want him to shake it off and move on. As a DT fans our feelings about him leaving are and should be far outweighed by the need for him to distance himself.

Well to me it's not as if Ten is some flop embarrassing character David needs to shake off -quite the reverse he's a gem of a character as I say gorgeous and a brilliant advertisment for David ..so theres nothing to shake off imo -Ten's promoting David.And as I say hopefully all being well Rex will be another great character for him -time will tell :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to me it's not as if Ten is some flop embarrassing character David needs to shake off -quite the reverse he's a gem of a character as I say gorgeous and a brilliant advertisment for David ..so theres nothing to shake off imo -Ten's promoting David.And as I say hopefully all being well Rex will be another great character for him -time will tell :).

That's not the point. I think we all know that having played the Doctor is nothing to be embaressed about - many people aspire to get to say: "Hi, I'm the Doctor".

The point is, he needs to get rid of the type casting - writers and producers and directors might not touch him because they think he's more suited to programs like Doctor Who - as though he won't be good in anything else.

I've done my best the explain what I mean but it just sounds like a load of crap I reckon! XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikkyh wrote: »
    That's not the point. I think we all know that having played the Doctor is nothing to be embaressed about - many people aspire to get to say: "Hi, I'm the Doctor".

The point is, he needs to get rid of the type casting - writers and producers and directors might not touch him because they think he's more suited to programs like Doctor Who - as though he won't be good in anything else.

I've done my best the explain what I mean but it just sounds like a load of crap I reckon! XD

No I was not talking about the Doctor really :).I was more on about the spirit and energy David brings to Ten's personality -he's promoting David beautifully because thats exactly what David offers as a actor and thats why imo theres nothing to break away from. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I was not talking about the Doctor really :).I was more on about the spirit and energy David brings to Ten's personality -he's promoting David beautifully because thats exactly what David offers as a actor and thats why imo theres nothing to break away from. :)

Lol...I am totally confused XD. Ignore me in the future.