BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh?

Have CH5 ever said they will continue with the regular BB.....No they haven't, they have however said, they will be increasing the CBB's.
    If CH5 were as smart as you appear to think they are, they would have provided a full LF.........they chose not to do that, thereby decreasing the amount of viewers they could have had.

Yes they plan on having MORE CBB's.

Errrrr, they don't own the site.........they have extended the RENTAL of it for a further 3 years.

I can't see where the confusion is.
    Why would they mention continuing with the normal BB, it's neve been in doubt.
    Thats what C5 bought wasn't it?

They don't need to talk about what they aren't changing.

Talk about doom and gloom, never heard such negative vibes that stem from nowhere.:D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Thank you, JoJo.

After this bouquet I may relax my “no flowers” rule. I’d had years of my mum sending me carnations from one company and the flowers were invariably beaten up and the cats wold go mad for them and knock the vases over and on other occasions I had bouquets with lilies and it took me a couple of years to associate Elmo’s mystery illness in July with my birthday bouquet in June.

Oh dear! I don't like carnations or chrysanths which used to be very popular with florists!

I buy flowers for myself every week unless I've been sent some (about twice a year) - at the moment daffs are plentiful and cheap and they're so cheerful. I like most of the spring flowers, but not keen on large overblown blooms or anything heavily scented - apart from sweet peas which I grow in abundance.
    acker wrote: »
    I have a weird relationship with all that . I only watch sports for the main part and theres usually Premier League footy on when University Challenge is on so its no contest . But I answered goodness knows how many when I ( half ) watched it last night . On some levels im more Camus than Kamara :o...I dont know one character or plot line off ANY soap .:)

It's luck with the subjects for me - there could be 15 questions on the trot which mean nothing at all, but when the subject changes I could get 3 in a row.

I'm quite knowledgeable on Soaps, sadly, although these days I only watch Coronation St - years behind with Eastenders, wouldn't have a clue.
    Wasn’t so bad when it was royalty instead of being a bloomin’ air hostesses daughter who can’t string five sentences together without having to refer to her bit of paper.

Maybe nonegenarian carrying the torch can trip and do damage with her pretend torch.

I’m waiting for the French air traffic controllers and the Spanish baggage handlers to go on strike in August. :D

:D
    Littsis wrote: »
    It has come back to me in the past week that an old fool I sat opposite at work in 1971 used to spout some rubbish about .....vim and viguar (vigour) with such a lovely figuar (figure), and standing in front of some fruit yesterday afternoon I said outloud "o what a lovely figuar" So I was in with the answer "vim" last night before Jezza had even finished asking the question and without needing to work out the roman numerals. It is the little things in life that keep us going.
    I have just discovered while giving you a rest from me that I have won an Edwardian occasional table on Ebay for $2.74p. LOL Poor bloke selling it. I shall give him more.

Wow what a bargain - he must've taken his eye off the ball/bidding.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

Talk about doom and gloom, never heard such negative vibes that stem from nowhere.:D

This thread is more like bb than bb these days , its 24/7 and people can dip in and out when they please. Sometimes " theyre " up late, sometimes theyre all tucked up in bed early. Theres even the occasional fight night and everything :o . CH 5 could show bb every night for a year Celebrity or otherwise whilst theres no live feed and I simply wouldnt watch it .:( It has totally lost its place as " unique " , its just the same as loads of other shows now ...it just takes place in the Big Brother house ...outside of that I dont think its bb at all . Like you say CH5 bought it , its just a pity they cant show it .
    Forum Member
    It's a given you would be unable to see the problem.

You have no more idea than anyone else what they're planning on doing.

Yuck!

Everyone else is wrong apart from Hicky who must have a personal hotline to Dirty Des. :rolleyes:

I can tick all of the same boxes.

Awwww don't spoil his fun. :D

No that wasn't your point actually. :rolleyes:
    How the hell do you know what they want or don't want?

*hugs* :D

It's the thought behind it which counts. :)

You know when people tell you not to click on something..........

Yes it seems a tad bizarre.

There are times when some decisions are somewhat arbitrary. :confused:

hiya sr :)..I like honey have tried to have discussion with the mods before now about " inconsistent" moderating :(...I was having a bath earlier and bemoaning the way the heater doesnt warm up the bathroom like it used to when Indie the cat stuck his head through from behind the curtains ,,,hed come in through the wide open window ...sod all wrong with the heater at all ...something wrong with my brain :o:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    This thread is more like bb than bb these days , its 24/7 and people can dip in and out when they please. Sometimes " theyre " up late, sometimes theyre all tucked up in bed early. Theres even the occasional fight night and everything :o . CH 5 could show bb every night for a year Celebrity or otherwise whilst theres no live feed and I simply wouldnt watch it .:( It has totally lost its place as " unique " , its just the same as loads of other shows now ...it just takes place in the Big Brother house ...outside of that I dont think its bb at all . Like you say CH5 bought it , its just a pity they cant show it .

I think Hicky must have not realised that they will presumably have considered the effect of overkill. That if something is on too often it can repel the audience.I am sure they will have considered what fits into their plans. If i were *spits* Desmond, taking into account the cross promotional aspects i might be inclined to drop the main show in favour of the celeb versions.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why wouldn't they mention it? The mere fact they haven't mentioned the future of the regular BB speaks volumes. :rolleyes:
    What they bought was the franchise of BB.........that doesn't mean they ever intended keeping the regular BB.

This may come as a surprise to you, but you aren't some sort of oracle who knows everything.........there has been plenty said about CH5 discontinuing with the regular BB & concentrating instead on the shorter 3 week CBB 3 times a year.

Now whether you chose to believe that is entirely your decision, but I still intend to voice my opinion of what I've heard from various sources.

Nor will I accept anyone calling me negative because of my views! We've had enough of that rubbish said on here before..........oathy was called negative because he fought like hell to have the LF reinstated with CH4. :mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiya sr :)..I like honey have tried to have discussion with the mods before now about " inconsistent" moderating :(...I was having a bath earlier and bemoaning the way the heater doesnt warm up the bathroom like it used to when Indie the cat stuck his head through from behind the curtains ,,,hed come in through the wide open window ...sod all wrong with the heater at all ...something wrong with my brain :o:D
    The 'rules' at times are inconsistent & need to be clarified IMO.........what 'escapes' censure one day doesn't necessarily follow the same result the next day. :confused:

Hahahahaha, daft bugger. :D
    Forum Member
    Why wouldn't they mention it? The mere fact they haven't mentioned the future of the regular BB speaks volumes. :rolleyes:
    What they bought was the franchise of BB.........that doesn't mean they ever intended keeping the regular BB.

This may come as a surprise to you, but you aren't some sort of oracle who knows everything.........there has been plenty said about CH5 discontinuing with the regular BB & concentrating instead on the shorter 3 week CBB 3 times a year.

Now whether you chose to believe that is entirely your decision, but I still intend to voice my opinion of what I've heard from various sources.
    Opinion? Not until you've run it by Hicky for approval :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinion? Not until you've run it by Hicky for approval :D

Well I can assure you hell would freeze over before I did that!
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    I adore quiz shows and never watch soaps but I don't think I qualify as a pseudo-intellectual because I watch BB, SoccerAM and all sorts of nonsense....:D:o:p
    Someone on here once called me a snob because my radios are all tuned to radio4, which I thought was hilarious. The truth is, I don't like deliberately listening to music. If I am out and there is music playing, I don't stamp my foot, I just enjoy or endure it, whichever is appropriate.I managed pubs, clubs and restaurants for 40 years all replete with background music, DJs etc, it is a relief to listen to the spoken word.
    Forum Member

Well said acker.!:)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Hicky must have not realised that they will presumably have considered the effect of overkill. That if something is on too often it can repel the audience.I am sure they will have considered what fits into their plans. If i were *spits* Desmond, taking into account the cross promotional aspects i might be inclined to drop the main show in favour of the celeb versions.

They can tie up with Channel 4 and get the Coach Trip to drop them off and then leave to have a Come Dine With Me series of meals.

Two programmes which used to be my favourites but which have been killed by negative casting and engineering/editing for conflict.
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Well said acker.!:)

its right isnt it arte :)...this threads full of old school " live feed " bb fans and the dsbb forums would be off the page as a graph if CH 5 announced a 24/7 live feed . I honestly dont get why they cant see " the bl**ding obvious " :(
    Forum Member
    They can tie up with Channel 4 and get the Coach Trip to drop them off and then leave to have a Come Dine With Me series of meals.

Two programmes which used to be my favourites but which have been killed by negative casting and engineering/editing for conflict.

I know what you mean Gemo, I havn't watched coach trip for 3 years now, apart from when they were in Greece, but even then, I FFed through most of it as nothing had changed. I still watch CDWM but often don't persevere through the week if I don't care for the contestants...
    Forum Member
    I adore quiz shows and never watch soaps but I don't think I qualify as a pseudo-intellectual because I watch BB, SoccerAM and all sorts of nonsense....:D:o:p
    Someone on here once called me a snob because my radios are all tuned to radio4, which I thought was hilarious. The truth is, I don't like deliberately listening to music. If I am out and there is music playing, I don't stamp my foot, I just enjoy or endure it, whichever is appropriate.I managed pubs, clubs and restaurants for 40 years all replete with background music, DJs etc, it is a relief to listen to the spoken word.
    I think watching BB eliminates us from accusations of being intellectual :D
    I cant bear background music. iam tormented in shops, particularly at xmas.
    I know what you mean Gemo, I havn't watched coach trip for 3 years now, apart from when they were in Greece, but even then, I FFed through most of it as nothing had changed. I still watch CDWM but often don't persevere through the week if I don't care for the contestants...

I actually thought i was watching come dine the other day, but it turned out to be "four in a bed":o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heehee, funny........you never know what can happen in the changing room. HERE :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually thought i was watching come dine the other day, but it turned out to be "four in a bed":
    o

*points & laughs at honey* :D:D
    Forum Member

I actually thought i was watching come dine the other day, but it turned out to be "four in a bed":
    o

..........an easy mistake which rather bears out acker's point about so many programmes being much the same......made me laugh, though....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    Ribena is now sold in cartons, it is so popular. But drinking tap water is also regarded as cool by children.

Er how do I press alt with the dollar sign. dollar sign is above the 4, the pound sign is above the 3. So I would have to press shift, dollar sign and alt all in one go. Needless to say it doesn't work.

The top row gives the following options:
    ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    So to get quotes you have to press the @ key at the right hand end of the third row. To get@ you have to press the " button on the number 2.
    As you will see from the above, the pound key with the number three comes up as a #. If you press the# key , it comes up with a slash \
    Apart from the ones mentioned and the top row, all the other signs keys are normal.
    You have the US keyboard set up.

You can change it to UK in control panel but easiest is to press alt -shift- left arrow together and you can change between the two. This will give you £ above 3.

The keyboards must be defaulted to US and loads of people forget to change
    Top row UK !"£$%^&*()
    end of row2 '# lower @~upper

Top row US !@#$%^&*()
    end of row 2 '\ lower "| upper
    Forum Member
    I, like you want LF back, but i won't cut off my nose to spite my face.
    It is what it is, have to run with it.

A sip of water when your thirsty is better than nothing.
    Can't see overkill coming into it, if the soaps can run years then can't see that being a problem as each one has a new cast.

The Celebs are very expensive to put in and for just 3 weeks can't see how they could recoup any money at all.

Nor will I accept anyone calling me negative because of my views! We've had enough of that rubbish said on here before..........oathy was called negative because he fought like hell to have the LF reinstated with CH4. :mad::mad:
    Can't imagine why they would mention something that is part of TV and has been for 11 years.

And if you think constantly talking about no BB when it isn't even in doubt seems very negative to me, not just you but tons of people, don't even know how it started unless it's the old, well they haven't mentioned it.

I haven't mentioned my brekki in the morning but it doesn't mean i won't be having any.
    Forum Member

Can't see overkill coming into it, if the soaps can run years then can't see that being a problem as each one has a new cast.

The Celebs are very expensive to put in and for just 3 weeks can't see how they could recoup any money at all.

Can't imagine why they would mention something that is part of TV and has been for 11 years.

And if you think constantly talking about no BB when it isn't even in doubt seems very negative to me, not just you but tons of people, don't even know how it started unless it's the old, well they haven't mentioned it.

I haven't mentioned my brekki in the morning but it doesn't mean i won't be having any.
    Overkill is something that is ALWAYS considered when preparing tv or radio programmes and there are many that have died off because of it. It may be that they decide it is not the case for BB but it will have been considered.
    The celebs (one or two) might well be expensive but they still made a profit.
    I enjoyed the recent BB despite the lack of live feed but the other two were pretty grim for me and i probably wont bother with the normal series again without live feed.
    Like Acker said, we would watch it nonstop live but apparently we are the minority, as you pointed out repeatedly last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The BB CH5 are broadcasting bears no resemblance to the original premise of the programme.

Of course it's in bloody doubt, otherwise it wouldn't be discussed! According to you you're the only person who is correct, everyone else who dares question whether they're planning on continuing with the regular BB are either hysterical idiots & negative.

I'd rather be realistic than gullible! :rolleyes:

Quite frankly whether you have one or 10 breakfasts tomorrow is of absolutely no interest to me.
    Forum Member
    Why do they give people with really thick accents jobs answering telephones. :mad:
    Forum Member
    The BB CH5 are broadcasting bears no resemblance to the original premise of the programme.

Of course it's in bloody doubt, otherwise it wouldn't be discussed! According to you you're the only person who is correct, everyone else who dares question whether they're planning on continuing with the regular BB are either hysterical idiots & negative.

I'd rather be realistic than gullible! :rolleyes:

Quite frankly whether you have one or 10 breakfasts tomorrow is of absolutely no interest to me.
    All programs change, so does health and safety which plays a big part in programs these days, and everything has to have a Risk Assessment done which can change lots of things in a program over the years.

I don't understand why everyone would be discussing BB when C5 took the show over and it was in doubt with C4, since when have C5 said it's ion doubt, or is this all just in the mind?
    Why do they give people with really thick accents jobs answering telephones. :mad:
    people that can be understood on the phone would want paying more.
    Forum Member
    All programs change, so does health and safety which plays a big part in programs these days, and everything has to have a Risk Assessment done which can change lots of things in a program over the years.

I don't understand why everyone would be discussing BB when C5 took the show over and it was in doubt with C4, since when have C5 said it's ion doubt, or is this all just in the mind?

What does health and safety have to do with the price of fish? :confused: You think "Eldorado" was cancelled cos someone was bitten by a jellyfish?
This discussion has been closed.