Bullying on this Forum?

13»

Comments

• T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    This works both ways. I've seen people on here complain about being 'attacked' only to go and post unsavoury messages about other posters on Twitter etc.

Too true, Zack. Too true.

Priscilla did make a similiar point about some posters playing the victim card.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Too true, Zack. Too true.

Priscilla did make a similiar point about some posters playing the victim card.

This, without a doubt, and I agree with Zack's original post too.

It might also be worth noting that the soap forum is rather tame in comparison to other parts of the forum. Don't believe me? Spend a day trying to give your opinion in General Discussion.

I'm not a fan of bullying, it's vile. But people need to understand that, while bullying may occur, not all disagreements or debates should be shouted down with people yelling "bully!" at the top of their lungs.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    It might also be worth noting that the soap forum is rather tame in comparison to other parts of the forum. Don't believe me? Spend a day trying to give your opinion in General Discussion.

This!!! 100%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But people need to understand that, while bullying may occur, not all disagreements or debates should be shouted down with people yelling "bully!" at the top of their lungs.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    The thing about the soap forum while you will always find the odd rude comment or not it is mostly enjoyable, the general discussion forum i have found to be a good 70 percent of people rude and sarcastic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This, without a doubt, and I agree with Zack's original post too.

I'm not a fan of bullying, it's vile. But people need to understand that, while bullying may occur, not all disagreements or debates should be shouted down with people yelling "bully!" at the top of their lungs.

Lol damn, you've put me off posting on General Discussion now, Maurice :eek:. You make it sound like a forum full of rabid, fleshing-eating animals! :eek::eek: :D

But yes, good points here. Couldn't agree more.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I don't know about bullying but I have found myself be mocked, belittled, patronsised and also attacked simply for liking something that others didn't get on the DS soaps forum.

I admit, sometimes it used to get to me, but when it happens over a long period of time, you do tend to develope a thick skin. Sometimes it is better to ignore though because a reaction is exactly what they are after and by giving them one, you are playing right into thier hands.

No one should put up with it so if you think you are being mistreated, hit the alert button and leave it to the mods to decide.

If it is always one particular poster you can opt for the ignore button so that persons posts do not appear on your PC. DS advised me to do that when I was getting abuse from someone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol damn, you've put me off posting on General Discussion now, Maurice :eek:. You make it sound like a forum full of rabid, fleshing-eating animals! :eek::eek: :D

But yes, good points here. Couldn't agree more.

Trust me, just saying "I like Starbucks, they make good coffee" could result in five pages of rolled-eyed smileys and people belittling you on there :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about the soap forum while you will always find the odd rude comment or not it is mostly enjoyable, the general discussion forum i have found to be a good 70 percent of people rude and sarcastic

I agree, the Soap forum is one of the nicest. GD and Showbiz are horrendous, and X Factor and Music can get quite nasty too. The Soap forum is great, and in general most posters are nice and friendly.

I disagree about these 'clique' comments some people are making, 9 times out of 10, if you get involved, you will feel included, especially in the episode threads. What I don't like is when people give constructive advice about how people are posting i.e. repeating the same things over and over, yet these posters take offence and immediately claim they are being 'bullied'. I haven't actually seen any real forms of 'bullying' on these forums at least, at all. Most of the time, these 'victims' of 'bullying' are as bad as the people they are accusing, so I really think that it's almost a non-issue, in this forum at least any way.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you stick to the inoffensive threads like "Is tea better than coffee?" or "How many times do you go to the loo per day?" then you should be fine ;)
    Forum Member
    I agree, the Soap forum is one of the nicest. GD and Showbiz are horrendous, and X Factor and Music can get quite nasty too. The Soap forum is great, and in general most posters are nice and friendly.

I disagree about these 'clique' comments some people are making, 9 times out of 10, if you get involved, you will feel included, especially in the episode threads. What I don't like is when people give constructive advice about how people are posting i.e. repeating the same things over and over, yet these posters take offence and immediately claim they are being 'bullied'. I haven't actually seen any real forms of 'bullying' on these forums at least, at all. Most of the time, these 'victims' of 'bullying' are as bad as the people they are accusing, so I really think that it's almost a non-issue, in this forum at least any way.

i agree complety, although there isnt bullys there is some rude response but i think you just need to take it with a pinch of salt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me, just saying "I like Starbucks, they make good coffee" could result in five pages of rolled-eyed smileys and people belittling you on there :D

Wow :eek: :D.

I will remember your quote if I ever get a offensive comment on here :eek:. And that will help me keep my cool :D:). Not that I lose my cool often :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    If you stick to the inoffensive threads like "Is tea better than coffee?" or "How many times do you go to the loo per day?" then you should be fine ;)

On second thoughts, I doubt I'll be bothering with GD :p. I'm not very good at discussing random topics like that lol. :o
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree complety, although there isnt bullys there is some rude response but i think you just need to take it with a pinch of salt

Yeah I agree, but unfortunately you get rude people everywhere, so it's just something to deal with. But as far as actually offensive posts go, I personally have seen very little of that in this forum. Most of the disagreements seem to come from misunderstandings and/or people staunchly defending their own views, which is why I feel the application of the term 'bullying' is largely inappropriate. :)
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess I've had a different experience because I do sometimes feel like their is a clique mentality in some threads just my view not everyones, I'm not directly affected myself as it doesn't bother me but I do notice it with other members and you're right the forum is overall very friendly and jokey but the tone in the last couple of months have taken a turn that does make you question somes behaviour, I've seen some pretty vile made against other members away from the site as well as on it so maybe it makes me understand while they react the way they do on here not saying it right or I agree with it but nobody is innocent or perfect and some I feel do go on about stuff to aggravate the situation further and don't seem to be willing to resolve it or let it lie but have to keep going on like they have a point to prove.
    Forum Member
    talking about bullying just realise the lovely EE unleashed blogger has targeted me again ... who the hell is this woman
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,507
    Administrator
    If you have an issue with another user or feel that they're bullying someone, please 'alert' and ignore the problematic posts and we'll look into them.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.